As one of the oldest, if not the oldest on the ride, I would like to thank Jjamesbar and Griz for making our small group of 95 quads move efficiently , lose no one AND have a great time. I would also like to say I am sorry to the people behind me from Lake Delancy back to Rodman that were slowed by being behind me. I have an artificial knee and with my big heavy quad, those last seven miles of whoop's almost got me. Next time I will go last.
Based on this and the fact that many other people I talked to felt the same way, perhaps we can make some changes for the future. As big as this has gotten we do need to come up with ways to make smaller groups. Some of the people mentioned that the Ida Trails were less whoop's. Perhaps this should be added an part of the Rodman Experience and a group of riders who want a more reserved ride come go their.
I also am sorry that we had no place at 8:00pm at elite to meet, maybe next time the weather will be better and we can get the campfire going. Was I wrong or was there no free beer, I could not find it.
One last item, I ordered shirts, got to the pit early, and never knew where to go to get them.
Again, thanks everyone , see you soon
Any riding speed is great... as long as we're riding, I'm happy! This is by far the largest ride we have ever had, and considering that... it went AWESOME! I think improvements can be made over time through trial and error. As for the smaller groups... thats a great idea that was mentioned about a week before the ride. I feel that the smaller groups will be easier to work out now that more people know eachother and the Rodman area. My idea for the next ride is that we can try setting up a forum for each person with a GPS that would like to lead a group. They can explain the trail they will be taking (if they know it ahead of time) and say how fast they usually travel. They can also say where in the pit to meet up at the day of the ride. Anyone wanting to ride with a particular person can "sign up" in each idividuals forum. This may be worth a try.
As for everything else...I think it went great!!! AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!!!
As for the shirts, me and my husband where there very early. We arrived at 6:45am, I was riding up and down handing out shirts. I am sorry you did not receive yours. I asked a few people if they knew who you where, but most didn't. One person did tell me you where staying at Elite, but we wheren't, we live so close we didn't need to stay over night. I didn't want to chance giving your shirts to someone else to pass on to you. If you give me your address I will mail them to you.
Good idea Sky. I ended up with only 14 in my group. Part of that I'm sure is people did not know me or where I would be in the pit before the ride. I will sign up again to lead if I can make the next ride.
I like leading - less dust!!! ;D
Could we have a class system like FTR ?
A very fast sport
Au very fast ute
B fast sport
Bu fast ute ect...... Just an idea
The leaders could have a plate to identify their class .
Initially, there were a few group leaders that were going to take people on different trails... ie. Grizz was taking utility quads on one trail.. Yamahahonda41 was taking sport quads on another trail... so there were specific leaders that we needed to find in order to get on the right trail. I was looking for Grizz and had no clue where to find him or who he was. If this kind of ride were to happen again, I would recommend the trail leaders wear like a flourescent safety vest or something just to locate them at the pit. That way we can get on the right trail. As it was, I ended up with kfor and we had a great ride anyways.
This ride was a remarkable success. For an event of this size, where everyone is totally independant, the communication, coordination from those who chose to lead and the willingness to follow from those who chose to follow was remarkable.
There can certainly be improvements in future group selection by speed, age, family, class of quad etc. Nothing will ever work for everyone. To little mud, to much mud, to many whoops, to few, to long of a ride to short. Lets look at the positives and build from there. This ride was at least 95% positives. ( WOW ).
Once again, I say congratulations to all involved. Special thanks to the planners and organizers of the ride, those who maintain and coordinate this website, the ride group leaders, special thanks to those who worked with law enforcement and the rangers, planned and coordinate parking, those who developed lists of people, where to stay, contacted the 88 store, designed and coordinated the shirts, helped others on the ride, towed in riders, helped lost riders and on and on.
Thanks to all and I completely agree with grizzly bear.
JD add one more group of slow quads,them damn whooped killed my back,but the pain was worth it.
I liked the canadains who let our group for awhile nice but could have slowed alittle .
Great time thanks Grizz,asphalt and skater Jerry
QuoteInitially, there were a few group leaders that were going to take people on different trails... ie. Grizz was taking utility quads on one trail.. Yamahahonda41 was taking sport quads on another trail... so there were specific leaders that we needed to find in order to get on the right trail. I was looking for Grizz and had no clue where to find him or who he was. If this kind of ride were to happen again, I would recommend the trail leaders wear like a flourescent safety vest or something just to locate them at the pit. That way we can get on the right trail. As it was, I ended up with kfor and we had a great ride anyways.
This is what I was wearing
Thanks to Budman and Its my quad
Thank you Mike and Laura
oops forgot to include thanks to jjamesbar for starting all this
Jerry
I also need to add...this ride (this weekend) was by far the best atv experience that Laura, Kyle and myself have ever been on. There was a lot of things to look at and see NO improvement neccesary. I rode with a few on friday, till just after sunset, Saturday was awesome..and stayed late at the pit after a great day on the trail, and wound up sunday in a neat little area that Da Mtg Man sent me to. Only 1 rider got in between me and my grandson, and he won't do that again, cuz now he understands... ;D good thing it was ME who spoke to him and NOT his mom....
Just idea maybe have certain leaders with diff colored whips(flags) on the quads?
IE:
Grizz with RED
Yamahonda with BLUE
or somethin like that
QuoteThis is what I was wearing
Thanks to Budman and Its my quad
Thank you Mike and Laura
ummm, I meant shirts with brail on them for the blind like me [smiley=Cool.gif]
duh huh! I am we todd did! 8) ;D ;D