Finally sealed a deal with my Jeep and traded it for this 1991 CR250R. Prety nice bike but needs new reeds. Simple fix. This is my first big bore dirt bike. Hopefully I wont break another ankle.
(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/94Hardbody4x4/100_0213.jpg?t=1189377750)
Nice bike, I've always liked the older Honda CR's ;)
Nice flip flops.....are they new as well?
They don't boost the horsepower. They boost the fun factor :oo
Get some Crocs and get rid of those flip flops. All the top riders at Sloppy Joes wear them.
:drink.gif :drive.gif
Quote from: JohnF on September 10, 2007, 05:19:40 PM
looks like a power valve cylinder
didn't know CAMEL Cigarettes sponsored supercross racing
I know it was rebuilt some time ago. Not sure if it was bored though.
a power valve might be factory on those bikes, not sure. its just a valve in the exhaust port that opens at low rpm and closes at higher rpm to give a smoother and wider powerband.
thats just what that bulging on the cylinder looks like to me, not sure if honda made power valves motors. i know kawi did
I think that year came with the Titanium Blasting pins and a Composite shifter valve right?
Quote from: Joedirt on September 11, 2007, 03:31:30 PM
I think that year came with the Titanium Blasting pins and a Composite shifter valve right?
Dude, You know good and well that the 91's had a flux capacitor instead of the titanium blasting pin. They went back to the pins in 93......
By the way, Good lookin bike. I had one back in 87 and loved that thing.
Yeah good thing I did not order those glass bearings for 94Nissanhardbody for X-mas... 8)
Yeah, that'd be a mistake. It defanatley had ceramic bearings.
But yes, John, they had powervalves in 91. They say the non-powervalve hondas were exceptionally slow.