I posted this in a different thread but thought I'd give it it's own thread.
I first want to say thank you to everyone on this site. We all had a fabulous time this weekend. I enjoyed meeting eveyone of you and to the ones that I didn't get to shake hands with then I'll catch you on the next ride.
I got feedback from the authorites in Ocala that they were VERY impressed with how organized, respectful and well behaved that 275 people could be. My hats off to everyone from this site.We all showed that we're not a bunch of misfits.
A few of us met a ranger on Friday by the name of Marla Pence. Marla was the most pleasant ranger that I have ever met. She's known about our group ride for some time now and met us at our riding spot off of 314 to explain to us the rules and regulations. I will be in close contact with Marla on future group rides. We also had a brief conversation about organizing a clean up ride.
Thanks again to everyone for showing up and helping me to have one of the best weekends I've ever had.
pleasure meeting you in person Mike
[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
we came across MArla as well, she handed us some maps and told us the basic guidelines on where to ride and to have fun!
Mike stayin contact with these people, who knows where this could lead us...possibly the beginning a good thing with these folks!
i have no problem going up and doing a cleanup ride..
Hey Mike had a great time. I like the last ride we did after the rain with moose and your son.
We have to hit those trails again. Set up the clean up ride and I will drive up to help.
im in for a clean up ride also
mike it was nice to meet you and the rest of the gang
Quotemike it was nice to meet you and the rest of the gang
Likewise Sheldon. I'd love to get together with you and ride sometime.
QuoteHey Mike had a great time. I like the last ride we did after the rain with moose and your son.
We have to hit those trails again. Set up the clean up ride and I will drive up to help.
That was a great ride.
The more the merrier on the cleanup. I'll know more after talking with the rangers.
after the clean up we can ride
and if she's reading the site still,,,,,nice meeting you Marla,,,again.
Met ya once down by Mill Dam when I stopped on the side of a road to rest and ya'll followed me back to a trail.
nice meeting everyone, Chuck, good luck with the shoulder and I wish I had had the chance to shake yer hand before.
Id@
im in for a cleanup ride ;D
Count me in for this cleanup ride also, sounds like a great idea. This we might want the press, like other cleanup efforts, they show how much they gathered and the total weight of it all. Maybe the county could drop off some dumpsters to deposit it in.
I want in for the clean up ride. Good idea. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Jim
It was a real pleasure riding with you guys this weekend. And for those that i met but didnt ride with it was a pleasure. Count me in for the cleanup ride.
Had a great time this weekend as well. Count me in for the clean up. ;)
Count us in for the Clean-up ride