do you remember where you were on 9/11/01? i was on a roof that morning watching the tower go up like a mushroom cloud. 1 friend from school that i knew died and 2 other friends died that i knew. john
I was in my second grade classroom. All the teachers kept coming in and out and calling and my teacher started to cry and tell us. All the kids were leaving early but I stayed.
I was shooting grade on a retention pond at a local distellery. I had one family friend die, one friend from high school made it out alive, and my god kids grandfather was late to work that day for the first time in 20 years.
i hear ya. my father in law stayed in brooklyn that day for work. my wife walked over the 59th street bridge to get out of the city and my uncle took the day off. my friend adam rand was one of the first firefighters to go up in the building. when i see his parents in ny its rough.
i was in my 8:00 principles of management class in college. what a tragic day! :'(
I was installing a set of kitchen cabinets in Maitland that horrific day.
Tha builder kept running out to my tablesaw to give me updates .
5th grade, I was young so I didnt know what was going on. But I finally figured it out. A friend of my uncle actually worked in the towers -- he missed the ferry that day.
I was in fifth grade and didnt really know what was going on, so it was sad but it didnt really affect me till afterwards looking back at it.
Quote from: Southern4x4 on September 10, 2007, 10:29:42 PM
I was in my second grade classroom. All the teachers kept coming in and out and calling and my teacher started to cry and tell us. All the kids were leaving early but I stayed.
That's where I was, when JFK was shot in 1963. Another day that changed America.
On 9/11, I was in my shop listening to the radio, and went home to get a tv, and we did not work that day. Just watched in disbelief....
I was at work listenin to Bubba the love sponge.as soon as the 1st plane hit that was all that they talked about then the 2nd one hit.I remember Brett(his producer)said its got to be al Qaida and Bin Laden.
Quote from: dynodon on September 10, 2007, 11:28:06 PM
I was installing a set of kitchen cabinets in Maitland that horrific day.
Tha builder kept running out to my tablesaw to give me updates .
getn'r done.
Quote from: eldiablo64 on September 11, 2007, 12:29:06 AM
I was at work listenin to Bubba the love sponge.as soon as the 1st plane hit that was all that they talked about then the 2nd one hit.I remember Brett(his producer)said its got to be al Qaida and Bin Laden.
I was listening to that too, & all the other stations driving across the Bayside Bridge(McMullen Booth Rd) on my way to a supply house in Largo to purchase a piece of equipment, that is the year I started to work for myself in the Hardwood Flooring business.
They got us good, we new about binladen way before that happened, Clinton had his mind on other things I guess.
I did a job on Westshore & El Prado (South Tampa) about a year later, it was a restaraunt floor("Anna's Cafe"), the G.C. was a Fire Firefighter there when it happened & said he lost his whole crew, Bubba had him on the radio & he was in the news too, I think his name was Mike.
He had to get away I guess & came down here to help keep his mind off it.
Bush might not be the best President, but at least he's gone to war IMO.(but thats a whole other topic)
at work trying to finish up the previous month end reports, went over to the other side of the building and EVERYONE was gathered in one accountant's office watching cnn.com which had a live feed going.
I was such a hard-arse that I told my people that were there watching that we could get updates on the radio at our desks and to get back to work, then I walked next door to the daycare and picked up my little girl and gave her a big hug.
Id@
i was in school.
I was in 4th grade. I kinda knew the general thing but it really didnt hit me untill i got home and saw the reaction on my parents faces. Espically since my dad's a firefighter so it hit him espically hard seeing everything.
Driving listening to Bubba when it happened. When the second tower was hit I was in the bank and watched it on the bank television. Sad,sad day.
I was in school.I noticed everyone leaving early and I was confused.Teacher told me it was just a coincidence.Then I got picked up and turned on power 96 when I got in the car and I heard something about planes crashing into a tower.
i was on the taconic state parkway south in new york and saw the second plane in flight , but had no idea that it was going to be the second plane. i did not have the radio on. i found out what happend when it got to work. i soon left work and headed home. that week i spent 1000$ on water, masks and anything the rescue workers needed that week and delivered them to the city. i still remember!!!!!!
I was living in Denver Colorado and was on my way to take my son to day care and go to work. The first one hit and it wasn't confirmed it was a terrorist attack yet so I dropped my boy off and as I arrived at work the second plane hit. I went into work and gathered around a tv with co workers. Then the pentagon got hit. I was wanting to go and get my boy and head to the mountains (red dawn) REALLY, but my boss at the time was a real jag off and said if anyone left they wouldn't be coming back. So I worked. Later that day the boss found out his sister died in tower 2. After he left, we all left.
i was in 5th grade had no idea what was goin on untill my mom picked me up
15 years old, English Class 8th Grade, Eleanor West Virgina.
I was sitting in my office working when my secretary hollered "There's been an accident, a jet liner hit one of the towers. We started watching it on tv and then the 2nd one hit as I walked back into my office. It was an unbelievable day. It also happens to be my daughters birthday. (Happy 14th Ashley)
Her birthday party that night was all the dads sitting in the living room, watching the news and yelling SHUT UP to the kids in the other room trying to have a birthday party.
I was home sick. Woke up and turned on the news just as the first story started being reported. How incredibly sad that so many innocent people lost life due to fanatics.
i can't believe its been 6 years already.
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 11, 2007, 11:30:41 AM
i can't believe its been 6 years already.
I agree, seems like yesterday I was watching what they thought was just another accident like when the bomber hit the empire state building. Longest I ever listened to Howard Stern.
What a truly sad day.
this thread should go all day. dont forget!!!
I was working for a local tire company as the Lead Technician.
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/forgotten.gif)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/passing.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911g.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911f.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911e.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911d.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911c.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911b.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/911a.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/america_supports_you.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/usaff2.gif)(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/navflag.gif)(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/marflag5.gif)(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/cgflag1.gif)(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/armyflg.gif)
well i do remember i was in Aviation class thinking do i take the rest of my course or do i stop, i did finish but i never did persue a carrier in aviation
my condolences to anybody has lose someone due to 911
Quote from: eldiablo64 on September 11, 2007, 12:29:06 AM
I was at work listenin to Bubba the love sponge.as soon as the 1st plane hit that was all that they talked about then the 2nd one hit.I remember Brett(his producer)said its got to be al Qaida and Bin Laden.
I was doing the same. Sitting in front of my computer with a little radio in the shop I used to work at. The mechanics & myself (svc mgr then) heard it at the same time & everyone thought it was still a small plane crash.
We went to the showroom & turned on a little tv a few seconds before the 2nd plane hit & saw it live!!!!
My wife is a 1st grade teacher & she for whatever reason stayed home that day with my son who was 3 1/2. It was a sad day in history of the USA. I wanted to go home badly but our communist boss could care less!!! >:(
My son is 9 now & he still remembers that day & hates terrorists!!!
i was at home sick watching the today show when it happened stayed sitting there the whole day watching it
I was leaving the Barbershop heading to work when i heard about the first plane... they thought is was an accident. Whem I got to work I told several employees what I had heard and seconds later the second one hit.
I had customers and excused myself and then we all said prayers together and closed down the entire dealership (Sebring Ford Lincoln Mercury) to be with our families.
I almost Hit someone this morning when they asked why I had our Flags @ half staff and American Flags on all the cars and truck antenas.
If this country forgets 9-11-2001 We are doomed as a nation, God bless this Great Country and Allthose who have and are stll fighting for our Freedom. God bless all those Families that have suffered the loss of a loved one. Lord as so many people are trying to push you from our Schools and from our money and from our Country.... Please forgive them for they know not what they do.
Like I said before, we knew about Osama since the late 80's/early 90's, he got mad because our troops were on his homeland during the Gulf War in '91. I wish we woulda done somethin about it when he bombed our 2 Embassies in Africa in '98 & again on the the U.S.S. Cole in 2000,
not even a year later was 9-11.
Clinton had 2 chances to take him out before all that happened, our troops were just waiting on the OK to fire, Clinton said NO.
IMO, it's kinda emberrasing w/ all our intelligence that we can't find somebody hiding in a cave wearing flip-flop's.
I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, I just think that it shouldn't of happened, I know a lot of people don't care for Bush, but he got stuck w/ clintons mess to clean up.
These are only my opinions.
I was heading to work, listening to CD's. Co-worker called my cell asked if I heard about the plane hitting a building d'town N.Y.
Tragic day from there on out..... :'(
i was in 4th grade they sent little flyers home saying we didnt see anything thats the first time ive ever heard the word terrorist or heard about the twin towers...r.i.p to all of the victims
I was working at Outback as a Food Prep guy and our boss told us about it so he turned the TV on and we watched it off and on again all day very very sad day I am flying a flag on my truck today Scott I can't belive someone actually asked you why the flags were all on your lot I can't believe ppl have forgotten already. It's very sad ! ! ! !
GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ! ! ! ! ! !
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2503015
I was busy treating patients.I picked up my daughter this AM to take her to be fitted with braces and she told me about a tribute she was listening to on the radio.I said "baby I was listening to the same station and it made my eyes water".Remember our troops! Remember America-KICKING ASS SINCE 1776!!!!!!!!!!
I was on 1st break at work we were all watching it in the cafeteria tv...they sort of let us extend break some since many had family and friends there...........
man what a rough day that was. thanks everyone for thinking about it.