I am currently working on next years racing schedule and classes. We have learned a lot about what works and what doesn't over the past year, but please give me your input or any opinions you may have.
Here's some things that are going to change for sure:
We are going to install a starting grid behind turn 4 where we can start 10 wide for TT races.
There will be two Vet/age classes and two Ladies classes.
Our pricing structure will change to be competitive with other tracks.
Open classes will be payout classes.
Here's what I want your input on:
More TT or more flat track?
More day races or more night races? During the cold months, we will race during the day anyway, as the track gets slick on cold nights.
For day races- Saturday or Sunday?
Any ideas for any new classes?
2 heat races and a main, or 1 heat race and a main? We currently run 2 heat races and a Main race, and it works good unless it gets really crowded and it starts taking a lot of time with all of the LCQ races.
Let me know. Thanks.
My only issue with the whole thing is your PA system. More TT races day or night would be nice. Try to avoid sundays.
The PA system actually works good. That announcer we've been trying out just talks like Charlie Brown's parents. LOL.
Thanks.
The Teacher.... WAA WaWAA WA WA WAAAA
Yeah, he sounds just like the teacher! He's entertaining as hell..... if we could just hear him.
I don't even care about the PA. Everything runs pretty smooth up there. You have good lighting and a race track. All that's left is racing.
I enjoyed our trip up a few weekends ago, I would say that the pa system is very low almost everywhere. It is hard to tell even during quite times what is being said. Everyone was going and asking what the announcer was asking for.
As far as the track, I thought it was perfect!!!!!!! You have a Great thing going and I would not change it. Ok maybe I would run the knobbies before the sprints as the track was very dry after them.
brady i think you put on a good show a couple of weeks ago when the nc riders came down us nc people made it run a little late because we were confused on some this but it was great but one thing i think that ever one needs to work on is the kids not just because i have a 50cc rider but the kids is the future just my in put from nc :)
Quote from: jayman on November 12, 2007, 09:09:54 PM
I enjoyed our trip up a few weekends ago, I would say that the pa system is very low almost everywhere. It is hard to tell even during quite times what is being said. Everyone was going and asking what the announcer was asking for.
As far as the track, I thought it was perfect!!!!!!! You have a Great thing going and I would not change it. Ok maybe I would run the knobbies before the sprints as the track was very dry after them.
Knobbies should always run after sprints since it would be less likely that knobbies would tear up the track after the sprints have laid down so much rubber... :)
I think you guys really do have everything squared away pretty well. The only 2 things I'd suggest a slight bit of work on would be the PA system, maybe lowering the speakers down to the ground a little bit closer would help? Whenever someones on the track its really hard to decipher who needs to be in staging. And also, FOOD during the race nights if possible :)
I mentioned the age/birthday issue to you at the track. But I know there is always a lot going on so just thought I would mention it again.
Some type of rule needs to be in place for the age restricted classes (peewee, youth, vet, etc.). It wouldn't be fair to move them in the middle of a points series because they have a birthday. Maybe something like whatever age you are at the start of the series is your "race" age. Just a thought.
I think you need to re-work the youth class. It should be based on both experience and age. For example Jefferey started out in the Novice class even though he never raced before, but he was 13. He is an aggressive rider and was perfect for Novice. I heard a few people talking about something in between Youth and Novice, that would be great only if there were enough people. Maybe that's where the Sportsman class comes in?? IDK?
I like the idea of having sunday races.
Brady, I think you need to have a supply of king size SNICKERS candy bars at the snack bar for our special friend.
How 'bout bikini girls in the winners circle? ;D
Quote from: HillKiller on November 14, 2007, 03:10:59 AM
How 'bout bikini girls in the winners circle? ;D
I do have a checkered flag T-back....... ;D
Quote from: fastrnrik on November 14, 2007, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: HillKiller on November 14, 2007, 03:10:59 AM
How 'bout bikini girls in the winners circle? ;D
I do have a checkered flag T-back....... ;D
i think i'm gonna go vomick now :cursing.gif
Quote from: 550superquad on November 14, 2007, 12:03:41 PM
Quote from: fastrnrik on November 14, 2007, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: HillKiller on November 14, 2007, 03:10:59 AM
How 'bout bikini girls in the winners circle? ;D
I do have a checkered flag T-back....... ;D
i think i'm gonna go vomick now :cursing.gif
I already did...
(http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/HillKiller/puke_aftermath.jpg)
Tough crowd. :(
Quote from: fastrnrik on November 14, 2007, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: HillKiller on November 14, 2007, 03:10:59 AM
How 'bout bikini girls in the winners circle? ;D
I do have a checkered flag T-back....... ;D
Oh yeah lookin forward to that, you know all about equality:) You are gonna wear that this Saturday, I think the low is will be what in the 40's, yeah that would be fine...
Hey now! The snickers bars are left at home for me and the old lady. No need to bring them to the track. LOL. Only if u knew how much that sucked
All the racers are going to need a private lounge with couches, showers, multiple HD televisions.
Quote from: yfz122 on November 18, 2007, 01:58:42 PM
All the racers are going to need a private lounge with couches, showers, multiple HD televisions.
We have that already. It's called the "Hilton", and it's 3 exits south. ;D
brady i know you are talking about a big race in jan at the end of jan i just got word we are having our nc banquet then so we would like to ask for feb the 2 the last sat in jan is the 26 then the naxt one will be feb 2 thanks ben
OK, we haven't set a date yet, so it's all good.