Since nextels dont work in all of the forest someone needs to pick a radio channel that all can monitor Jerry
OK I pick channel 7. For no reason except that I generally keep my motocomm communicators on that channel. Alright with everyone?
sounds good ill be tuned in =)
want radios are you using? talkabouts
Midland GXT 450 4 watt 12 mile range
QuoteMidland GXT 450 4 watt 12 mile range
dream on! 12 miles no way, VHF or UHF and what frequency. go to my web site and use the range wizard under 2 way radios and try again. let me know if you want good old USA made Motorola radios.
I got talk abouts and 40 channel cb radios let me know what you guys will be using im game for either.Caospop@aol.com
I have Motorola Talkabout T6510s. I think they are only 1 watt but should be fine for a leader and a sweeper in a group.
I've got two Cobras with ear buds, 2 watt, says 8 mile range. Should do good for 2-3 miles easy. My son and I will have them with us.
i have a YAESU FT-7800R 40 watt output should be good for 30 miles
no good, wrong frequency. The FT-7800R provides
50 Watts of power on the 144 Mhz band, and 40 Watts on the 430 MHz ... and that a base station
I am aware that 12 miles is an advertised range and these radios do not live up to their distance. I liked the fact that in its price range, 4 watts was the most power I could find. You mentioned your website and a chart. What is it?
BTW, although it struggled, my sprint phone woked most of the time on the last ride in ONF.
I got two Motorola worksite radios I can bring that have pretty good range. I've used them to talk to the top of a 20-story building under construction before from the ground and it was loud and clear.
Id@
on the web pick a radio and the range wizard is on the bottom. Ida_Mann what frequency are they on. We need to be on the same frequency. 4 watts will do great out there. have many people use Motocomm helmet headset for Motorola radios. http://www.csonline.net/crawford/Motocomm/motocomm%20helmet%20headsets.htm
This is the best for riding, my family and the group I ride with all have them. The PTT button is on the handle bars and its water proof. I have Motorola SP50 VHF 5 watts on a private frequency. I have over 2000 rental radios at the store. Will give out at N.C to members, but will need a security deposit if losed or damaged.PM me if intrested.
i did the mod to mine FT-7800 and use the remote mount so just the face plate is on the bars, the radio is in the dry box, i get 38 watt output on the GRMS band, also the ICOM 208H is a good radio to.... ;D
Quoteon the web pick a radio and the range wizard is on the bottom. Ida_Mann what frequency are they on. We need to be on the same frequency. 4 watts will do great out there. have many people use Motocomm helmet headset for Motorola radios. http://www.csonline.net/crawford/Motocomm/motocomm%20helmet%20headsets.htm
This is the best for riding, my family and the group I ride with all have them. The PTT button is on the handle bars and its water proof. I have Motorola SP50 VHF 5 watts on a private frequency. I have over 2000 rental radios at the store. Will give out at N.C to members, but will need a security deposit if losed or damaged.PM me if intrested.
I got no clue what frequency they are on, but it has a choice of hundreds of channels if I remember right.
They are "Spirit" models I think,,,MVC is in the model number, but they are at work and I'm not gonna be back there (hopefully) till Tues.
Id@
Spirit radio are programable. see if you can find out the frequency, its on the book or remove the battery door to see if the tech wrote now. 2 watts go for 3 miles in the woods
dang man, I lost the books to them long ago, but I'll take a look behind the battery mañana.
Id@