who wants to go next week? kb? buzzardman? mr. bones? anyone else that lives close and wants to go on a week day?
I'll skip school and go as long as someone supplies me with a "rental" for the day ;)
I'l make it a point to get my lazy butt off my couch and get my sproket replaced. ;) Just pick a day next week and I'm there. Gotta love working for yourself. THAT'S IT, I'M FIRED. :D
Buzzardman, call O.A.S. Powersports (bike shop at the front gate to Croom) they might have your sprocket in stock if it makes it any easier.
I know the place has changed since Doc left but they do stock a lot of parts.
Quote from: KB on September 11, 2007, 11:32:37 PM
Buzzardman, call O.A.S. Powersports (bike shop at the front gate to Croom) they might have your sprocket in stock if it makes it any easier.
I know the place has changed since Doc left but they do stock a lot of parts.
I would like to go just to meet some new people & put some faces w/ names, even if we don't ride much, we can park wherever but I usually park way in the back (like the last parking area)
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 11, 2007, 09:51:08 PM
I'll skip school and go as long as someone supplies me with a "rental" for the day ;)
can't be skippin school, SCHOOL IS COOL !
besides that wouldnt look to good on the news "kid skips school to go ride at croom & borrows an ATV from an adult & gets hurt",
J/K, but school comes first bro, you can play now & pay later, or pay now & play later, the choice is yours.
School will be over so quick you'll be on myspace tryin to find your old friends before you know it.
I'd like to go, but I have no sticker for there, and am trying to save money for a trip to Kentucky.
Id@
i agree with kb, stay in school bro and it will PAY off!!!!
also i would like to meet some more people from this site.
so far its me, buzz, and kb. ATVTRAILER are you in? i think you have school too. MR. BONES, are you in? LMK? DA MTG MAN? IDA?
I'm in, can't wait! haven't been riding for a while.
anyone that can take a day off for some fun in the sun, DO IT. I'm all for parking in the back. the trails back there are sweet. clay we can pack up my truck.
c'mon ida, kentucky's not going anywhere. it would be nice to meet ya. DO IT DO IT.
MR. BONES? i'll have to call him. he doesn't read my stupid posts. ha ha ha ha.
da mtg man? DO IT DO IT
rebell DON'T DO IT
I think if I got a sticker, I'd put a magnetic back on it so I could move it to another quad ;-)
shhhhh don't tell the green truckers ;-)
Id@
so your going? excellent!!!!!!!!!
SCHOOL SUCKS!
[/end] ;D
I would go, but I can't run that fast. My new qaud purchase is still on hold.
Just a warning! I like slower type trail riding. I'm sort of afraid of the kx powerband ??? It all fun and games till you mis work because you skipped the day before, went riding, and hurt yourself. :(
I'l be able to dig up a sproket by next week. I have seen that shop in front of croom but I've never been in. Chance are they wouldnt have a sproket for a 1986 kx :P but I think I have a spare laying around somewhere. I wouldn't need one except on the new kx's maiden voyage this dummy didn't shim the rear wheel correctly and the chain guard chewed up the sproket. OOOOPS :-\
Johnny, you wanna load my bike in your truck? I don't know if your quad and my bike would fit but we could give it a shot. I'l split the gas with ya then.
Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 12, 2007, 12:21:42 AM
I think if I got a sticker, I'd put a magnetic back on it so I could move it to another quad ;-)
shhhhh don't tell the green truckers ;-)
Id@
they peal off and stick back on easy enough ;)
I'll be there Thursday 8)
some folk can't miss work that easy lol. im trying to go thsi saturday but want beable to go next week
It's definitely much better during the week if you can ever take the day off from work. not crowded. you basically have the place to yourself.
Cant make it next week ........Im off Friday but headed to L-Cross
I can get week days off almost any time
Keep me posted on the week day rides
I wana see Able on the new 450
It's a scary thing ;) on Thursdays I don't take the 450 anyway. I just go to let my son ride. I take my daughter's 80 to put around behind him to make sure he doesn't get hurt
sounds good to me clay. i was thinking midweek like wed? thursday could work too. i knew i'd have to call mr. bones!!! :N i'll call him monday.
I'm still willing to sacrifice my education for the good of Croom fun. :)
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM
I'm still willing to sacrifice my education for the good of Croom fun. :)
Gotta go to school or I will roost so much dirt in your eyes you'd wish you was there, (j/k)
I'm good for Thursday.
Quote from: KB on September 13, 2007, 12:56:27 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM
I'm still willing to sacrifice my education for the good of Croom fun. :)
Gotta go to school or I will roost so much dirt in your eyes you'd wish you was there, (j/k)
I'm good for Thursday.
I offer to sacrifice my education, and this is the thanks I get. ::)
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 01:14:54 AM
Quote from: KB on September 13, 2007, 12:56:27 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM
I'm still willing to sacrifice my education for the good of Croom fun. :)
Gotta go to school or I will roost so much dirt in your eyes you'd wish you was there, (j/k)
I'm good for Thursday.
I offer to sacrifice my education, and this is the thanks I get. ::)
If you're willing to sacrifice your education then it's what you deserve
no problem rebel, if you show up at croom I'l school ya. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: KB on September 13, 2007, 12:56:27 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM
I'm still willing to sacrifice my education for the good of Croom fun. :)
Gotta go to school or I will roost so much dirt in your eyes you'd wish you was there, (j/k)
Trust me, he ain't lying. I am still picking mud out of my ears. ;)
how about you jack, you in? c'mon!!!
kb, can you shoot for wed? looks like thats the best day for me and buzzardman. going to call mr.bones tonight and see if he can go.
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 13, 2007, 11:27:07 AM
how about you jack, you in? c'mon!!!
kb, can you shoot for wed? looks like thats the best day for me and buzzardman. going to call mr.bones tonight and see if he can go.
With all the big names signing on, I am going to see what I can do. What and how much do I need for the bike?
Wed. should be OK for me.
Jack, all they want is your V.I.N. & $50.00 for a sticker, they don't even come out of there gaurd shack to check your #'s,
you can tell them 123456789 & get a sticker, it's crazy.
Quote from: Able on September 13, 2007, 02:49:18 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 01:14:54 AM
Quote from: KB on September 13, 2007, 12:56:27 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM
I'm still willing to sacrifice my education for the good of Croom fun. :)
Gotta go to school or I will roost so much dirt in your eyes you'd wish you was there, (j/k)
I'm good for Thursday.
I offer to sacrifice my education, and this is the thanks I get. ::)
If you're willing to sacrifice your education then it's what you deserve
:Clap.gif
Id@
ok so wed it is!!! can't wait!!! if anyone can go please go. i'd like to get there early cause i need a new sticker. jack, are you still in? this is going to be a blast. still haven't called brady yet. been so busy working thank god. ida? da mtg man?
Quote from: Able on September 13, 2007, 02:49:18 AM
If you're willing to sacrifice your education then it's what you deserve
I don't think one day will hurt ;)
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 12, 2007, 01:44:08 AM
I would go, but I can't run that fast. My new qaud purchase is still on hold.
Chino, if you wanna go I'm bringin my Banshee & YFZ, you can ride whichever, you run into a tree you pay for it.
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 13, 2007, 11:27:07 AM
how about you jack, you in? c'mon!!!
kb, can you shoot for wed? looks like thats the best day for me and buzzardman. going to call mr.bones tonight and see if he can go.
Jack if you wanna get up here the day or night before you can stay at my house if you want, the place is empty.(I think your working though)
I'm good for early Wednesday, anytime, it's about 45 min. from my house.
Everyone else, I look forward to meeting you.
alrighty! So when I assembled the KX after fixen er up, there was two spacers for the rear wheel. one big and one small. I had them reversed so the sproket was rubbing the chain guide. And that is how I roached the sproket. :'( Feelin kinda dumb right now. But, I have the new one on and tweeked everything else so I'm good to go! Oh and yes, I rode it with the spacers backwards for about five hours last weekend. :bow.gif
But at least there was gas in it eeh Johnny. :Clap.gif
i will make sure the rappy has gas. i have gas. it smells bad
sorry, Wed is a work day, and I skipped this week due to sickness.
Id@
what day are you all planning on going i mihgt have a day off next week
Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 15, 2007, 08:24:36 PM
sorry, Wed is a work day, and I skipped this week due to sickness.
Id@
Id@, hope your feelin better.
Quote from: dj_pizzim on September 16, 2007, 06:35:18 PM
what day are you all planning on going i mihgt have a day off next week
Goin Wed. AM I think, NYRaptor, BuzzardMan, & me.
If you can't make it theres always the MotoPlex camping the last weekend of this month (28-30)
& again for Halloween in October.
Pizzum, that place is awesome !
A.M. is perfect. get there early before it gets too hot. i'm not sure if buzz has to drop off his son first at school. if so we should be there by 9:30.
well, somthing came up and unless it changes, I can't make it. :'(
If my new job didn't start tommorrow I would be all for it. Have fun guys!
I am planning on going to Croom on Wednesday. Do you guys mind if I join you?
I wish I could make it guys. But the wife is working and I got the two kids. Well, one kid actually the other one finally started kindergarden. I'll try and make the next one.
I'm still good for Wed. 8)
i'm still in. i might goto the front pit first early in the morning. what do you guys think? shooting for 9:30am maybe earlier.
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 18, 2007, 12:08:06 AM
i'm still in. i might goto the front pit first early in the morning. what do you guys think? shooting for 9:30am maybe earlier.
sounds good. I'll be in a '05 dark grey silverado crew cab 4x4, w/ a white 12' enclosed cargo trailer, see ya there.
I'll be in a blue crew cab chevy 4X4. I'll be there early are you guys starting out at the front pit?
i think so. thats where i'd like to start.
I'm still solid,
Only ting is I need to get some gas from Elite on Gunn. HWY. they open at 9 (I'll be there at 9 to get fuel, hopefully be at Croom by 10-11, at the latest.
I'm goin back in the garage now to finish gettin ready.
O.A.S. was sellin 110 but don't think they do anymore ?
Sunoco buy my house on D.Mabry has 100 , but I need 110.
Not sure what time United Speed World open's ?
I heard there was someone on this site (Ware Brothers) in Zephyrhills selling gas but don't know what time they open.
(be glad to give them the business though)
Anyway, I'll see you in the morning. (if anything I'll just run my Banshee, it runs on 93)
Ohh kay, whos pickin me up to skipp? :Hug.gif
we'll call you from the road kb. what are you running 110 in, don garlets dragster? :P some one bring a camera!!!!
It looks pretty nasty out there on the radar. Looks like it's gonna hang around all day. You guys still going?
I just talked to NYraptor on the phone, he's 1/2 way there, radar does look like it's gonna be a wet one.
As soon as i get my stuff together,if it's not poring, I'm gonna head up, just to meet him,& i don't wanna be a no show, wish i coulda gotta hold of him before he left his house, bt he's almost there already, said he'll be around by the front.
I'll still go, not as early as I planned, like always, but it would be nice to meet him, i could always stop at O.A.S. for some oil or somethin, maybe do a couple rides between the rain 7 hang out under the shelter.
We'll see, talk to ya later.
not too bad today at croom. the rain held off for a little while. ran into a big spider :P. hit me right in the chest. then i got lost for a while. was actually fun though. found 75 and headed south back to my truck. then it started raining pretty hard and i was having trouble seeing through my goggles. then i realized i was the only person there!!! kinda creepy!! i called KB and he was not having a good morning. i'll let him tell that story. john
Ya, Wed. morning was a bad one.
The night before I tried getting my stuff together(change oil in YFZ,load up the trailer) then I got tired & said I'll just finish when I wake up, well I woke up Wed. morn. & couldn't find my cell phone, finally found it outside on the trailer fender all wet, not from rain, just dew, battery was dead on it, had to mess w/ it to take a charge & power up. Finally got phone working,& at the same time I noticed I can't find my little black rock(about size of a quarter) my mom brought me from Tahiti from the beach where she sprinkled my dads ashes, the beaches are black sand there(volcano), thats why the rock is black, kinda a sentimental thing to me & always keep it in my pocket,& I wasn't about to go riding without it, but this is like the 4th time I lost it, so I'm tearin the house apart lookin for it, my 2 employees get to my house for work, they help me look for it & my one helper found it in the couch cushion.
I need to drill a hole thru it & put it on my key chain or sometin, I always keep it in my pocket though,especially when I'm riding.
So now I'm feelin good again, gave the guys there work order's, they left for work & I'm goin ridin. Yaa ;)
Well as I'm backin up the truck to the trailer I get a call from my employee, he said "Kelly, I just got in a wreck", I couldn't believe it,
asked if he & everybody was OK, they were, asked what happened, he said "I rear-ended some lady", so now I'm pissed >:( but tryin to stay cool & said I'll be there in a minute,get there & theres 5 vehicles involved, the lady in front of my van slammed on her brakes & hit the car in front of her, then my employee ran into back of her, the lady in front of my van was ticketed & my driver was ticketed.
I got names of a couple witnesses that seen it happen & one said she would not have a prob. goin to court w/ me or my driver if she had too.
When SOME people get in a wreck with a company car/truck they automatically think $$$,
I'm glad I have 50/100 coverage & kept collision on my van even though it's paid for & didn't have too.
Coulda always been worse, my employee feels like crap for wreckin my van, I told him not to worry about it, it was an accident, I have insurance, don't sweat it (I would feel the same way though).
The trooper that gave the ticket,after everybody left, gave my driver some info. on how to beat the ticket, & he said IMHO the lady in front of my driver is who caused the accident, she was running late to a job interview, he said in her mind she was already thinking about the interview & is who caused the wreck.
One thing I noticed, out of all 5 cars my driver was the only male driver, not to sound chauvinistic or anything, but had me thinkin how many where on there phone or where puttin on makeup ?
I know my driver shoulda & I always tell him to leave a cushion between the car in front of you.
Sh!t happens what can you do, it is what it is, I have good insurance,nothing really to worry about.
Just glad nobody was seriously hurt.
Sorry for being a "no show" NYRaptor, there will be other times.
Everything happens for a reason, maybe this little accident will make my driver more alert in the future, same thing mighta happened to me, who nows.
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 20, 2007, 12:03:26 AM
not too bad today at croom. the rain held off for a little while. ran into a big spider :P. hit me right in the chest. then i got lost for a while. was actually fun though. found 75 and headed south back to my truck. then it started raining pretty hard and i was having trouble seeing through my goggles. then i realized i was the only person there!!! kinda creepy!! i called KB and he was not having a good morning. i'll let him tell that story. john
Only one there huh? Who could you have taken to make sure this problem wouldn't happen.
Sheesh, adults and their "education" lectures. I hope you learned something. ::)
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 20, 2007, 10:47:30 PM
Only one there huh? Who could you have taken to make sure this problem wouldn't happen.
Sheesh, adults and their "education" lectures. I hope you learned something. ::)
LMAO, thats funny.