I have my plastics off at the moment and need to get them cleaned up today or tomorrow. Is there anything good that won't do any damage to them at like walmart or somewhere to shine them up?
Thanks ;D
I have this armor all yellowish gel that works really good. I don't know the exact name of it, but its from armor all and it's this yellowish gel that you rub on then rub off, and my plastics really shine. If you cant find that, spray on regular armor all works pretty good too.
EDIT: Try not to get either on your seat. If you do you might have to tape yourself on your quad because it will be really slippery! lol
i used armor all on my bike and it looks great!
Armor all will dry your plastics out if they sit in the sun. We use Nano wax. It's in a blue bottle and you can buy it from walmart or discount auto(usually they have it on sale)
mop n glow..or sumthing like that
I use wd-40 after I wash them it works good for cleaning dirt out of the scratches, the dirt doesn't stick after a ride and it makes the plastic shiny as well.
Another thing you have to do is spray it on your rotors it really makes them shiny too.... :D
i use turtle wax cleaner it works pretty good
i use wd 40
Quote from: blupits04 on November 17, 2007, 11:38:51 AM
Armor all will dry your plastics out if they sit in the sun. We use Nano wax. It's in a blue bottle and you can buy it from walmart or discount auto(usually they have it on sale)
Very True! Nano is the way to go. I may shine mine up next weekend along with my 2 trucks.
Quote from: Kawa3 on November 17, 2007, 10:14:18 AM
I have my plastics off at the moment and need to get them cleaned up today or tomorrow. Is there anything good that won't do any damage to them at like walmart or somewhere to shine them up?
Thanks ;D
Just replace them. 8)
Tire shine work really well too. Not the foam or aerosol, the stuff in the regular spray bottle. Regular spray silicone in an aerosol can really shines them up also.
I spray the underside with WD40 before I ride sometimes. Makes it 100 times easier to clean off. I dont like Armor-All on the plastics because it catches all the dust and dirt and makes it even dirtier and also dries it out. Tire shine does the same as well. I would rather try a wax solution.
It's tuff having a show bike sometimes. So many decisions.
the other day i went to wal-mart and got this gel called goo-gone it takes some of the black streaks out of the fenders gets off all residue from old decals and it takes off some hard-to-scrub-off dirt. adds some shine to the fenders.
what color plastics are they? i use wesleys bleach white to clean mine and then i wax them but my plastics are yellow i dont know if it will work on darker plastics
Quote from: Turboderf on November 18, 2007, 12:08:24 AM
i use wd 40
cheapest way to go & it has always worked for me since the eighties.
Quote from: kawasakimojaverider on November 19, 2007, 02:10:34 PM
what color plastics are they? i use wesleys bleach white to clean mine and then i wax them but my plastics are yellow i dont know if it will work on darker plastics
Red
Quote from: JackL on November 19, 2007, 07:14:13 AM
Quote from: Kawa3 on November 17, 2007, 10:14:18 AM
I have my plastics off at the moment and need to get them cleaned up today or tomorrow. Is there anything good that won't do any damage to them at like walmart or somewhere to shine them up?
Thanks ;D
Just replace them. 8)
Was thinking about getting the new 08 silver ones or some lime green ;D
Thanks for all the answers. I think i'm going to try some wax and goo gone to get rid of some decals
I like plexus... it works great. www.plexusplasticcleaner.com
a lot of pilot's use it for their windshields and we use it on atv's also. it doesnt make it real shiny though, but cleans it really well.
I use WD on everything, I spray down the entire quad right after I wash it then I push it into storage so that it all soaks in.
I got a 8 year old quad that still looks pretty dang good, but not as good as the garage-queen that T@ has 8)
Id@
I use 80 grit sandpaper and you can never tell anything is ever on them!!! :D