Anyone going to Dade City on Saturday to race quads? I would like to meet a few of yall.
Mike
we will be over on the flattrack side..
Cool, well if you don't mind, come over and say hi. I would like to meet you. I will be in a olive green Kia minivan with a black trailer and a yellow Suzuki Z400!
Mike
Ya that would be alright!
Do they allow alcohol out there? I mean, I won't be drinking because I am driving and because I am racing but my wife and her best friend want to bring some beer.
Mike
I dunno,,,,never asked
QuoteDo they allow alcohol out there? I mean, I won't be drinking because I am driving and because I am racing but my wife and her best friend want to bring some beer.
Mike
Hell ya Mike !!! ;D If they didnt I wouldnt go !! [smiley=drink.gif] ;D
Cool! You going? If so, come over and see me...I think we will have some extra brew...lol
Mike
I will be up in G-ville at Gatorback watching the ATV Nats but we will catch up with ya soon !! ;D
Damn, didn't know that was going on!
Mike
Just go up sunday. Its only $15. to get in and all pro motos are on sunday !! ;D
Dang, I was supposed to go to Sand to get a pipe put on along with having the bike jetted...
Mike
well I wish I could come but I got to work and I am on call that night.
bah...who needs a job...lol
Mike
Is there different classes at Dade city. This will be my first race. Also, how long is practice? Will someone ride next to me for a lap to get the feel of a decent speed?
Mike
hey bro i dont think anyone on here rides mx at dade city besides me i think 1 oe 2 guys do sometimes
O, so will there be enough people there for a race?
Mike
I have rode over there and there is plenty of bikes to race with the right pace to run that track is just a little faster then the guy behind you lol
really? lol
Mike
Alright, definitely going! So you all there!
Mike
See yall tonight! I will be racing yellow Z400 with numbers 22 on it.
Mike
good luck [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Thanx! Just got back...placed last in the first heat but I was keeping up in the first three laps, but I got tired and slowed down. Plus I was last off the gate, I would have been up front, but since it was my first race, I wanted to see how it played out. I was holding 3 or so and pressed my brake, which was good because there was a small collision on the first turn...lol
Anyway, I had a great time!
I didn't know that you ran two heats...I ran the two practices and raced the first moto but I was too tired to race the second. Looks like I am in worse shape than I thought. My wife said I looked really good on the bike, so that made me feel good, plus I caught some nice air...lol Plus I was the only stock bike out there, or at least it looked that way. And the guy that placed first was WAYYYY ahead of the second place guy...so I would say the class C for beginners is for anyone. Not just beginners race it, which sucks...but oh well.
Can't wait til the next race! I have pictures that I will post later! Off to bed!
Mike
good job mike dont worry about being last we have all done it and you got to start some where. about the in shape stuff I felt the same way when I came off that track I was wore out
Yeah, I thought I would get last but I had a blast! That track is non stop, it felt like I never got a break! Next time I will try a little harder to get second to last or better. I am not really worried about winning right now, I am just having fun racing.
Every since I was kid, I have wanted to race MX, back then it was to race motorcycles, not ATV's. When I was 5 I began racing at Dade City (that was 1985), and after about two years or so, my parents pulled me out because it was interferring with school and chores. So when I was about 13 the bug hit again, my mother would never allow me to get a dirtbike, so I waited, then I started dating my wife (back when I was 15) and she never wanted me to get hurt racing, so she wouldn't allow it...lol
Throughout our 10 yr relationship we have gotten married. She still didn't want me to get a dirtbike but agreed to the ATV. Not sure why she was so concerned about a dirtbike because she had no problem with me riding bulls for almost 4 yrs. Anyway, she is VERY supportive now and was so excited to watch me race. She was very proud that I have only had the bike for a week, rode it twice for about an hour and went out and gave it my all.
I will continue racing, because I love it. I can't wait til my exhuast system gets here and my bike gets jetted and the new filter is on. Next will be Elka's and new tires.
Mike
who cares if you win or lose if u gave it your all and tried thats all you can do and i think thats just as good as winning. and i think thats realy good you have been riding 4 a week and can do that.so in my oppion(not sure if i spelled it right)u get a [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=trophy1.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif]
Thanx!
Yep, I gave it my all and I am paying for it today...I am so sore it isn't even funny. My legs are killing me...lol
Mike
lol, so when r we gonna get some pics?
alex
pics...lol
me after first practice...lol
Me watching the practices...
Me at practice lineup...
Okay didn't get any race photos because it was too dark, but the wife did get some of my practice races...
Another...
and another...this corner got me in the race...
and this is it...just me and my bike...man I love it!
very cool!nice bike!love the gear because its thore!!!!!looks like alot of fun in one of those pics it looked like u were about to hit that realy big jump.that sux no race pics but atleast we got some :)
alex,
ok the 5th pic looks like u were about to hit that ramp how big was it because did not see a landing pad :-/ ???
yeah, love the thor! The bike is pretty bad ass for stock and I am sure it would have placed high, if it had another rider...lol
Mike
It's not that big...not that sure but still cleared it a few time...very fun!
Mike
HOW i guess that it was a beautiful place that you been rides,I have only had the bike for a week, rode it twice for about an hour and went out and gave it my all.
_________________
buell firebolt parts (http://www.buellparts.net/content-categories/cat-379/buell_firebolt.html/)
(http://www.tampabayridindirty.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=837)
WTF?
Say no to drugs...... ;)