Looking to buy a mobile navigation system for the Road. Looking for some feed back on what some of you are using. I have used the Lowrance I-way200c and was reasonable happy with its features. Currently Looking at the Magellan line and the Tom Tom line of products based on Consumer Reports
I got my Garmin 76C Mapping unit from http://4x4books.com/ and got mine before West Marine got them in stock, at a cheaper price also.
Another place to compare prices is http://www.gpscity.com/ , I would look around. I found quite a price difference when I was looking.
I use mine in my truck, boat, and ATV because it's water proof and floats, and has color mapping. Sounds like you're looking for a unit to keep in the truck, those are nice because the screen is larger. Good luck.
Garmin is the #1 Gps supplier in the world. Aircraft, yachts, vehicles, surveying equipment etc. They have the most resources and their product has the most features. Price is another thing.
looking hard at the garmin 330c
Yeah, Garmin is definitely the best. I am looking at the Garmin 396&496. They are the best it gets and they know this so it reflects in their price.
look at the new Magellan triton series.
Quote from: MATT1969 on August 31, 2007, 10:20:27 PM
look at the new Magellan triton series.
Yeah, I really like the Triton 2000. pretty sweet to have handheld GPS with touchscreen and 2mp digital camera.
I think he wants a larger GPS for his car thought to use for navigation.
Made my choice last night for the Garmin StreetPilot C330. Bought it with an additional 2 year warranty for $240.00 warranty
THats a good price whered you get it chuck?
You won't regret getting a garmin. The customer support is the best I have ever seen.
When I got a laptop one of the cd's wouldn't install. They sent me a newer version of the
software free, normally a $50 fee.
Quote from: bugmanjr on September 01, 2007, 09:00:44 AM
THats a good price whered you get it chuck?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1647897&Sku=G145-0004
Quote from: Moose on September 01, 2007, 10:12:21 AM
You won't regret getting a garmin. The customer support is the best I have ever seen.
When I got a laptop one of the cd's wouldn't install. They sent me a newer version of the
software free, normally a $50 fee.
Thanks Bruce by the way hows that collar bone??
Last Dr. screwed up, now a 4th operation and a new Dr. things are starting to look up.
I am so tired of all this. Hopefully not long now. Thanks
Quote from: Moose on September 01, 2007, 12:06:17 PM
Last Dr. screwed up, now a 4th operation and a new Dr. things are starting to look up.
I am so tired of all this. Hopefully not long now. Thanks
sorry to hear that. Wish ya the best