Saturday, 10/6/07 is Round 5 of the Thunderbowl Maximum TT Series.
This race will be a "double points" race for the series.
There will be an Adult Mini Quad race that may just have a few surprises... ;)
There will be a knobby tire class
Gates open@ 1pm
Practice @ 3pm
Racing @ 5pm
I apologize for my inexperience, but knobby class means I can bring my stock LTR450 to race? What safety gear/features do I need to race there? Thanks.
Andy
Yes, your stock LTR450 will be fine.
You will need a helmet, gloves, long sleeves, and shoes/boots that cover the ankle. A chest protector is recommended, but not required.
A killswitch probably wouldnt hurt either!
i just may have to pull my ol slow 4fiddy out and knock the dust and spider webs off of it for dis one ;)
i dont even know if it still runs haha
Bring it out. We'll be happy to blow the dust off it for you. ;D
Quote from: LT-R450ApK on September 25, 2007, 06:44:27 PM
i just may have to pull my ol slow 4fiddy out and knock the dust and spider webs off of it for dis one ;)
i dont even know if it still runs haha
holy crap he's alive
The Micro Sprints of Florida will be racing also.
Did i mention it started first kick? did i jus say kick, ha never thought i would be saying that 8)
Quote from: LT-R450ApK on September 27, 2007, 09:58:54 PM
Did i mention it started first kick? did i jus say kick, ha never thought i would be saying that 8)
Kick. um lucie you have some splaining to do my friend. you don't call you don't write. I see you go in hiding on some secret project. It's all good
Hey Scooter,
Good to see you are still alive brotha! Derek is going to try out the TT racing in the Open and I am going to give the Vet class a go as well on the 6th
We also have a mini quad to represent in the Mini quad race so it should be a blast.
.....see you there bro, Get it rag!!
Vet class huh ? Well I`ll have to make sure the zuki gets dialed in this weekend so I can give you a proper greeting to the fat and old class. :d
Running around in last place is not really a "proper greeting" is it?
No. Thats why I have to do it and not you chubs. 8)
Hey Quad...
(http://www.websophist.com/cat-flip-bird.gif)
The "fat and Old class"?............ I prefer, "seasoned" race class.
I guess we'll see how it all plays out there, Its been a LONG time since I left the ground on a quad so well have to see if I need to run Vet light class in TT...LOL.
I have some questions since this will be my first visit:
1) Does the $25.00 cost to enter cover gate admission, if not how much is it?
2) What is the gate fee for a spectator? Adult and a 8 year old
3) Since I am bringing an RV is there a fee to park? Is there hook ups?
4) Is this just a flat track or are there other things/events there?
5) If there are other events can you stay the night in the RV where I park?
6) What other events (motocross track, trails, etc)?
I am sorry for the ??'s but the website for Thunderbowl Speedway is down
I have some questions since this will be my first visit:
1) Does the $25.00 cost to enter cover gate admission, if not how much is it?
No. It is $25.00 per class to race only. The gate fee is $7.00 per person.
2) What is the gate fee for a spectator? Adult and a 8 year old
Gate fee is $7.00 per person. Children under 7 are free.
3) Since I am bringing an RV is there a fee to park? Is there hook ups?
You are welcome to stay. No fee to stay overnight. No RV hookups. There are on site bathrooms, but no showers.
4) Is this just a flat track or are there other things/events there?
The race on the 6th will be a TT race. There will be no Flat Track racing that night, except for the sprint cars.
5) If there are other events can you stay the night in the RV where I park?
As stated above, you are welcome to stay the night.
6) What other events (motocross track, trails, etc)?
Sunday the 7th we will have Mud Bog races for trucks and ATV's. Hard Rock Cycle Park is next door which has several MX tracks and trails. I am not sure of their rates, but I beleive it's $25.00 per day to ride there.
I am sorry for the ??'s but the website for Thunderbowl Speedway is down
Yes, the website is down. The webmaster has vanished off the face of the earth I guess. It is being re-done and should be back up soon. Please feel free to call me @ 352-266-3466, or Rick Dugan @ 352-266-1961 if you have any questions.
Thanks
Ok, so whats the address?
I think I found it:
7197 NW Gainesville Road, Ocala, FL
is this right, if so then we get off on HWY 326 then go east to NW Gainesville Road then go south.
Thats it jayman. ;)
Sorry, I have another question:
Is this cash only or do they take debit/credit cards?
Jay,
If you find a circle track that takes cards.... let me know as it would be a first... :)
Quote from: jayman on October 02, 2007, 08:02:29 PM
Sorry, I have another question:
Is this cash only or do they take debit/credit cards?
No, it's cash. No credit cards. There's ATM's at all the truck stops by the interstate.
I take credit cards...how much do ya wanna spend? ;D
As much as you can run in one batch ;D
How about I take it back at the race though!!
I hope its a big turn out. Hopefully my motor will last me one more race. I have a feeling its going to let go this weekend though!
I will be there and hopefully to bring in that first place trophy agian for the youth class. :)
All I know is the weather tomorrow had better be nicer then it has been today, this rain sux! :(
How is the wether and what does the track look like
The track got some rain this afternoon. We will begin drying it out in the morning. If anyone wants updates on weather or track conditions in the morning, please call me at 352-266-3466.
Here are the race results from this past weekends race.
PEE WEE BIKE
1st- #22, Brian Maurer Jr.
2nd- #6, Merritt Webb
PEE WEE QUAD
50cc Quad
1st- #6, Merritt Webb
Little Merrit Webb ran with the bigger quads, and hung right with them on the lead lap on her little 50.
90cc Quad
1st- #8, Makayla Greene- Apex
2nd- #5, Harry Elliot- Honda TRX90
3rd- #96, Aleshia Cabana- Raptor 90
YOUTH QUAD
1st- #82, Christian Jankun- Suzuki Z400
2nd- #92, Jon Cabana- Yamaha Blaster
3rd- #96, Chad Dugan- Yamaha Blaster
NOVICE QUAD
1st- #26, John Dugan- Yamaha YFZ450
2nd- #27, Paige Cowell- Yamaha YFZ450
3rd- #72, Lisa Cabana- Yamaha YFZ450
INTERMEDIATE QUAD
1st- #2, Zach Jacobson- Yamaha YFZ450
2nd- #122, Dale Wright- Yamaha YFZ450
VET QUAD
1st- #11, John Main- Yamaha YFZ450
2nd- #6, Justin Bucklew- Suzuki LTR450
3rd- #111, Ken Elliot- Kawasaki KFX400
OPEN QUAD
1st- #8, Gary Sisson, Suzuki LTR450
2nd- #2, Zach Jacobson, Yamaha YFZ450
3rd- #5x, Derek Browning, Honda 250R
Well after a weekend of crappy weather we still managed to have a good race on a decent track. Thanks to everyone for their patience while we worked to dry the track out.
How are the knobbys listed?
Hmmmmm.... The knobby class isn't on my score sheet for some reason? There were 4 of them, although one broke down before the race.
I'll get their results and add them to the list.
The knobby class did really well. Even with as wet as the track was, they really had no affect on the racing surface, which was my main concern. We will hopefully be able to run knobby classes for TT and flat track from now on.
I will try to make the November 3 race.
Knobby Race Results:
1st: Jimmie Kent
2nd: Dale Wright
3rd: Mike Lambert
Well, there ya go...
Thanks Jennifer
So it looks like a new piston and valves for me.
Get that Honda fixed boy ! I enjoyed the win sunday in the knobby class , thank's agian for running the event Brady. What is the photographer's website and are there any pic's from that night.
Quote from: JIMDAWG on October 10, 2007, 05:51:36 PM
Get that Honda fixed boy ! I enjoyed the win sunday in the knobby class , thank's agian for running the event Brady. What is the photographer's website and are there any pic's from that night.
Do not get used to it!!!! ;)
I was packed and ready for Saturday but Sunday just was too late for me. I should be there next month.
Jimdawg what kind of quad do you have
I thought I was gonna have something for ya. My right front tire went flat in the last race. I probably wouldn't have got second place if the other guy didn't spin
2006 LTR 450 , IS there any other type LOL !
Wow, then I do have some competition.......
Will you be there next month?
Yeah I'm going to try to be there ! I'm trying to get some american racer's and my lowering kit from crj.
Are you going to run in the knobby class as well?
I heard Brady say there Is a flat track race Oct. 20th (KNOBBIES) Probably so!
I will be in Ocala (Big Scrub) for my b-day weekend. I will not be able to make it in October. I will try my best to be there on November 3. I hope that you will be in the knobby class so I have some competition. ;D
Cool man ! Well have fun out there and don't get any of that 500.00 mud on your quad. LOL
Ok, no mud for me. That gets expensive!!!
We just bought a new Raptor.................
5th Wheel that is, so we are trying to get our $ worth out of it
How do you list your bikes on the bottom
Go in to the profile area listed in the gray bar on top then signature. You can list it in there.
Jimdawg, Justin said your to afraid to run the Vet class. ;)
Hey 450r91, That green tape that adds 10hp, bring some to the next TT race, Iknow a white LTR450 with red numberplates could use all the help he can get. :o
I guess we will find out ! LOL I heard Justin Invested in some 200mph tape. Let him know the pink tape get's ya around 25 hp.
I hear ya, pink uhh, thats his favorite color. :D
Quote from: jayman on October 10, 2007, 06:12:51 PM
Wow, then I do have some competition.......
Will you be there next month?
I might have to run the knobby class and give you boys some comp.
I dont know! That damn tape is expensive and hard to come by. Hell you saw what the tape did to my bike. I couldnt hold all the power so it blew up.