You guys have got to give Tracy Seegott a call at Seegott/Shanz Insurance . I crapped my pants this morning when he sent me my quote.
Obviously every situation will be a little different based on location, size, zones and so forth but here's mine.
I'm in a 3/2/2 1500 sq ft home. I was paying $2042 a yr.
Tracy quoted me $1190 for a little bit higher coverage than what I had.
It's worth a call just to see if he can find you something better. I will be saving $852 a yr.
Good Deal, I am sitting in about the same size residence you are in the center of the state paying $1400 a year. I just might give him a call and have him quote my insurance. I am currently using State Farm. They have been good to me for 11 years (vehicles), but I am all about saving money.
I am looking to get rebonded by a new terimite company, and that cost a FORTUNE too.
WOW. My house is 1900 sq ft. I was at $4700 a year. I had a home inspection done that cost me $150 and it went down to $2600. I would love to see $1100-$1400. I also have State farm. I would be afraid to switch.
I told him that I was going to make a post on this website so tell him where you got the info from. I think he throws in a case of Budweiser as well.....LMAO
well then,,,,,stay near the toilet if you ever give Geico a call ;-)
Id@
they are gonna start foreclosure proceedings on my house in 3 days cause i can't afford these overpriced insurance rates.i guess they think i can pull an extra $500 a month outta my a$$.
My old insurance went from 500.00 a year for 1900 SQ home back in 02 to this years whoping 2200. I called Statefarm and got a quote of 1000.00.
I have an old house nobody will touch it.
I paid $1770 last year for my 1979 conrete block 1800sq/ft 3/2/2 pool home in Port Orange...this year they want $2000.
Hmmm..It's due in Nov.
Quote from: Shorgasm on October 01, 2007, 09:24:41 PM
I paid $1770 last year for my 1979 conrete block 1800sq/ft 3/2/2 pool home in Port Orange...this year they want $2000.
Hmmm..It's due in Nov.
Call him. Thats basically what mine did. As I stated, every scenario is different but if he can save you anything then it's better than where you're at now. He is a stand up guy and also a fellow atver (not that the atver matters)
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 01, 2007, 03:21:16 PM
WOW. My house is 1900 sq ft. I was at $4700 a year. I had a home inspection done that cost me $150 and it went down to $2600. I would love to see $1100-$1400. I also have State farm. I would be afraid to switch.
what inspections did you have done?
Probably a 4 pt inspection
1. Roof
2. Electrical
3. HVAC (Heat, Ventilation & Air Conditioning)
4. Plumbing
They range from $65 to $150 depending on the location.
and that can cut your insurance in half? dang, i will be making some phone calls today.
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on October 02, 2007, 01:34:18 PM
and that can cut your insurance in half? dang, i will be making some phone calls today.
and that COULD cut your insurance in half? Every property is different, It could be a little more and it could be a little less.
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on October 02, 2007, 01:34:18 PM
and that can cut your insurance in half? dang, i will be making some phone calls today.
I don't know waht he was supposed to look at but.........He walked around the outside of my house took a few pictures of my roof. He was there less than 5 minutes. He came inside. i wrote him a check for $150 and BAM, three weeks later, BIG DISCOUNT! SWEET!
I was referred by my insurance company as to whom I could use for the inspection. they told me the free state one wasn't good enough. I would call the insurance company and inquire about the inspection. Good Luck!
I want to add I have hurricane shutters. That help a lot. I had another friend with a smaller house and he only received a $600 savings. He was only paying $1900 before the discount.
I just realized that I never posted a phone number. Here's the information.
Seegott/Shanz Insurance
His name is Tracy Seegott
Ph 772-286-6359 Fax 772-286-0565
The inspection was probably a wind mitigation inspection. Has to be completed by a GC, Licensed Inspector, Architect or something of that sort. It CAN cause a HUGE savings. This inspection is anywhere from $100 to $300. Contact your company first though. They may require it done on their own form.
If the house is over 50 years old, USUALLY can't get anything other than Citizens (it can happen though). There are a few companies that will write 30-50 still.
WoW where do you guys live ..iam Loxahatchee my house is 3400 Sq ft under 10 years old on a dirt road and iam paying 6100 ayear i just had state farm out here for the wind inspection it cost 150 now iam waiting for the big savings to come :'(i hope :'( the insurance companys are killing us here in florida
A big problem you have is you are in Palm Beach County. For a lot of companies, that is one of the "Big 5" (high risk-hurricanes. I don't agree but, hey, they make the rules). Also, certain areas of Lox are still kind of far from a Fire Station and/or Fire Hydrant. Another high risk in their opinion. Call Tracy or pm me. One of us can do better than that for under 10 years old!
I dont own a house but im constantly hearing my dad pregnant dog about his 4 thousand dollar house payments every month.
gotta hate water front.
Love my USAA!