So i'm driving home from walmart this morning down sr54. got the windows down cause its nice and cool out around 8 am. all of a sudden Bang!!! i get hit in the side of my head through the drivers side window. i was going around 55/60 mph. i'm thinking someone threw something at me but there was no one on the road. so for about 5 or 10 seconds i'm a little dizzy, stunned, whatever and trying to stay on the road. i realize there are feathers flying around the truck!!!
A bird flew into my head and hit the inside of my back window!!! And is still in my truck someplace. so i'm pulling feathers out of my ear and nose and mouth and i get to my house. the last time i felt a shot like that was in a fight!!!! so i open up the back door and there are feathers everywhere like a pillow exploded!! i move some of my tools out of the way and i see wings. ITS STILL ALIVE!!! i'm hoping its not a hawk cause its gonna be pretty pi..ed off. i start waving my hand near it and starts jumping around my truck. turns out to be a dove. it actually flew away once i got it out of the truck. no broken wings or anything. my head still hurts but man that had to be the funniest, weirdest thing that has happened to me in a long time!!!!!
WHATTTTTT!!!! thats weird as heck!
Thats freakin hilarious bro. You're lucky though because it could have obviously turned out a lot worse.
I'll betcha that Stupid bird watches where it's going much more carefully from now on.
bro its so funny now when i think of it but man i could've crashed so bad. big white flash then BANG. good thing it was the side of my head and not my eyes. there are so many feathers in my truck. i'm cracking up now thinking about it again. ;D
LOL I get to watch Birds Slam into my office windows a lot. They are reflective so they think it is the sky..LOL
Glad you are Ok
lmao thats some funny stuff lol wish i could have seen that. glad your ok could have been bad.
Wow! That's nuts. Glad you didn't wreck!
ahahah thats hilarious. i would be laughing if i was in the car behind you and see a random bird fly in.
pretty tough bird!!! ha ha ha. ;D
That made my day. ROFLMAO
sounds like u made somebody mad and they just flipped u the bird
Why do you have feathers all over you? What... ohh I got my a$s kicked by a bird earlier. :D
Thats funny right there, glad your safe. I hit a dove on the goped once......
you found the military's newest weapon. attack doves.
NYRaptor, glad your OK man,
Reminds of the 911 call about the guy who hit a deer, picked it up, put it in his back seat, & it came back alive & started bucking the dude in his car, he stoped & was caught in a phone booth, beibg attacked by dogs from the smell, & called 911 for a "bambulance"
Wish I knew how to post it, but you could probably hear it if you google search" 911 call, guy hits deer, phone booth"
or somthin like that.
Dude!
you just don't think the right way. If n that woulda happened to me. I would have at least had a nice pan fried dove breast for dinner. :X wrap that baby in a strip of bacon and fry it up, mmmm mmmmm good. :P
I hit a pheasant with my truck once on the way to my parents for X-mass. Now that was a good tasting bird. Road kill cafe is open. ;)
were you doing the Ace Ventura thing and driving with your head out the window?
I gotta tell people at work bout this.
Id@
So you got attacked by a Dove trying to get some head?? LOL Sorry, I had to do it!!
i just got that. ;D when i was driving before feathers were still flying out the windows!!!and i thought the other night was funny. i wish i could make this stuff up!!
this happened about a week ago, a palmetto bug flies into our family room. so my wife says, "shut the sliding glass door so it can't go in the kitchen". so she finds it and i hit it with my hand and splat. but it's still trying to run!!! so my wife says, "quick go get a knapkin and pick it up"!! so i turn around and
RUN RIGHT INTO THE CLOSED SLIDING GLASS DOOR!! BANG knocked myself back on to the floor. my wife(who is pregnant for twins) was laughing so hard i thought she was going to give birth!!. and that my friends is the life of NYRAPTOR. ;D
The word for that is Inyouwindow.
thats funny ...........birds have gotten stupid lately.........one smacked into the side window when we were on the interstate, and like slow motion with its head turned sideways, wings spreadeagle, it slid down and landed on the road narrowly missing being crushed by the dually wheels, and it evaded other vehicles and flew off again no doubt to plan its next stupid bird trick.....
congrats on the babies........our daughter is due Dec 29
thankyou and congrats to you also!
See this is why I always wear a full face motorcycle helmet whenever I go out in public. I even wear one in the shower, just to be on the safe side. (I know exactly what you're thinking...."How do you fit the shower cap under the helmet?"...well, that's my little secret that I don't care to divulge..let's just say it took years of practice)
Was Tippi Hedren in the car with you? (Obscure Alfred Hitchock Reference Alert)
Back when I had my Harley, I was riding down Krome and a dove hit me right in the chest. Hurt like hell. I was pretty lucky that it didn't hit a little lower, right in the sola plexus. It would have knocked the wind out of me big time. That dove didn't fair too well, though. The bike behind me ran over it when it landed on the pavement right in front of him. Oooops!
man it was crazy enough in my truck, i can't imagine being on a bike and getting hit!!!!!
ever seen someone dive off their quad while going 25mph when they hit a banana spider?
it's just about as funny ;-)
Id@
How bout when the web itself pull's ya off? :o
or crash into a fence. oops did i do that? :N
Quote from: gtnwood on September 29, 2007, 09:16:51 PM
How bout when the web itself pull's ya off? :o
well, what I didn't mention about that story is that the web pulled me slightly back,,,,,then a couple minutes later the dang spider comes crawling from the back of my helmet and pretty much covers my vision when he's crawling over my goggles.
I went one way, the helmet went another, and the quad kept on truckin down the trail ;-)
Id@