ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: live2mud on December 05, 2007, 12:07:43 AM

Title: 400ex gearing
Post by: live2mud on December 05, 2007, 12:07:43 AM
Whats the best gearing for acceleration for a stock 400ex with 22" razor's on the rear?
Title: Re: 400ex gearing
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on December 05, 2007, 12:30:12 AM
If you have 22" rear tires going down 1 tooth in the front will bring you back to stock gearing.
Going up to 22" tires is like going up 1 tooth in the front. It has the same effect on the gearing.
Title: Re: 400ex gearing
Post by: Ida_Mann on December 05, 2007, 12:33:14 AM
I'd go down two teeth on the front,,,,,bunch of people go down one tooth on the front with stock tires, it gives it a bit more pep off the line.

I've got stock-sized tires and have stock gearing at the moment,,,,but I like to play with the gearing so I've got a 14 and a 16 tooth front sprocket ready to go on if I feel like something different.

Id@
Title: Re: 400ex gearing
Post by: n-stig8r on December 05, 2007, 02:37:33 AM
I've always dropped 1 tooth for XC racing/trail riding and it worked out well for me.
Title: Re: 400ex gearing
Post by: JackL on December 05, 2007, 04:43:38 AM
Going down with one tooth, two teeth...where is Anoriginal when you need him.