I think we are going to have a problem with parking????
One suggestion is that we don't park pararell(sp?) with the road..
Instead park with the nose of the your vehicle up into the tree line????
What do ya think??????
It' going to be hard for me ,I then I will be blocking the street too. LOL
Grizz
QuoteI think we are going to have a problem with parking????
One suggestion is that we don't park pararell(sp?) with the road..
Instead park with the nose of the your vehicle up into the tree line????
What do ya think??????
Good Idea Except for any RV's. Who ever arrives first needs to Start the parking trend and as people arrive they need to follow the trend otherwise there definately wont be enough parking
QuoteGood Idea Except for any RV's. Who ever arrives first needs to Start the parking trend and as people arrive they need to follow the trend otherwise there definately wont be enough parking
yeah maybe that idea should be posted on all the threads so we get the word out.
Grizz your exempt from this thread... You can park that semi truck and trailer where ever you want. ;D
Good idea on the trend if the early birds start it, im sure the rest will follow except for the locals that probably will get a hair up there a$$.. ;D
There should be aleast 30' from the treeline to the road.. On each side of the road
And most truck and trailers that are going to be there shouldn't be much larger than that
Parking area! if we park like this we all aint gonna fit ;D
(http://chris.bandl.org/rodman/images/DSC00011.jpg)
It would help the parking if guys with 4X4's would park in the pit around the edge. I tryed that one time with a 2 wheel drive and got stuck real bad, so no more.
Jim, ::)
Also, Lake Delancy isnt that far away. If people know the trails, they can park there and just ride the quads over to Rodman.
also, people with the large flatbed trailers, can take groups from the fishing area parking to the pit area.
I can do that and fit 4 quads comfortably on my trailer.
just leave some area at the end of the road for people like me to turn around and we should be good.
Id@
I posted this a week or so ago. With the exception of a couple of people (motorhomes) the first person there needs to pull as far towards the end of the hard road as possible. Bigger trailers on the left side and smaller ones on the right side. The first one there pulls straight foward to the tree line at a slight angle (just like at a boat ramp)each person should follow suit.If we don't park this way then parking will be mass confusion.
Remember not to block the trail at the very end of the road , people live back there and use it to get to their houses .
If anyone on this ride works for Disney World, please show up early.....They know how to park!!! ;D
im getting dropped off ;) 1 less vehicle ;D
Quoteim getting dropped off ;) 1 less vehicle ;D
NO WAY!!!
I used to be a car rider too......ohhh those were the days. I miss elementary school.....college is sooo much worse than those teachers promised! >:(
I asked my mom to drop me off at Rodman and she looked at me really confused.....then walked away ??? did I say something wrong? I even offered to let her drive my truck! WTF? ;D
OK for real now....what time do you people plan on getting to the dam? My crew plans on leaving Tampa bright and early and we dont wanna be the first ones there......especially since it's our first trip and we'll prolly screw the whole thing up!
it will be alittle tight for parking.. if you can contact the guy who runs the camp ground and the dam area you could maybe get permission to park by the fishing pier on the south side of the dam.. the road leading to the fishing area from the dam road is not a listed road. they use to let people ride atvs down there but people were being stupid and they stopped them from riding down there.. but if you get special permission and keep it safe and clean then they might allow it.. the guy who runs the area is a petty nice guy and if you talk to him he shouldnt have a problem with it. i talk to him often when i go down there so that may be an idea for some of you older guys running this thing to try and get started..
shawn
If people have a car hauler just park a truck on the trailer STACKEM (HEHE)
Its going to take every one to work together
well imma carpool IF I GO
Quotealso, people with the large flatbed trailers, can take groups from the fishing area parking to the pit area.
I can do that and fit 4 quads comfortably on my trailer.
just leave some area at the end of the road for people like me to turn around and we should be good.
Id@
I can do the same I have a 16 foot flat bed once I unload I can assist. remember the Nextel contact for those who have them.
QuoteIf people have a car hauler just park a truck on the trailer STACKEM (HEHE)
Its going to take every one to work together
He has already claimed his parking spot...lol
if needed ill be able to help trsport as well ill haev a bobcat trailer that can hold 4 or 5 quads. just look for the yellow f-250 cant miss it lol
Parking on the trailer may sound kindof overboard, but that is really an excellent idea. Somebody is using their head. If i could do it id do it in a second. But im leanin towards the drop off idea. The only thing is us sport bikers dont have much room for storage, so our vehicles are just about the only place well have to keep essentials like coolers and FIX-A-FLAT! May have to come up w/ somethin slik.
ill vollenteer my truck bed for ppl who dont have room on the quads for stuff im gonan tyr to be parked close to the pit though ive never been there so im not sure where that is =) but i got 4x4
I'm sure a lot of people will donate thier truck beds for coolers and stuff. I am not sure exactly where we are parking.. but anyone can use mine. I like that idea a lot... the drop-off idea will probably be the most effecient.
Im going to park down on the south end of the pits by the kids. Ill be in a black powerstoke 4x4 anyone who needs to or has kids riding down there are more than welcome to use the back of my truck.