Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 01:47:26 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: USA450R on October 24, 2007, 04:25:42 AM
The suspension on a 2007 Honda TRX450ER is fine unless you are a professional motorcross racer. My quad, with work done by Mike at ATP, will dust your 2002 craptor and I wouldnt even need to pull 3rd gear on a track.
Next
You clearly have never experienced what a high quality after-market suspension does for a quad. Also, to compare a 2007 TRX450's performance on a track to any Raptor is immaterial; nobody has ever said the Raptor is king of the track. The two quads are as different as they come; one was purpose-built for the track, the other for trails, desert and dunes. Now, let's put equal engine mods to the Raptor and hit the areas where the Raptor excels. There will be an equally humiliating outcome; never any substitute for displacement.
Unless you are just going fast in a straight line on a smooth surface good suspension will beat a built motor any day.
Believe me, Frank knows what he's talking about. He's one of the fastest riders on this board.
Whatever, I got a C-note that says I will walk the dog on Frank. Straight line, 100 yards. Frank on his 450R and me on my 450S.
How did I get dragged into this?
I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.
Not on a smooth straight line.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 03:46:10 PM
How did I get dragged into this?
I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.
Not on a smooth straight line.
I split this topic from the one in "for sale" talking about suspensions. I'm just starting some trouble here, Thats all.
Oh contraire monfraire. I'm not talking about a smooth straight line.
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 03:46:10 PM
How did I get dragged into this?
I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.
Not on a smooth straight line.
I split this topic from the one in "for sale" talking about suspensions. I'm just starting some trouble here, Thats all.
Oh contraire monfraire. I'm not talking about a smooth straight line.
When and where?
My camp, about 30 miles west of YeeHaw on 60. We have to hurry before it dries up though. ::)
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 03:55:27 PM
My camp, about 30 miles west of YeeHaw on 60. We have to hurry before it dries up though. ::)
That ain't no fair!
neither is a Foreman against a 450r on your track. ;)
Will you old people stop :banghead.gif
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 03:46:10 PM
How did I get dragged into this?
I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.
Not on a smooth straight line.
I split this topic from the one in "for sale" talking about suspensions. I'm just starting some trouble here, Thats all.
Oh contraire monfraire. I'm not talking about a smooth straight line.
Ok, but I've got to dock you a few points for misusing this phrase. Proper spelling is mon frere, french meaning my brother. Correct use in context. Ok, just kidding on the point docking. I had to jump in here and mess w/ someone.
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Guys, guys, guys, This is all in fun. There's no drama here at all.
I simply said that I have a hundred bucks that I could make it 100 yds on my Foreman before Frank could make it on his 450r.
Again, All in fun. Jump in and enjoy. Anybody else want to take the challenge?
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 04:33:17 PM
Guys, guys, guys, This is all in fun. There's no drama here at all.
I simply said that I have a hundred bucks that I could make it 100 yds on my Foreman before Frank could make it on his 450r.
Again, All in fun. Jump in and enjoy. Anybody else want to take the challenge?
Yeah you guys are so slow and dumb I could run the hundred yards before you figured out how to get your quads running and off the line. :o
lol....You guys are gonna get your butts kicked by a chick....LMAO
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Trouble is your middle name. LOL!
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 04:33:17 PM
Guys, guys, guys, This is all in fun. There's no drama here at all.
I simply said that I have a hundred bucks that I could make it 100 yds on my Foreman before Frank could make it on his 450r.
Again, All in fun. Jump in and enjoy. Anybody else want to take the challenge?
Take a look at the videos I posted in the racing section. We had a mud bath. Definitely not my style of racing but you gotta do what you gotta do.
dude, Thats some nasty stuff. Great vids though.
Yeah you guys are so slow and dumb I could run the hundred yards before you figured out how to get your quads running and off the line. :o
[/quote]
This I gotta see, Them suckers are gonna be " BOUNCING" all over the place !!!! :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Clap.gif
i am so glad i bought a new boat no drama just pure relaxsation
Quote from: dynodon on October 24, 2007, 06:10:38 PM
Yeah you guys are so slow and dumb I could run the hundred yards before you figured out how to get your quads running and off the line. :o
This I gotta see, Them suckers are gonna be " BOUNCING" all over the place !!!! :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Clap.gif
[/quote]
Thank god for Tata's ;D
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 01:32:22 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???
Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey.... jackazz! ;D
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 01:32:22 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???
Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey.... jackazz! ;D
Dont be a fool...Swamp-Donkey is Canadian for MOOSE ;)
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 01:32:22 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???
Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey.... jackazz! ;D
Dont be a fool...Swamp-Donkey is Canadian for MOOSE ;)
Ok, so what you're really saying is that you're a FROG! I get it. :D
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 02:40:50 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 01:32:22 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go? ;)
Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???
Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey.... jackazz! ;D
Dont be a fool...Swamp-Donkey is Canadian for MOOSE ;)
Ok, so what you're really saying is that you're a FROG! I get it. :D
Yea Im a FROG unless you kiss my A$$, then I will turn into a Prince :-* :M
I'd like to see Mike's old raptor go against that 450r!
Man I miss that beast.After the motorwork it was just plain scary.
As much power as my Raptor makes with just a pipe and jetting, I can't imagine it with serious motor work done to it. They are fun quads to ride especially after you put a great suspension under them.
I agree with the comments made in another thread about doing the suspension first. I had SERIOUS motorwork done and without the suspension it was useless unless you were drag racing.
Some of the members here remember the Rappy, There was no other way to describe it other than FREAKIN SICK.
We need to get back on track here and talk about the ta ta`s more !!!!!! LOL ;D
LET THE PUPPIES BREATHE!!!