Got this in my email
QuoteDear Interested Party:
If you are planning to attend the September 26 - 27, 2007 Task Force
meeting, please note that today is the deadline for hotel reservations at the
Doral Marriott Golf Resort and Spa located at 4400 NW 87th Avenue in Miami.
Rooms are available Tuesday and Wednesday night at a government rate of
$107.00 per night. Please call the hotel directly at 1-800-228-9290 and
identify yourself as part of the "South Florida Ecosystem Restoration Task
Force" when making your reservations. The web site for the hotel is:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miadl-doral-golf-resort-and-spa-a-marri
ott-resort/
A field trip highlighting Tamiami Trail and surrounding areas will
take place on the first day from approximately 8:30 to 12:30 PM. Field trip
participants will meet in the lobby of the Doral Marriott at 8:30 AM where
transportation will be provided to the field trip location and back. The
regular meeting of the Task Force will take place at the Doral Marriott
beginning around 1:30 PM on Wednesday, Sep 26th and concluding by 12:00 PM on
the afternoon of the 27th. Casual attire is suggested for both days.
The agenda, read-ahead materials and additional information will be
distributed separately.
Thank you,
Sandy Soto
Project Manager
305-348-1665
www.sfrestore.org
I just spoke with Sandy and she's putting me in Contact with their Public affairs director. I'm going to tell them the TRUTH about everglades restoration. Trust me.....Rick
Quote from: lswjth2 on September 05, 2007, 03:29:53 PM
I just spoke with Sandy and she's putting me in Contact with their Public affairs director. I'm going to tell them the TRUTH about everglades restoration. Trust me.....Rick
You go boy!!
Quote from: lswjth2 on September 05, 2007, 03:29:53 PM
I just spoke with Sandy and she's putting me in Contact with their Public affairs director. I'm going to tell them the TRUTH about everglades restoration. Trust me.....Rick
Rick, My office is right down the street 87th and 26st. If you go let me know, I like to go with you.
I wish i could go. I have a call into them right now. I will be out of town for the next month starting on Sunday because of work. If you want, give me an e-mail address where i can send you some documentation and you can hand this out. Let me know......Thxs
Folks, this is the biggest LIE ever told to the American People. Please take a look at these website. Any questions, you may reach me @ 239-784-1328
I hope this well help everyone when you want to look up things about this. We are getting kicked pout of everywhere because of this so-called "restoration"...Good luck...
Rick Varela
http://www.globalcoral.org/Larry%20Brand%20Flouts%20the%20Grant%20System,%20Pays%20the%20Price.htm
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/opinion_columnists/article/0,2821,TCP_24463_5570144,00.html
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/dec/04/lee_county_wants_out_sfwmd/
http://www1.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5620196,00.html
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/jun/15/judge_lake_o_practice_violates_clean_water_act/?breaking_news
http://www.sierraclub.org/wildlands/everglades/everglades_restoration.pdf
http://www.politicalfriendster.com/showPerson.php?id=4540&name=Jose-%22Pepe%22-Fanjul
http://web.naplesnews.com/03/10/naples/d934114a.htm
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/aug/27/guest_commentary_policy_must_change_improve_lake_o/
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2005/jul/30/ndn_the_view_from_here__land_grab_scheme_a_sad_com/
http://www.earthjustice.org/news/
Do a search there for everglades restoration, you will see an article that came out on July 05/2006
http://www.everglades.org/spring2006.pdf
Go to page 4 and start reading under the 21st everglades coalition section...this is a great eye opener
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/printer_B122005N1.shtml
Scroll down and start "under the Kingdom of sugar"
http://sofia.usgs.gov/publications/ofr/02-327/htm/imagedir.htm
Historical aerial view of the everglades in 1940. Remember Historical and cultural uses were to be protected....
CC:Everyone
Yeah, Ricky.. YOu should try and go.. I am curious on what they are claiming is being restored in that area.
Restoring the ground for more houses? Maybe to let the indians expand their casino..
Quote from: Justbilly on September 06, 2007, 10:32:00 AM
Yeah, Ricky.. YOu should try and go.. I am curious on what they are claiming is being restored in that area.
Restoring the ground for more houses? Maybe to let the indians expand their casino..
You are pretty close..... If I am in town I am going to go.