The girls are going shopping so the boy and I are looking to go play. Who wants to get together to ride? I was thinking of maybe going to Big Cypress on Saturday with the Monster Truck or the Outlander. Who's up for it? How about you and the rest of the Miami crew, Gato? Big_Daddy, you're from Miami. What are you doing?
(http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/digginfool/IMG_2066.jpg)
Not me :'( :'( :'(
we are riding 2nite down south and I think we are heading to Ft.Myers for the sat.only if you like I will keep u posted to tag along
Holey lands sunDAY if your up for it...we are going way out!!
i'm down to ride tomorrow 12/8, either humps or big cypress.
Quote from: digginfool on November 21, 2007, 01:06:09 PM
The girls are going shopping so the boy and I are looking to go play. Who wants to get together to ride? I was thinking of maybe going to Big Cypress on Saturday with the Monster Truck or the Outlander. Who's up for it? How about you and the rest of the Miami crew, Gato? Big_Daddy, you're from Miami. What are you doing?
(http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/digginfool/IMG_2066.jpg)
I was thinking about going to holey lands this weekend... sat or sun..
anyone wanna go to cypress this weekend 1/26?
in order to ride cypress dont you have sit in a video about cypress.
You also need an annual permit to ride there also.I called a few months ago about getting the permit and they told me they only sell so many permits per year and at that time they still had them available.They also inspect your machine as well before giving you the permit as well as have you watch the 30 min video.They told me to call ahead before bringing the atv down for inspection because they said they could most likley save me a trip there and could get certain info over the phone.
i know i've been riding there for years. I only have two riding buddies that are registered and they hardly ride. wanted to see if anybody else here wanted to go. I just lifted my bike and i'm dying to ride. i went to go ride last weekend in homestead but before i could unload the bike a metro dade cop told us we weren't allowed to ride in that area anymore. So i'm left with just cypress. not to bad thought it's only a 45 minute trip for my to burns lake and a little more for bear island. Haven't been there for a while though. I just gotta swing by the station for my new decal. I don't need inspection till next year so.
Anybody wanna go?
Quote from: Turk on January 22, 2008, 04:22:24 PM
You also need an annual permit to ride there also.I called a few months ago about getting the permit and they told me they only sell so many permits per year and at that time they still had them available.They also inspect your machine as well before giving you the permit as well as have you watch the 30 min video.They told me to call ahead before bringing the atv down for inspection because they said they could most likley save me a trip there and could get certain info over the phone.
The inspections are every two years. Basically u just need working headlights, taillights, muffler with spark arrestor, and proof of ownership. As for the tires u need 7inches of tread touching the floor in the front and 9inches in the rear. The first time i went about 2 yrs ago with my stocks (right after i bought the bike) the rears didn't pass. They measure like crazy and if they aren't sure they have u drive over sand and measure the floor. So i bought new tires and went bike the next week and have been riding since.
I'm running 9's in the front and 12's in on the rear would that be good enough to pass?Glad to know the inspection is every 2 years thanks for clearing that up for me.
Ok let me correct some of this.The inspections are every three years, its not a video its a slideshow on a computer, The annual pass is $50.00, yes they sell only 1000 passes a year, you need a DL to ride and You need proof of ownership.
There alot of rules in the park, so read up before you spend the money.
http://www.nps.gov/bicy/
digginfool, your truck because its tag we be given limit access to the park
(bear island) only.
If you are going to Big Cypress, please stay out of the camps(private property) and follow all the rules, I'm currently waiting a reply from the park superintendent, rumor is atv's will be out. There's a separate post here about 6 riders being caught last week in full race gear speeding down the rock trails with no ORV licenses or permits and two of the bikes came back stolen. Have fun and be safe......
QuoteIf you are going to Big Cypress, please stay out of the camps(private property) and follow all the rules, I'm currently waiting a reply from the park superintendent, rumor is atv's will be out. There's a separate post here about 6 riders being caught last week in full race gear speeding down the rock trails with no ORV licenses or permits and two of the bikes came back stolen. Have fun and be safe......
Yes I read that thread and I think thats an absolute disgrace to disrespect and intrude on private property.Even when I ride out at the HoleyLands I know to stay clear of the camps out of respect for the owners because I know I wouldnt want uninvited intruders tresspassing.I think it's a shame for those of us who truley love to ride our machines and enjoy the sights of the everglades and respect the land.I've grown up and lived in South Florida for 30 years and now i'm ready to go out and enjoy the everglades and see what it's all about and that privilege may no longer be because of the types Idiots mentioned in the the other thread.
Quote from: Turk on January 23, 2008, 06:56:00 AM
I'm running 9's in the front and 12's in on the rear would that be good enough to pass?Glad to know the inspection is every 2 years thanks for clearing that up for me.
Thats what i have and passed fine.
Here a link to the permit guidlines for big cypress national park:
http://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/upload/Permit%20guidelines%20FINAL.pdf (http://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/upload/Permit%20guidelines%20FINAL.pdf)
at the very bottom is says they give out 2,000 permits a year and the first time i went to ranger told me they have never sold that many lol
Thanks for the link.I found a lot of "good to know" information there.
over 500 views and no one is down to go? i know there have to be some bikes here that are registered. so far it's me, brett711, my gf's uncle, and my friend gabriel. who else?
my sticker is not on my atv
(http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2476/p1190658ph7.jpg)
sorry guys
Quote from: big-daddy on January 23, 2008, 06:06:10 PM
my sticker is not on my atv
(http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2476/p1190658ph7.jpg)
sorry guys
oh i didn't think you were the same guy form atvmia lol i just thought it was coincedence that there was a big daddy hear and another one on the other site. So i guess i'll say it again, that this is bad a$$ dude.
Thanks...it took me 4 month and 4 donor jeeps to put her together. ;D
are there any add fees for riding big cypress.
Quote from: big-daddy on January 23, 2008, 09:33:58 PM
Thanks...it took me 4 month and 4 donor jeeps to put her together. ;D
came out real nice though, well worth the time. great job.
Quote from: brett711 on January 23, 2008, 10:49:58 PM
are there any add fees for riding big cypress.
just the annual permit. $50 a year.
want part of big cypress do you plan to ride?
brett needs to get his bike registered that morning so we'll probably just ride the trail that goes out of the visitor center.
i spoke with the orv officer and they need app of title... im getting that from rick case.. 20 min video to watch and ill be riding
its not a video, its a slide show on a computer
Quote from: rb-86 on January 24, 2008, 12:20:58 PM
brett needs to get his bike registered that morning so we'll probably just ride the trail that goes out of the visitor center.
best area around bear island, I hate that rocky road coming out of Osais
Quote from: big-daddy on January 24, 2008, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: rb-86 on January 24, 2008, 12:20:58 PM
brett needs to get his bike registered that morning so we'll probably just ride the trail that goes out of the visitor center.
best area around bear island, I hate that rocky road coming out of Osais
yea i've heard good things about bear island. oasis isn't bad after that rock trail. there's some trails with mud pits and logs to climb over.
got title application and green/yellow sticker from the state..im ready to ride.
awesome dude. just give me a call late tomorrow if not i'll call u when i'm out of work around 6pm.
alrighty then, ill talk to you tommorw
i ride a rancher 420 with 589
brett, sorry about selling out last week, but i'm gonna be riding this sunday. give me a call.
also anybody else is welcome to come this sunday the 10th. gonna be going to bear island. wanna get there around 9-10am so i'll leaving early and heading back around 4-5pm.