does anybody know of an atv shop or mechanic to take my bike other then the dealer? i wont to get the valves adjusted and it seems a little complicated but I kind of dont trust the dealers. I live in pompano beach
listen if you have a 6mm allen key, 10mm wrench, needle nose pliers, and a set of feeler gauges its cake. i do mine every time i change the oil!!! you will also need a 10mm socket, ratchet, and a 19mm socket (to turn motor to TDC) here is a step-by-step guide....
http://www.raptortranny.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=41
thanks tony i just added that to my favorites. ;D
Excellent site. I have an 06 Raptor which is due a valve adjustment and I've been dredding taking it back to the dealer. Thanks for the post.
I also have an 06 Suzuki Vinson. Do you know of a similar site for it?
ya know i dont. :( i heard of that site (www.raptortranny.com) through www.raptorforum.com . i have used both DIY posts. OneWay Starter replacement and Valve adjustment!! they are spot on follow it step by step and your good to go.... make sure you put the woodruff key back in when you do the OneWay. Trust me it is no fun to take it all back apart to do it again!!