How many Sport quads are going up to the Rodman Trail ride IV....Im going with 2 banshee's a 450r 400ex z400 warrior and a blaster.....Im asking because I notice alot of 4X4 guys going and i dont see alot of sport quads and I think it would be kool if all the 4X4's go in one group and the sport quads in another....Just an idea i guess :-/
my brother and i are going. that will make 2 more sport bikes... 8)
cool what bikes you takeing??? see i think it would be better this way...mabeay the sport bike up front since more then likely we will be going faster then the 4x4 guys??? i thin its a good plan... :-/
this will be my first group ride so i'm just kinda going with the flow. He's got a 300 and a 450r. I can't wait to go ;D
Good advise. Just go with the flow. I can tell you that most of the Utes will hang with the sport quads. Not to mention JJames and Griz (both Utes) know the trails better than anyone.
oh ok thats kool i just never bin on a rodman ride b4 so i dont know at what pase you guys move at...and i know me and a few other sport quads will be itching to speed up on the trails and drift a few corners...
I have 3 sport quads...
And like it was said above you better be on the throttle to keep up with grizz and JJames.. those boys can rock and roll threw the trails...
kool i hope so because i really boogie on the trails..ive bent one of my rear rims and broke a chain before due to going to fast on trails and not being able to get away from big rocks......
il be on a 400ex sport, but i dont go fast on trails yet :-/
QuoteI have 3 sport quads...
And like it was said above you better be on the throttle to keep up with grizz and JJames.. those boys can rock and roll threw the trails...
jjames and grizz are fast for utilitiy riders and if not they will direct you in the right direction and tell you where to stop. they were awsome leaders on the 3rd ride. i plan on riding at the groups pace on the way to the store and rippin it up on the way back so maybe we can get a fast crew together and someone that knows the trails to lead us back so we dont dust out the rest ;D. i know on a few of the trails on the way back i was in 5th gear wide open(upper 70 mphs range)and people not to far behind
there will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D
Quotethere will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D
well I have a sport/ute bike depending on how you look at it and I hang out in the pit with the crazies...aka scooter..lol just kidding scooter. I actually have more fun that way cause you can come back and get a drink from the trucks sit down and relax then hit a differant trail.
Me and my husband both have sport quads and we will be going. He has a blaster and I have a trailblazer.
i think its close to 50-50 sport vs utility. i really think if you pay attention you will be able to follow our tracks all the way back
Jeff may be on a utility quad, but he rides it like a sport ;-)
I got a post quad, but I don't go over about 35mph on the trails.
Id@
QuoteMe and my husband both have sport quads and we will be going. He has a blaster and I have a trailblazer.
are you bringing littlegirlieblazer?
jeff
if i can go ill probrel be on a sport atv or a dirt bike and ill have another kid coming whit 3 dirt bikes and a kid a lt 125 and a lt 80 and a my friends old mans banshee
Quoteare you bringing littlegirlieblazer?
jeff
We don't know yet, it is still up in the air.
ill be there with my kids, we have a ds650 baja and a kfx400
lets ride!!!! 8)
Quotethere will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D
I dont know what your talkin bout.... ;D
gas hog 330R. :-/....My family and I will be there and will hang in the pit area because we will have the little ones also.
QuoteI dont know what your talkin bout.... ;D
gas hog 330R. :-/....My family and I will be there and will hang in the pit area because we will have the little ones also.
i guess we need to get another picture of you dusting the big bore quads. ;)
jeff
I'll be there on the dvx and a friend on a yfz for sure.....possibly a z400 and a 400ex also. never been but I plan on having fun one way or the other.....be it the pits or the trails....we'll have to see what catches my attention when I get there Friday lol. CANT WAIT!!!
QuoteI dont know what your talkin bout.... ;D
gas hog 330R. :-/....My family and I will be there and will hang in the pit area because we will have the little ones also.
Hey I have been right there with ya on the gas issue. That situation will be improving (slightly) for me very shortly though. ;D
We will be there and hangin in the pit. Incase anyone doesn't know , We have 2 R's , Yellow #36 and Red #117.
We just came back today from miami.Well Hollywood that is. Pines Blvd and 75. We have never been to Rodman but will probably go this time.I ride a DS650 and my brother and his neighbor ride a Predator and a 400 ex. We try not to ride back in the dust but when riding with banshees,sometimes we have no choice. Depending on the mods that is. It does sound more interesting though knowing there will be alot of sport quads.I dont plan on doing the whole 35 mile one way though.
Hopefully if I get my vacation time approved I will be bringing my banshee!!! But if I do get to come I will probably be staying in the pits and going on small trail rides because I will have my g/f with me and she doesnt have a anything to ride :-/
Quote.. I will have my g/f with me and she doesnt have a anything to ride :-/
Is your girlfriend the girl on the avatar.... becuase i would be more than happy to let here ride my quad or just with me so you can ride by yourself ;D ;D [smiley=Wink.gif]
[smiley=Wink.gif]J/k
Quotei guess we need to get another picture of you dusting the big bore quads. ;)
jeff
Ya the old girl still runs strong.. ;) Maybe I can get lucky again ;D
QuoteYa the old girl still runs strong.. ;) Maybe I can get lucky again ;D
who has a big bore quad i thought he was on one of the 3 there all the big bores was R's
Quotewho has a big bore quad i thought he was on one of the 3 there all the big bores was R's
??? you askin me? Im not sure who has a 4 stroke big bore. They dont need big bores there fast enough with out one ;)
Lets not forget to bring some shovels to make a jump and we can make a small track or something like that. Us sport quad guys like to race.... ;D
QuoteLets not forget to bring some shovels to make a jump and we can make a small track or something like that. Us sport quad guys like to race.... ;D
thats on my list of things to bring "shovel"
QuoteIs your girlfriend the girl on the avatar.... becuase i would be more than happy to let here ride my quad or just with me so you can ride by yourself ;D ;D [smiley=Wink.gif]
[smiley=Wink.gif]J/k
your just offering to help out a friend, right? ;)
jeff
Quoteyour just offering to help out a friend, right? ;)
jeff
of course
(http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/tongue/crazy3.gif)
(http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif)
ILL BE THERE WITH MY DVX, MY BUDS 300EX, AND MY DAUGHTERS LT250E. HAVE RIDDEN ONF SEVRAL TIMES AND I SUGGEST IF YOUVE NEVER BEEN YOU MIGHT STICK WITH THE GROUP ITS EASY TO GET LOST.
No that is not my girlfriend in the avatar. Besides you wouldnt want to let my girlfriend ride your quad she would school you in how to ride a quad!! ;)
my wife and mom are not riding so i can blaze it up ;D
i would like to get on one of these fast rides while i am up there
cool what kind of quad do you have you can take mines for a spin its a blaster but lol youll be very surprised a piped banshee is a toy for me and thats being totaly honest
If anyone has a big tire or something we could drag it around the pit to smooth out a track put up some cones for turn markers and have a goood ole time . If you have never been there the locals party on fri night and the big 4x4 leave some serious ruts . My son and I went out early one morn after a good wind storm an the pit was as smooth as I have ever seen it . Man it was nice .
we could use a huge long trunk of wood and use 2 quads to pull it around to smooth out the pit one quad on each end. I think a tire would take to long to smooth out
There is enough room to make a real big track . Maybe we could get some kind of endurance race for an hour or so . I've never done it but it would be cool . Possibly 2 quad teams .
Sounds like a plan to me... why not just bring out a big piece of chain link fence and a few cinder blocks? They are easily portable and we can still tie it behind 2+ quads and get the pit smoothed out in no time :)
Sounds good . Lets get some input from some other people on what kind of race to set up . endurance , endurance relay , flat out etc . Probably even do some drags . I cant wait .
well my bike is a drag bike really but i guess i can play in an endurance game. well my cousin is takeing his 450r so im shure he will love to join as well.
if anyone,,,,cough cough Scoot cough cough, has a nice 4X4 to drag a trailer around the pit,,,,just let the tailgate down on my trailer and drag it around,,,,,the trailer is wide enough to fit a quad sideways and so is the gate.
Id@
I might be able to find an Arctic Cat 65o 8)
sweet sounds like a nice plan
Ill have the Rancher 4x4 there as well... ;)
trailer weighs 700#'s, not sure a quad would be good enough to haul it around, but a good 4X4 would for sure.
Id@
I got an 86 full size blazer 4x4 that would pull it. It's white and I'll have a ds650 and a scrambler 400 on the trailer.If you see me stop me and we can give it a try. Also,weve never been to Rodman,is there a place to camp close to where everyone meets and if we get there friday will we be able to find a spot?
You can camp at delancy " 8 or 9 mi or so south of rodman on 19 " I know a few decent trails . If some people want to cruise afterwards .
You can camp at rodman " they have a phone number " I bet if we showed our numbers at the campground , I know a couple of people " greenways " maybe after a bit they would offer people like us a trail to the end of the road " If we behaved ourselves . $ ::)
You cant ride from the campsite at rodman ,,, Can you????
Not right now bit if we handled it properly it would be in their best interest to make it possible .
I had an idea , I wonder who's big utility could pull a trailer the farthest ? We could always just add people. The pit could take its toll . Other places do all this stuff and charge for it , Lets see what we can do for free .People can jump on the trailer at given intervals .
ooooh...sounds like fun!
QuoteNot right now bit if we handled it properly it would be in their best interest to make it possible .
I had an idea , I wonder who's big utility could pull a trailer the farthest ? We could always just add people. The pit could take its toll . Other places do all this stuff and charge for it , Lets see what we can do for free .People can jump on the trailer at given intervals .
lol.... Quad pulls.. Instead of Tractor pulls.
Tug of war ?
QUAD PULLS!!!!
can I get a hell yeah!!!
line up people in the pit at various intervals to jump on the trailer, and see how far you can get.
oh yeah
Id@
yea i allready sugested the idea of a tug of war in the rodman trail ride thread. lets see how that plays out. That would be pretty cool to watch. ;D
Myybe some kind of race for the mini's .Nascar style ;)
Is anyone going to camp at Rodman Campground Friday and Sat nite? I have thought about doing that but have not made up my mind yet. Do they take reservations at Rodman Camp for tent camping?
I think it's first come first serve . But dont quote me on it .
there is primitive camping and plenty of space available over by my place.
There are campgrounds on the SouthEast corner about a half mile from the intersection of 88 and 314, and about a 5 minute quad-ride through the woods is my place where some people will be camping with a restroom, shower, cable tv, two refrigerators, oven, stove, microwave.
come one, come all,,,,just want to be able to fit everyone in the yard, so I hope a few people use the campgrounds instead of the front yard.
Id@
ps: I'll post this in another thread as well.
I may have to take up on that..camping at Camp Ida's...
I'm still debating lake delancey tho too..and just ride up to rodman from there.
ill be leaving from rodman from sarasota. if there is anybody else leaving from around my way id appreciate it if they would meet with me somewhere off of 75 so i could follow. thanks
Quoteyea i allready sugested the idea of a tug of war in the rodman trail ride thread. lets see how that plays out. That would be pretty cool to watch. ;D
Awesome idea, it would make for great video footage! Where do we sign up :D
Skizz,
Keep watchin this thread. I'm coming from Cape Coral and meet up with the Mtg man outside of tampa. I'm sure we can find a way to hook up. There should be a few others leaving from the St pete and Brandon areas, so hookin up with a guide won't be a problem.
Quotethere will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D
Gonna stick around the pit myself maybe hit a couple trails
2YFZ's, 400ex,arctic cat 90,650 prairie 4x4
Illl be leaving from New port richey (just north of tampa) on friday morning and heading up I75. If a convoy is forming ill get in on it ...
i think we should all meet up at the skyway bridge or whatever is best for yall. id like to leave on friday.ill start a thread for everybody from tampa down to naples and see if we could put together a convoy.
Chris
1 yfz..1 blaster..1 bomb ds 90 and maybe the bruin not sure.