Anyone up for an all day ride Sat. Sept. Labor Day Weekend????
What other info do you have................
ever since hearing what the riding is like, I'd like to get up there for a ride, but can't make it till the weekend after.
anybody got a good spot for me to start out and unload up there they wanna tell me about?
Id@
I'd love to go!-I'm kid free this weekend and was looking for a place to play.
I'm a new member and new atv owner-how's this work??
Tonya
kinda like a boat,,,,find a place to put in and drop anchor ;-)
at least Osceola is still open like Ocala used to be.
Id@
so did anyone go????
guess not :Dead.gif
anyone got good info on where to drop the quad and go riding up there?
I'd like to try it out this weekend,,,,,also, any hotels convenient to the place?
Id@
Ida_Mann , Prairie Master & I just went there a couple of weeks ago with our families and some friends...we dropped off at a great spot, later today / tonight I will put on here the coordinates for that spot if that will help you. It was some great riding..beautiful scenery open trails, grassy trails all groomed no whoops at all most of the ride is in tree cover, there was no mud when we went but with all this rain the past few days i'm betting you'll find some out there. We put on 25 miles in about 2 1/2 hours of riding and we only did one side of ocean pond, can't wait to go back and explore some more. Sorry no info on hotels. Todd
becareful with the lakes in Osceola I dont have the link but if you search about 4-6 kids have died days after some bacteria they picked up by bathing in these lakes and it is clearly posted on some signs in these places just becareful with the lil one's and have fun.
I searched and got it right away here it is http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/9/6/family_gathers_remembers_boy_who_died_from_amoeba.html
You can camp at ocean pond which is about a mile or so from the trail heads or get a hotel room in Lake City and drive up US 90 to the Osceola Forest but its about a 30-45 min drive. They have trail maps at the ranger stations, and also at the campground.
;D
cool, thanks for the info guys, I'm definately headed up there within the next month or two.
Id@
Let me know when you want to go I'll be back in the states 01 NOV
will do.
Id@