My family and I are going to HatfieldMcCoy for Thanksgiving holidays. My kids get off school on wensday off Thurs, Friday, Sat and Sun.
It's about a 15 hour from (Davie) south Florida to drive , and we could ride 3 days on the trails.
If anyone would be Interested please let me know.
cell (954) 275-0180
Grizz
NO HUNTING ALLOWED ON THE TRAILS
[/color][/size]
Hello Grizz,
Just for Info. Nov 22 start open gun (Buck season), 2weeks long in W.Va.. I know because I go every year, and leaving on the19th to hunt this year. I would personally not recomend it. My father in law owns 227 acres in Harrrison county and we get guns pointed at us on our property, they try to hunt it. All of W.VA. shuts down for hunting season(buck) in our county, schools closed, All car dealers closed, NAPA closed for first 3 days, ect. Call the Trail House Im sure they will tell you. It is probally closed. I just want to warn you, messing up a Hillbillys hunt, no telling what he might do??? ???
Check it out first,
321GONE
FEDS CANT CATCH CRIMINALS FROM WEST VIRGINIA !!!
#1= ALL THIER DNA IS FROM THE SAME STRAND!
#2= THEY DONT HAVE ANY DENTAL RECORDS!!
QuoteFEDS CANT CATCH CRIMINALS FROM WEST VIRGINIA !!!
#1= ALL THIER DNA IS FROM THE SAME STRAND!
#2= THEY DONT HAVE ANY DENTAL RECORDS!!
thats some funny shet! "if you dont laugh at that there's something wrong with you"
jeff
Hey Grizz how about Durhamtown Plantation in GA?
http://durhamtown.com/index.htm
Let me know on this one I might can go
;)dykid
Hatfield McCoy are for atv riding,
NO HUNTING ALLOWED ON THESE TRAILS
The very happy Grizz :)
So who wants to come?
really?!
I'm kinda sorta really interested!
I wonder how much $$ a trip like that would run me...
any cabins or cheap places to stay?
need more info!!
So come on.
Grizz
Here is some info where to camp
http://www.trailsheaven.com/lodging.cfm#cabins
We would staying in Gilbert West Virginia or Man WV
foxsplace.tripod.com
T2 and I would go but he's in school. oh By the way I'm BblasterBoy_200 his son.Otherwise we would go in a flash. Maybe this summer or winter break we can go. Until then were stuck at home. SORRY.
Grizz,
let me know where yer planning on staying, looks like if I go, i'll be heading up solo!
We're very interested... just trying to fit it in the schedules. I will let you know. I just wanted you to know the interest.
Alright, I just went on the Hatfield McCoy web site and we need to get some serious participation here. This looks awesome. I'm going to do whatever it takes to make this trip. Come on, lets get some commitments here. By the way Grizz, where are you staying? I want to start making plans. I'm fired up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to stay in Gilbert W V (Rockhouse trails )
I will be staying at Joe Harless Community center, It has a RV area for camping ,It is just like a YMCA w/ indoor pool, gym, computer area and a movie theator . Mc Donalds, Hardees, Grocery store.
I have friends that stayed at Fox place very nice peoples
Grizz
Grizz thats a BAD place during hunting season.
The last year I was able to hunt was '02. I was hunting on a private farm outside of Logan and my cousin (he owns the farm) had a cow shot by some idiot who swore he thought it was a deer...the kicker is that the cow was on a cattle trailer with 7 more cows and all were raising cain mooing and bellowing.
I had my eyes checked when I got home though and I think he'll let me come up again this season.
BE CAREFUL UP THERE!
These trails are for ATV riding only NO HUNTING ALLOWED ON THESE TRAILS You pay to ride these trails
Ride right in to town
Ride right next to the cops
It's legal to ride ATV in city the limits
Ride to the Mc Donalds
Ride to the 7-11
Ride to the gas station
[size=3 ]I all most forgot you can ride on trails too ! :)[/size]
sweet
one thing tho
if it's gonna be like major cold...I have no major cold clothing!
jeans and a leather jacket, and for reason, i dont think that will cut it!
i'l still interested tho, i'm gonna make some calls today and see what i can find for a room/cabin.
got room to carry up my quad? :)
IT"S in the sixty 8) 8) 8)
Thoses pictures were taken in late December
My trailer is full
Grizz
Call me
That looks like it would be a fun ride.
yeah it does, anyone else wanna go? split a room, share a drive? i'll drive and carry the quads!
Rates for Fox's is 60.00 for a single cabin
http://foxsplace.tripod.com
at the Compton Inn in Gilbert, 55.12 a night for 2 ppl in a double room, and they knock off taxes if cash is paid..
http://www.comptoninn.com
i'm thinking compton inn..
anyone else wanna tag along? so far I am solo.
oh ya, they did mention sometimes it even snows up there during thanksgiving...not that they are expecting it this year, but u never know....heh..snow...I havent seen that since 1980!
Would this be out of the ? for a sport quad? I dont mind getting stuck every now and then but not all day long.
i asked about mud, they siad theres some there, more like clay, but not tons of it, I don't think it is an issue, I'm trying to do a little more research to see if sport quads can do it...from what I see so far, sure looks like they are all over them trails.
more gas
To the trail head
Fox Place's cabin
THRASHER... I bought the best insulated underwear they are called HOT CHILLIES super thin and throw them under jeans you will me warm they have three thickness styles they arent cheap but they work.
Dang Grizz..... I'm dying over here!!! First off, I would love to go. But no way on thanksgiving. (rats) Second.... well you know my story. Crap!!!!! I gotta do something!!!! I hope to go there next time. Hope you guys have fun. >:( :-X :'(
well dreth and family are considering this trip, we will know tommorrow if it is possible, if it is i will not be racing in the FTR mx series this year which is ok because trips like this make life worth living ;D. check your pm thrasher!
I called fox's yesterday,and if i am not mistaken, i think he said he is booked up... maybe that was single cabins tho, I can call again l8r to find out for sure.
Dreth, U have a PM! :D
I think he has only 2 cabins
QuoteTHRASHER... I bought the best insulated underwear they are called HOT CHILLIES super thin and throw them under jeans you will me warm they have three thickness styles they arent cheap but they work.
cool, I'll head to Bill Jackson's and see if thay have any there...if not, maybe the check out the Playboy of sporting-goods catalogs, Cabelas!
Grizz, Thats what I thought, only 2 cabins, then he said something else that made it sound like he had a lot more.
I think Nos is comming with you ? He all ready has his thermo under wear. ;D
Grizz
btw the outfit I am wearing on the picture above cost me less than 40.00
almost sounds like it!
hey grizz where are you staying at?
we stayed at www.browningforktrailhouse.com Marty and Lisa are great people. You should look them up!!
Larry Joe Harless community center in Gilbert WV 304-664-2500 Web site http://www.ljh.org/main.html
Is for RV Camping
The best part we get to used the gym, indoor pool and the computors room.
Browningforktrail web site
304-664-8211
http://browningforktrail.tripod.com/
I have a cabin available for Thanksgiving weekend ya'll. I'm located 5 miles from Gilbert,WV. Just in front of Marty and Lisa.
We would love to provide accommodations for your group while enjoying our backyard playground.
If interested, check out our website:
http://browningforkdodropin.tripod.com
Hope to see ya on the trails.
Browning Fork "Do-Drop In"
Cabin and Trailer Lodging
304-664-8925
tlm_mlt2001@yahoo.com
So let get more people to go.
Look at the hills and great view
o0o0o!!!
650Kawgirl ,i'm sending u an email!
Dreth, it looks very interesting!
Look at the view
this sounds like i should go how cold is it in nov
Its about 65 at this time .U and Nos should come.
Grizz
Temperature for Gilbert West Virginia
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/25621?lswe=25621&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared
Who knows what Mother Nature holds for us in Southern West Virginia this November. I have seen spring like temps, heavy snows, bitter cold temps.
Keep an eye on our local weather at: www.wsaz.com
Hope to see ya on the trail.
8) Maybe we could get lucky and find some white stuff 8)The 8) Grizz
GrizzlyGirl and no longer kodiak girl
8) Rockhouse trailhead 8)
The Grizz and Grizzlygirl
Quote 8) Maybe we could get lucky and find some white stuff 8)
The 8) Grizz
GrizzlyGirl and no longer kodiak girl
oh great...i am even less prepared for snow than I am cold weather! i'll pickup something this week, i will also call monday or something for a reservation
My dad was born and raised just outside of Beckley, WVa. We spent a lot of time up there visiting my grandparents when I was young. Just beautiful country. My dad told me he saw snow on June 10th one year. :o
My travel brochure
Trail riding on Rockhouse trails
It's just beautiful
grizz,
this is killing me. i want to go but wont be able to make it.
:(
jeff
damn jeff, that sux!
it'd be awesome if u could go along!
Jeff life is short, some time you have to give up commitments and go for the gusto.
The 8) Grizz
W00H00!!!!
I got the time off!!!
I'm off from 11/24-29! don't have to be back to work till the 30th!
w00t!
I'm so there..
just tried to call to make reservations, no answer, will try again L8r....beh
got the reservations made! w00t!
gonna be staying at 650Kawgirls place at the "do-drop in"
:D
Quotegot the reservations made! w00t!
gonna be staying at 650Kawgirls place at the "do-drop in"
:D
hey thrasher can we stay with you....hehehhehehhehehee ;D. thats sweet bro , i just ordered a disc brake kit for the rubicon today so she will be able to stop now. BRAKES ARE A MUST.
KEEP IN MIND YOU NEED BRAKES! PLEASE, ALL GOING ON THIS RIDE HAVE YOUR BRAKES SERVICED FOR YOUR SAFETY!!!!!!!
w0rd!
good idea!
(must order new pads)
I would suggest a complete machine check up. You don't want to travel 14 hrs. and have quad problems.
Also, Thrasher, you will need warmer clothing. Jeans and a leather jacket just won't cut it. Something warm for your ears, hands, and feet definately.
Look forward to meeting ya'll in about 3 weeks.
At 2400 ft above sea level, It may get a little cold
from looking at that picture i am already cold
jetting could be an issue, the air is thinner so your quad will run leaner and over heat . im bringing an extra jet for my 450 because its borderline now. when we went to tennessee my other quads were fine but i could tell the a little difference , they alredy ran a little fat or rich if you will. just a thought.
QuoteI would suggest a complete machine check up. You don't want to travel 14 hrs. and have quad problems.
Also, Thrasher, you will need warmer clothing. Jeans and a leather jacket just won't cut it. Something warm for your ears, hands, and feet definately.
Look forward to meeting ya'll in about 3 weeks.
someone mentioned a permit? do we need something special to ride the trails? is there like a muffler noise check or anything like that?
no ! just your money
I believe 650KAwgirl said she would have permits ready for us when we get up there...I forget how much they are tho..
Permit fee
We brought our permit at the 7-11 In man but U can buy them just about anywhere
How much do permits cost?
(prices include 6% sales tax)
In-state annual permit costs $26.50
Out-of-state annual permit costs $79.50
The annual permits expire 1 year after purchase date.
1-day permit costs $19.08
3-7 day permit costs $37.10
Prices are subject to change without notice
is the permit for the quad or the riders?
The permit is for the Quad
QuoteThe permit is for the Quad
The permit is for the person that purchases it not the machine. If you want to ride your quad one day and a dirtbike the next day, only one permit is necessary. 8)
I will have your 3-7 day permits waiting on you when you arrive. I am an authorized vendor to sell Hatfield~McCoy merchandise. Most lodge owners are authorized to sell permits. It just makes it nicer for the people. They don't have to find a 7-11 to get one. ;D
QuoteThe permit is for the person that purchases it not the machine. If you want to ride your quad one day and a dirtbike the next day, only one permit is necessary. 8)
I will have your 3-7 day permits waiting on you when you arrive. I am an authorized vendor to sell Hatfield~McCoy merchandise. Most lodge owners are authorized to sell permits. It just makes it nicer for the people. They don't have to find a 7-11 to get one. ;D
so it's something u carry in yer wallet and not a sticker on yer quad? (I like the sticker idea, this way i can load up my quad with stickers of the places i have ridden!).
which reminds me, i ought to get one for big cypress!
You plastic tie rap to the bike
QuoteThe permit is for the person that purchases it not the machine. If you want to ride your quad one day and a dirtbike the next day, only one permit is necessary. 8)
I will have your 3-7 day permits waiting on you when you arrive. I am an authorized vendor to sell Hatfield~McCoy merchandise. Most lodge owners are authorized to sell permits. It just makes it nicer for the people. They don't have to find a 7-11 to get one. ;D
what if 2 people are riding on 1 bike?
and are helmets required?
Yes helmet are required only one rider per bike unless bike is manufacted for two .
btw my daughter is riding solo if you need some one to ride on.
Trail Rules
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obey all user rules (see the handbook)
Everyone must wear a DOT, SNELL or other approved helmet and protective eyegear.
No passengers on any ATV unless the ATV is manufactured for the driver and one passenger.
No alcoholic beverages may be consumed or carried.
Obey all signs, gates, and barriers.
Stay on marked trails.
Only enter and exit the trail systems at a trailhead or town connector.
Do not enter a no trail, no entry or gated area.
Drive or ride at a speed reasonable for conditions.
ATV operators must meet manufacturers minimum age requirements.
Motorcycles and ATVs must have a properly functioning muffler and USFS approved spark arrestor.
Stop when signaled by a ranger.
Carry photo identification at all times.
Adult supervision is required for those under age 16.
Do not litter.
Display user permit on your person at all times.
No fires. No camping on the trails.
Trail system is open from sunrise to sunset.
ok grizz we have a solution, my mom said she did not want to go anyway because of the cold and my wife might have to work on friday so it looks like it will be just me and my dad, if my wife doesnt have to work she will come along with us. all she wants to do is ride to mcdonalds or a store on the quad, she thinks that is the coolest 8)
dont worry thrasher, we will still pay just as if our wives were there ;D
Great having you aboard
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS !
so it's something u carry in yer wallet and not a sticker on yer quad? (I like the sticker idea, this way i can load up my quad with stickers of the places i have ridden!).
H/M sells the stickers ;D If you fellers obey the H/M rules I'll give ya a sticker. Might be a smiley from Walmart or Sponge Bob from the hospital. :D j/k
Thanks Grizz for posting the rules.
Looks like a freaking blast!
We could get some burgers through the drive thru at Mc Donalds
Or maybe we get lucky one morning and see some snow on our bikes
Hey Grizz, your making all of us who long for the white stuff,(I grew up in central N.E., did most of my police career in Vermont) veeeeeery jealous. Wish we had the ability to go but not possible this T-Day. You all have a great time.
wish we had known. we just got back sat. spent a week up there. what a blast. we went last thanksgiving. had snow the last 2 days. the question was ask about sport quads, i have a 450r, my wife has a z400, and my son has a 400ex. as long as you stay away from the black trails you are good. grizz had a hill climb pic just up from twin hallow camp ground. 2nd try got me to the top.and if you want really great people to stay with go to browning fork trail house. lisa and marty are the best people you will find...........cold weather gear, and you will need it at www.extragear1.com we got really good priceing on snowmobile stuff from them. hope you guys have fun.............wish we could go back......... next year........
WOWA450RRRR,
Marty and I are glad you enjoyed yourselves again. The weather was really great when you were here. Hopefully, we will see you again next year.
Remember, the trails stay open 365 days a year. So for anyone planning a November or even December trip, our weather during this time is very unpredictible. So plan for cold weather and dress in layers. It is easier to take layers off than it is to be cold!!
I hope everyone has a great trip!
FOR RENT
We could stay in this beautiful log cabin with a great view.
With all the amenity of home
Grizzly Girl don't forget to flush? ;D
I am soooo ready to be there.
I just got my packet, (thanx 650Kawgirl), with the confirmation, a map of the BRowningFork trails (cool), and STICKERS! YAY! (does the happy dance).
grizz, we need yer headcount chart :D
We could get some real nice cool weather
find some nice mountain
QuoteI just got my packet, (thanx 650Kawgirl), with the confirmation, a map of the BRowningFork trails (cool), and STICKERS! YAY! (does the happy dance).
grizz, we need yer headcount chart :D
sweet ! it will be just me and my dad on this trip and still the other possibility , will know real soon on his status. i wont need ya to take my extra quad now ;)
ok cool. that will make it easier :/
hopefully the possibility is IN for the ride.
we went from 5 to possible 6 in the cabins to 3 maybe 4 ! whoops!
maybe i made the reservation too soon!
it's all good tho.
i'm so stoked! LETS GO ALREADY!
no were good on the reservations :D like i said we will still pay as if our wives were going and im hoping that we can leave tuesday night now that they are not going, ill let ya know on that part.
Trail head in Gilbert
Look at this beautiful trail
The snow produces some beautiful sites in the mountains and on the trails!!
The beauty of the white stuff
you know..after all this taunting me with these snow pix....there better be some when we get there!
Ok no more tease with snow pics.
People we rode with that was from Cocoa Beach Fl
and Mike Fox
OK so who else wants to go? 2 weeks and we will BE THERE!
A another picture of Hatfield McCoy to show what U guy's are missing out on.
Here is the Temperature for Gilbert West Virginia
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/25621?lswe=25621&lwsa=WeatherLo calUndeclared
uh oh...rain and snow showers predicted for wednesday and thursday next week!
I better find some new boots fast!
Wed
Nov 24 Rain / Snow 49°/35° 60 %
Thu
Nov 25 Scattered Snow Showers 49°/31° 40 %
I think we will have white Thankgiving
Temperature for the week
Printable Forecast Daytime High /
Overnight Low (°F) Precip.
Tonight
Sat
Nov 20 Showers 67°/50° 30 %
Sun
Nov 21 Showers 65°/45° 40 %
Mon
Nov 22 Few Showers 54°/34° 30 %
Tue
Nov 23 Rain / Snow Showers 49°/38° 30 %
Wed
Nov 24 Rain / Snow 49°/35° 60 %
Thu
Nov 25 Scattered Snow Showers 49°/31° 40 %
Last Updated November 16 10:15 PM ET
BRRRRRRR.. It is getting me cold just reading that forcast...
Good luck on your trip... bring us back a snowball ;D
More pictures of Hatfield McCoy.
[size=4 ]Let it snow let it snow let it snow[/size]
:) Are U guys ready for Hatfield McCoy ? 8)
I picked up some boots today, I am so ready now!
I have my boots on
The Grizz shoveling the snow
so what exactly is a snow shower?
slush falling fron the sky?
I think it's a snow cone or icy or some thing like that falling from the sky
LOL ;D
im ready and waiting so hurry up already ;D my puter is down so im at a freinds house till further notice
heh, after I get off work today, gonna blaze home, hookup the trailer, get everything loaded, and wait for tomorrow to show up. Goto work. Try my damnedest all day to get off work early.
call u after a bit, Dreth.
Guys I will be leaving tomorrow after my kids get out of school
4:30
see U guy's on the trails.
The Grizz
Thrasher I dont have your phone #
Dreth nextel does not work Gilbert W V (Hatfield McCoy)
sent ya a PM
I am just about all loaded ready to go....gonna drag the trailer to work and i leave town from there.
depending on when i get off.
i'm shooting for early.
I am about to walk out of the house to go to West Virginia and ride the trails of Hatfield McCoy I will be back sunday with a lot of pictures :) See U guy's there.
The Happy Grizz :D