I got this idea from another site (atvsource). I have a bunch of kids gear that doesn't fit/don't want. I know I have a couple youth helmets, 4 or 5 chest protectors, and maybe a pair of boots, possibly a pair of pant/jersey or two. I'll get together a list with sizes. I would love them to go to someone in need. The thought being, when you're finished with it, pass it on to someone else.
Thats a good idea. I also have a childs pair of boots, chest protector and a few other odds and ends. Somebody PM me if they have a need.
Sounds like a great idea to me!!!! I have three girls 6,9,and 11. I just put 3 atv's on layway for them for xmas,and have NO clue what type of gear I even need . Please help a clueless mom!!. thanks,Ali
Quote from: ali on October 11, 2007, 08:50:26 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me!!!! I have three girls 6,9,and 11. I just put 3 atv's on layway for them for xmas,and have NO clue what type of gear I even need . Please help a clueless mom!!. thanks,Ali
I know what you mean ali.. mine is 8yo and i also think its a good idea for hand me down for boys and girls DA MTG MAN gave my a pair of boots for my lil one cristina.. Im reaDY TO PASS THEM ON.
I have 3 chest protectors, 1 new, Im gonna give away at croom. I also have a size sm HJC helmet I will give away at croom too.
I know this probably the right thread for this,but......... well I just have to ask :P Is croom a great place to go ride,and camp..with and even when I dont have the lil ones?
Ok just one more question...honest. ;D There seems to be so many protective items out there,what do I REALLY need to get for them?
Quote from: ali on October 11, 2007, 09:07:55 PM
Ok just one more question...honest. ;D There seems to be so many protective items out there,what do I REALLY need to get for them?
If they are on a proper size bike for their skill level:
Helmet, goggles, gloves, long pants and LS shirt. ATV/MX boots are best but over the ankle hiking boots will do.
Croom is not great for the little ones IMO. Lots of criscross trails and woops.
weve been buying my lil brother gear all along cause he rides on a quad with my dad and will be getting a quad in less than a year. he wears like a 4t or kid small jersey. he has a huge head though. he has a kids xl helmet. so if you have a adult small helmet, he could use it soon. he has had this one for bout 5 months.
I'll have to check but I know I at least have a couple of chest protectors and a couple pairs of kids boots. I'll check the sizes and post them within a day or so.
My Boy is 8 he could use a chest protector he is kinda small for 8 more like the size of a 7yr old I would be glad to pay shipping
I'm not in need of free gear, But I do need to buy a Helmet and boots for my 5 year girl, so she can ride with the proper gear. So if anyone would like to sell a helmet and boots at a good price please let me know, Thanks T2