New to ATV but I am bout to get a Banshee tomorrow. My goal is to race, not flat track but MX style with jumps...are Banshees good for that? I need to know ASAP.
Mike
Ive seen it done Mike but there are better suited bikes out there for mx. If your buying new you might conceder the other Yamaha ; YZF 450. Thats what its made for. Also the Honda 450 would be a good choice. Good luck with whatever you pick !!! ;D
Nah, actually I am trading my streetbike for a 99 Banshee from a guy on here. Sweet looking banshee. What makes a banshee a flat track bike? Suspension?
Mike
The man to answer that would be wareracing07. Thats what hes got and what he does. Real nice guy and you can find him in the racing scene. ;)
Hey! whos talking about me!!! Awwww quad...you think im nice... how sweet.... (shows how well you DONT know me) [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=Unhappy.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
Banshees arnt the best MX bikes for pretty much one simple reason! they lack bottom end! They are top end bikes.
Which makes them ideal for F.T. or dune riding. They are a little heavier in the front than most bikes and they arnt as "plush" as some of the 450's or even the 400's for that matter. Im not saying you cant race a banshee on MX but be prepared for the 4 strokes to whoop up on you as they have tons of bottom end! Try FT you might like it. Plus your bike doesnt get beat up as bad! Hope i helped ya some,
chris
I have never raced on a banshee, but the thones I have raced against on a mx track try to spin alot out of a curve. they are great drag bikes and great flat track bikes. that is just my 2 cents.
Thanx guys...
Ware...question. Are flat tracks completely flat? Are there any small jumps?
Mike
QuoteThanx guys...
Ware...question. Are flat tracks completely flat? Are there any small jumps?
Mike
Yep they are a flat banked oval. racing in pretty close, nerf bars are a real good idea
Okay! Is that what you do? Do you race a Banshee like mentioned earlier? Where is a good place to race?
Mike
QuoteOkay! Is that what you do? Do you race a Banshee like mentioned earlier? Where is a good place to race?
Mike
dade city is not bad that is where we all race go to the dade city forum
QuoteOkay! Is that what you do? Do you race a Banshee like mentioned earlier? Where is a good place to race?
Mike
Yeah, i race a banshee at dade city flat track.
I raced Dade city back in 85-87 but I don't remeber a flat track...are banshee fun bikes? Are they the best FT bikes?
Mike
the FT is somewhat new its on the left side of the mx track.
I think banshees are the best in SOME areas but they suck in others... but yeah the powerband is a rush!
QuoteThanx guys...
Ware...question. Are flat tracks completely flat? Are there any small jumps?
Mike
If you want small jumps good for distance not height, try Sandmountain TT. I havent been there so I don't know how a shee would do. It is mostly flat with 4 small jumps. It sounds like a lot of fun.
I raced my banshee on the MX track and got a wooping.
Then I raced FT and did good but found it was boring.
I swithced to a 250R and raced MX and did mych better. The jumps got a little to dangerous for me.
I then went to XC racing and that was for me.
I now have a 450Y and just love it.
Long story short dont get the banshee, you will be limited to what you can do with it.
Sure you can race it in every event somewheres but you will just have to work harder at than others.
Been there done that...
Thanx!
I am taking all of your advise very seriously!
Mike
Hey Mike on second thought dont listen to ware to much on account of him being a big ole throbbing TOOL !!! [smiley=BigSmile.gif] [smiley=BigSmile.gif] [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
This forum is kind of weird...it seems threads are always getting hi-jacked. lol
Nah, I am really a true MXer at heart. So I have decided to pass on the Banshee. I am going to looking into 400's or 450's in quads or pick up a 250cc Dirtbike. The quad would be easier to convince my wife because she can ride it but if I had it my way, I would get the dirtbike.
Mike
hey mike read the ending post of the dae city topic youll understand...
No I got it... [smiley=abduct2.gif] I was just kidding.
This seems to be a cool group of people.
Mike
cooll..... [smiley=bow.gif]
QuoteThis forum is kind of weird...it seems threads are always getting hi-jacked. lol
Nah, I am really a true MXer at heart. So I have decided to pass on the Banshee. I am going to looking into 400's or 450's in quads or pick up a 250cc Dirtbike. The quad would be easier to convince my wife because she can ride it but if I had it my way, I would get the dirtbike.
Mike
If it is just that your prefer 2 strokes, R's are good on the MX track.
But then, some might say I am a little biased [smiley=Wink.gif]
QuoteIf it is just that your prefer 2 strokes, R's are good on the MX track.
But then, some might say I am a little biased [smiley=Wink.gif]
Who in thier right mind would trade a GSXR for an OLD ANCIENT A$$ RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ????????????
[smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif]
I wouldn't! But I am trading it for a quad. Just have to find one and someone that wants to trade.
Mike
hey buddy what kind of street bike u got and what year i got a guy with a yfz450 lookin to trade for a street bike let me know man thanks
1997 GSXR-R600 with only 7800 miles on it. Great shape. Dude if he is interested, I have the title and can meet whenever...except for tomorrow night.
You can see more about it here.
http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=classifieds-forsale2;action=display;num=1109872540
Mike
QuoteWho in thier right mind would trade a GSXR for an OLD ANCIENT A$$ RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ????????????
[smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif]
ANY TIME YOUR READY TO RUN THAT 450 AGAINST MY DINOSAUR YOU LET ME KNOW!! [smiley=box.gif] [smiley=Wink.gif]
Hey RTR im not to sure motomike knows what an "R" is.
you might want to tell him....
QuoteANY TIME YOUR READY TO RUN THAT 450 AGAINST MY DINOSAUR YOU LET ME KNOW!! [smiley=box.gif] [smiley=Wink.gif]
YOU JUST BRING IT ON [smiley=box.gif]
[smiley=Clown.gif]
QuoteYOU JUST BRING IT ON [smiley=box.gif]
[smiley=Clown.gif]
(http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/joref.gif) Gentleman....Take your places.....
YEA WHAT HA SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
Don't worry, it won't be long and I will be taking both of your ego's! [smiley=trophy1.gif] [smiley=box.gif]
Mike
DAMN!!! Smacked down by the new guy!!!(http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/boxing1.gif)
Are you guys gonna take that!!!!! :P
HOLD UP LITTLE MIKEY, I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHO YOUR MESSING WITH PAL. GO AHEAD & TRADE THAT STREET BIKE FOR A QUAD OR HELL YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRADE IT JUST BRING ANYTHING YOU WANT TO THE STREET OR TO THE DIRT & I'LL SPANK THAT A$$ SUCKA.
Welcome to the wide world of smack talking & a$$ spanking young'n. [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=box.gif] [smiley=Wacko.gif]
QuoteI'LL SPANK THAT A$$
What is it with you? I have looked at many of your threads and you always talk about spanking guys asses, I thought you were married, are you using this forum to come out? [smiley=box.gif]
Mike
HAHAHAHAHA LOL!!!!
Yo everyone! I just got my quad! I got a 2003 Suzuki Z400. I hear a lot of good things about the Suzuki Z400 and I think it will make a great 1st quad.
So whens the next race?
Mike
Alright!!! cool! dade city races on sat night's MX or Flattrack races start at 7pm get there about 530
Anyone else from the Apopka/Orlando area going that I could follow? I haven't been out there since I was 8. My wife and her best friend are going to join me.
I may not race, but I will definitely ride the track before the races.
Mike
QuoteHey RTR im not to sure motomike knows what an "R" is.
you might want to tell him....
ID RATHER JUST SHOW HIM!! BUT ILL TRY TO EXPLAIN!!
AN "R" is what you would see alot of the back of if I were on the track w/ you MIKE!
AN "R" is kind of like a fine wine! It gets better w/ age!
AN "R" is a 380cc ESR POWERVALVED QUAD that gonna spank them boys at DADE CITY ONE EVENING!!
[smiley=box.gif] [smiley=stooges.gif]
I can even leave my tool box at home! Cause w/ all us TOOLS out there Im sure Id be OK! ;D
What is it with you? I have looked at many of your threads and you always talk about spanking guys asses, I thought you were married, are you using this forum to come out? [smiley=box.gif]
Mike[/quote]
WOW DUDE!! I think your onto something there!
Whats up w/ that LE!! ???
Im not sure i wanna race LE anymore!! :-[
Then again, he has no chance of SPANKIN MY AZZ!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
Give me a few weeks, it won't be long before you get familiar with my tail lights...if you can seem them through my dust!
Mike
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Not a stock ltz!!!! Hope you plan on spending (http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons1/Bucky.gif)in the next couple weeks then, cause if you bring that out stock.. you'll even get spanked by a girl :P :P :P
I think RTR needs to give you a "IN CLASS" lesson about what R means, apparently online classrooms aren't your quickest way of learning........ 8) 8) 8) 8)
HOLLLAAAAA
I cant believe ive been missing all this !!! ;D LE , man you got to come back and say SOMETHING !! [smiley=Confused.gif] That man is calling you a HO-MY-SEX-U-L !!!! ;D ;D ;D
Stock or not, either way, its all about the rider! And I'z got'z mad skill'z, bra!
Mike
QuoteI cant believe ive been missing all this !!! ;D LE , man you got to come back and say SOMETHING !! [smiley=Confused.gif] That man is calling you a HO-MY-SEX-U-L !!!! ;D ;D ;D
LE and I go wayyyyyy back. I have known him most of my life, its funny tho. We have been talking on here and didn't realize who each other was until we went to PM's.
Mike
i will come out and show ya what my stock z400 will do ;D
mike lets go together and show em how the stock z400's do it around here
Lets do it...where we going?! lol
I used to race when I was a kid and I will be practiceing every night behind my house. Going tonight to pick up some gear. I got a small bonus from work the other day so I am going shopping!
Mike
racing sunday at sandmountain and sat night at dade city mx not flat track :o they have both but i race mx instead of flattrack
Yeah thats why I went with the z400, I LOVE MX!
I will be at Dade City on Saturday...just have to get directions or follow someone out!
Mike
OK LITTLE MIKEY, WELL I SEE YOU GOT A QUAD BUT IF YOU PLAN ON SPANKING ANY A$$ AROUND HERE YOU SHOULD OF LISTENED. OH YEA STUBOURN LITTLE KID HUH. THE THING ABOUT COMING OUT, WELL YES I'M MARRIED SO I USUALLY TRY TO STAY IN. AS FAR AS FOR RTR I THINK HE BETTER JUST TRY TO MAKE ALL THE RACES BEFORE HE TRIES TO TALK ABOUT SEEING THE BACK OF HIS R. WELL I GUESS I HAVE SEEN THE BACK OF HIS R ALOT BECAUSE I USUALLY HELP PUSH IT BACK TO THE TRAILER. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
[smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=box.gif] [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] LOL
RTR, just a little FYI, I ain't pushing ya, if I beat ya! So make sure that dinosaur can take the heat.
Mike
Oh yeah and LE...are you talking about not getting the YZF? I don't have the kind of money you roll in...lol
hey mike just ask le what my zuki did to him at dade city and sand mountain 2 a$$ spankins in one weekend
Ouch !!! :o
Mike need to come out to Sand Mountain Sunday!!
You dont have to race if you dont want to!! But if you stand there and watch then you might be to scared to race at all!!!! :o
Z400!! You can join Brandon at the back of the expert pack if he would ball up and race it!!
As far as you LE, you aint never pushed me back to the pits!!
I think you pulled me a couple of times though!! ;D
EASY RTR I WAS JUST PLAY'IN WITCHA DOG !!!!!!!!!
I THINK I LIKE THE NEW MOD ON THE 450. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
LE,
Truth is, i just wanna quad that will keep runnin! ;D
Trade ya!!!!!!
jt