The list to clean up Rodman Dam President's weekend. .
Meet at Rodman 8 am Saturday Febuary 19
[/color]
Seabee will bring his truck to bring back the trash with him.
Grizz
Mama Grizz
Kodiak Girl
Lowe rider
Bigred
Budman
It's my quad
Mudbug
Broncoman
Bigworm
Id@ mann
Jbbj220
Bigpimping
Seabee
Autotek
Thrasher
NPR VINSON
LTZ 400 APK
Honda 328 I
Chuck Norris
IT 200
BiggPimpin
Here is the new list so if u want to join us please let me know
remember that Elite cabin are full.I am staying at ELITE SITE NUMBER 170
U can E=Maill me at Redgrizzly660@aol.com
Wow,.... read 32 times and I'm the first post. In case you did't know, this is a 3 day weekend, and I'm riding ALL 3 DAYS!
Count me and the wife and kids in
What time to meet up at rodman.
And we still have Sunday and M ;Donday to ride
a definate maybe..
this is the kind of ride that if someone had a dinky utility trailer to pull behind them for trash..that might be handy , whoops maybe rough tho..
:/
Good evening all. I'm one of the Off Highway Vehicle Volunteer Hosts that you met at the MLK weekend ride here on the Ocala NF. I today met with the folks in the Lake George Ranger District about your proposed cleanup and I have good news and bad news.
First, the bad news: The Forest Service will not be able to provide a dumpster for you for these days for several reasons, nor can it officially sanction this event. The most important thing to know is that government agencies move slowly; if you want to reschedule for mid-April, we can probably work things out. Let's just say that there are a lot of things that happened (not with the volunteers) the last time a group tried a clean-up, and there are lots of details that need to be worked out.
THE GOOD NEWS: While the FS can not officially sanction or participate in that President's weekend cleanup, if each of you that rides in the forest that day takes a trash bag, picks up along your ride, and takes that bag home with you, that would be great! The FS just can not provide a dumpster or trash disposal area in February, nor does it have sufficient lead time to work out the details of any official event that weekend.
For your planning pleasures, you should probably plan a lead time of at least three months to permit an event, such as a ride; it would probably be best if you run the date by the USFS before you broadcast it formally, as there may be other conflicting activities going on in the forest.
Hope this helps clarify things.
Speaking for myself here....
Re: The bad news....While I would like the Forest Service to sanction this "event", it is not neccesary for me to pick up some trash. I know that I will make a difference.
The Good News... I'm still going and going to have fun....
Well I guess we will have to bring the trash back with us.
Trasher is right I am bringing a small trailer to carry the bulk trash back to the truck. I was going to Salt Spring any way because it's a 4 day weekend for the kids here in Dade and Broward county.
The Grizz
QuoteGood evening all. I'm one of the Off Highway Vehicle Volunteer Hosts that you met at the MLK weekend ride here on the Ocala NF. I today met with the folks in the Lake George Ranger District about your proposed cleanup and I have good news and bad news.
First, the bad news: The Forest Service will not be able to provide a dumpster for you for these days for several reasons, nor can it officially sanction this event. The most important thing to know is that government agencies move slowly; if you want to reschedule for mid-April, we can probably work things out. Let's just say that there are a lot of things that happened (not with the volunteers) the last time a group tried a clean-up, and there are lots of details that need to be worked out.
THE GOOD NEWS: While the FS can not officially sanction or participate in that President's weekend cleanup, if each of you that rides in the forest that day takes a trash bag, picks up along your ride, and takes that bag home with you, that would be great! The FS just can not provide a dumpster or trash disposal area in February, nor does it have sufficient lead time to work out the details of any official event that weekend.
For your planning pleasures, you should probably plan a lead time of at least three months to permit an event, such as a ride; it would probably be best if you run the date by the USFS before you broadcast it formally, as there may be other conflicting activities going on in the forest.
Hope this helps clarify things.
Ocala_Redhead,
Thank you so much for joining our site. You are welcomed with open arms.
The bad news is not such bad news, We simply want to make a presence and let it be known to every official in ONF that we want to help make a difference in our cherished riding areas.
We will be putting together another cleanup ride and will talk with Lake George to get their permission.
Im going count me in with 2. Het grizz can cristy and I stay with you. I'll pay.
Count me in
I'm in, I don't think I have to work but won't know for sure until a couple of days before.
Hea, Ocala Redhead, and thanx for the info!
as mtg_man said, the bad news isn't really that bad, we just use the alternate method of disposing it...take it...I got a truck, it's not like it's gonna stink up my cab, and I don't mind. :D
u ,know...I just realized something else...and this has to change :)
seems like every time we get an Ocala ride setup, it's the SAME WEEKENDS AS MUD SWEAT AND GEARS! whats up with that?
I wanna do both and I cannot split myself AND my quad to be at both places at once!
oh if such traumas in life were this trivial..
now i'm not sure of which to do!
April ride and MSG are 2 different weekends....
I pointed that out before...conflicting dates..hate that...
Quoteu ,know...I just realized something...and this has to change :)
seems like every time we get an Ocala ride setup, it's the SAME WEEKENDS AS MUD SWEAT AND GEARS! whats up with that?
I wanna do both and I cannot split myself AND my quad to be at both places at once!
oh if such traumas in li.
fe were this trivial..
now i'm not sure of which to do!
This will be a 4 day weekend for some of us There is a limit of how many time U can go in the same mud hole.
So Thrasher I will make the decision I will put you down for Rodman Dam clean-up
The Grizz
QuoteThis will be a 4 day weekend for some of us There is a limit of how many time U can go in the same mud hole.
So Thrasher I will make the decision I will put you down for Rodman Dam clean-up
The Grizz
I second that...as long as we don't have to tow you around... ;D
QuoteThis will be a 4 day weekend for some of us There is a limit of how many time U can go in the same mud hole.
So Thrasher I will make the decision I will put you down for Rodman Dam clean-up
The Grizz
LOL That's one way to get more help.
I guess I am going to Rodman that weekend...
heh
Budman, i'll call u shortly, I was in a meeting when u called before.
We are not able to help, that weekend. That is also the Daytona 500 race. That is where we will be. We want to help next one. We enjoy clean ups and grooming the trails. ( if you do that here ) Watch for traffic, it is going to be awfull. :o :o
Till we ride again!
Brenda
I will make the cleanup ride if I can, I am planning on a couple of friends coming up to the cabin and us all studying(Mikes and Corey, you know what for) and believe it or not, very limited riding.
If I can convince my friends to come and help, that will be two more sets of hands, but they don't have quads.
Id@
ps: I am officially a resident of Salt Springs, so I have access to the trash sites on 88 and in Ft. McCoy and can take a trailer full of trash if needed.
I also may be taking off that Friday, so I'd like to be up there Thursday evening,,,,so if anyone wants to ride on Friday, I can lead a small group around the good trails ;-)
Id@
I wont be there on friday till l8r on...probably 8ish...
I do have monday off, so I'll stay till sometime monday then head back home.
We'll ill see if i can get a few friends together,if not ill be there
You are the best! Thanks for being so proactive on this. I just found out something that may be a real bonus for you. I mentioned before that there were lots of other activities going on that weekend.....well, one of them is a press day/ecology fair at Rodman on the Greenways side. I understand that media will be there, along with some visiting dignitaries. I certainly think if the press finds out what you're doing, there will be some who will stop by with their cameras and provide some hot publicity for atvflorida.com! You might want to see if you can designate someone to talk with the media, should that occur.
If any of you have any identifying t-shirts, you might want to wear them for the cleanup.
Also, if you don't fill your trucks and stuff with the Rodman trash, I've been advised there's an area on 31 near Hog Valley that's being used as an illegal dump. If, on your way out, you wanted to take your licensed vehicles by and toss in some of that, the Forest Service would be grateful.
We're looking forward to seeing you that morning. We'll be there with the rules/regs/map handouts for anyone that doesn't have one or needs another, and to be of help anyway we can.
Thanks for the heads up on the press day/ ecology fair.
By the way, I got your e-mail and will try to reply tonight.
Mike
Sweet!
Thanks Ocala Redhead!! That would be definitly a good opportunity for our sport to shine! All that we need to know is when they will be there...We will be meeting at Rodman Dam at 8:00, but will gladly do a round trip to get some positive exposure, not just for us, but for the many atv'ers that DO care.
Great, happy we could help.
The Grizz
Just don't let Grizz talk...we can never shut him up fast enough to ride....lol ;D
so is this ride still on? im in, but im coming up for the day just to clean.
;) We appreciate all the help we can get. :D
:) Thanks to everyone. :)
[/b][/size][/color]
Grizz
who's making the poking sticks with the nails on the end? would sure save a lot of back work!
guess i'l wear my ATVFlorida.com / Rodman Dam ride t-shirt....why not..
I have some poles and a few graber that I will bring to thje clean up.
The Grizz
where's the place off of 31?
I'm not that familiar with Hog Valley.
Id@
Hog Valley needs clean up not far from Pig Pen Saloon
thanks Griz,,,,still got no clue where it is, but I'll find it.
Id@
I only heard about the ecology fair thing yesterday.....so don't have any idea, but apparently it has to do with the future of the dam itself. Don't know when the media will be there, but I'll be calling over to Greenways to try and arrange the parking for you and I'll ask if they know.
we are going to try and get down to the dump area in Hog Valley this weekend, so may have more information on that for you, too. I'll be in a 2WD truck on Friday, but that should still work if it's on 31. Thanks for your enthusiasm!
We are still meeting at Rodman correct?
The place on FR 31, is that the old dumpster location? If so it's less than 1/4 mile off the paved road which is the road that Eureka pit is on. FR31 is north a few miles from there.
QuoteWe are still meeting at Rodman correct?
is this correct?
why not? it's where the media may be and it's a ride to the clean up. But after all, I'm NOT the Grizz.... ;D
I still dont know if I could make it my truck is getting some work done. I would love to go but i gotta take to atvs up and my truck might be in the shop.
Wish we could help, but that is the weekend of our family gathering in Chiefland/Trenton and will be riding there. But we will keep checking posts for upcoming rides......
Yes we are still meeting at Rodman Dam At 8:00 AM WE WOULD APPPRECIATE
:o MORE HELP :o
Still looking for some good men and women
The Grizz
QuoteYes we are still meeting at Rodman Dam At 8:00 AM
:o WE WOULD APPPRECIATE MORE HELP :o
The Grizz
THANKS GRIZZ
QuoteYes we are still meeting at Rodman Dam At 8:00 AM WE WOULD APPPRECIATE
:o MORE HELP :o
Still looking for some good men and women
The Grizz
Looks like a good cause ;D, sign me up too Claude!!
Quote The list to clean up Rodman Dam President's weekend. .
Meet at Rodman 8 am Saturday Febuary 19
[/color]
Seabee will bring his truck to bring back the trash with him.
Grizz
Mama Grizz
Kodiak Girl
Deluxe 21
Lowe rider
Bigred
Fl blaster
Girlieblazer
Dreth
Budman
It's my quad
Mudbug
Broncoman
Bigworm
Id@ Mann
Flea jumper
Jbbj220
Bigpimping
Seabee
Autotek
Thrasher
NPR VINSON
Id@ Mann
LTZ 400 APK
Here is the new list so if u want to join us please let me know
remember that Elite cabin are full.I am staying at ELITE SITE NUMBER 170
U can E=Maill me at Redgrizzly660@aol.com
Hey Nathan, the Grizz has you signed up for double duty ;D Are you up to working twice as hard?? Might pay double time ;D
inlcude me and the family, I will try to assist where I can.
wow, just noticed i wasnt on the list, please add me i think.
My buddy who's riding with me is bringing his tow behind trailer for his atv for hauling trash
I was down at the 31 dump area.....there's not a lot of stuff, but it's dumped alongside 31 past the dumpster site. Most of it appears to be mostly household trash, but there's a mattress, a couple of small appliance type things as well, so if someone has access to a dump and a pickup, it would all go in the back. If not, oh well.....
Thanks, all.
My wife is bringing her truck too.so we should be able to clean that area too.
The Grizz
We're really looking forward to seeing you all there. Please plan to come early; with all the activities going on, parking will be at a premium.
One of our OHV Volunteer hosts told us she met some of you today who are coming up next weekend. Unfortunately, she met you while you were on your ATVs on a numbered road. I need to let you know that we are desperately fighting to keep this forest open for your use, and activities like that will make this a losing battle for you. She didn't get the names, but please know that we're depending on you to keep your groups within the regulations. We all lose if you don't.
We will be at the dam at 7:30 a.m. If you have any questions, need any directions or maps, please find us. Dan and I will be in a grey Jeep Cherokee with California plates and a roof rack. The rest of the group will be in Forest Service green.
Grizz, if you're coming out, I would love to talk to you about your route into 88 Store. I still can't find how you get through the restricted area, so if you could bring your map, I'd appreciate it.
Marla
OMG!!!! I don't know why this did not dawn on me earlier! "Ecology Fair"? Will any one protect us from the ecology folks? I mean after all don't they think we are the destroyers of the forest? What will they think when 50 or so bikes descend on the Rodman Dam area? Ok, I'm just fooling around, but maybe we can hang a banner from Grizz's RV
" ATVFLORIDA.COM ONF CLEANUP CREW"
Count myself and my kid in the clean-up. I also found out about another event going on in the forest at that time. Check it out.
The 2005 Florida Rainbow Family Gathering
February 14-28, 2005,
Shanty Pond, Near Salt Springs, Ocala National Forest, Florida
Salt Springs lies at the intersection of SR 19 and CR 314.
This is a Spiritual Gathering and Consensual Free Assembly.
There is no admission charge.
All Peaceful Beings Welcome
Directions
http://www.floridagathering.info/directions.htm
Note: It seems that some folks are gathering near the Long Pond (FR560) site including those apposed to signing a permit to gather.
I am still planning on going but I have inventory ealier that morning so I may not make it down there till 10am or so. I'll just try to track yall down once I get there.
Hmm Rainbow gathering. :-X That should be real interesting if we happen to run into them on the trail. ::)
If I can make it should we bring our atv's? Are we picking up trash on the trails also?
I will bring my enclosed to haul trash also.
Bring your bike Yes we will be riding and picking up trash.
The Grizz
QuoteThis is a Spiritual Gathering
Spiritual huh? Everyone just make sure all your stuff is locked up while these people are in Salt-Springs. They will rob you blind.
Ida mann looks like they will be in your back yard.
:-[ Any body i could possibly hitch a ride with? and no your not coming out of your way to get me either ::)
Quote:-[ Any body i could possibly hitch a ride with? and no your not coming out of your way to get me either ::)
Be more than happy to. PM me later today so we can work out the details.
QuoteIda mann looks like they will be in your back yard.
they usually are, the women are "friendly" but only if you don't care about social diseases ;-)
Id@
Quote:-[ Any body i could possibly hitch a ride with? and no your not coming out of your way to get me either ::)
sorry Kid, I'm headed up there Thursday night.
Id@
Quotethey usually are, the women are "friendly" but only if you don't care about social diseases ;-)
Id@
Pick me out a good one then... ;D
QuoteBe more than happy to. PM me later today so we can work out the details.
thats alright bro, yall got a long enough haul. Thanks though
I'm sorry to say that we will not be able to make it up there for the clean up. Hope to see you all for the next ride.
Steve
QuoteI'm sorry to say that we will not be able to make it up there for the clean up. Hope to see you all for the next ride.
Steve
Sorry to hear that you cannot make it to Rodman Dam clean up ride.Hope U can make the next ride Rodman V.
btw: Is Gregg still coming? Grizz
QuoteYes we are still meeting at Rodman Dam At 8:00 AM WE WOULD APPPRECIATE
:o MORE HELP :o
Still looking for some good men and women
The Grizz
Would love to help? but dont know how to get there. if you could give directins.. have 10 pairs of extra arms,
Do not go looking for the Rainbow family gathering !
QuoteDo not go looking for the Rainbow family gathering !
Oh, I thought we were picking up the trash
i cant make this one ??? my land lord wants me to help him work on my roof so im booked all day. i am sorry and i might just go up on my own one day and pick up all i can.
Looks like I have two more coming with me.
Looks like we will not be able to make it this weekend. Luis is on call at work and his pager and cell phone don't work out at Rodman.
Quote The list to clean up Rodman Dam President's weekend. .
Meet at Rodman 8 am Saturday Febuary 19
[/color]
Seabee will bring his truck to bring back the trash with him.
Grizz
Mama Grizz
Kodiak Girl
Bigred
Budman
It's my quad
Mudbug
Seabee
Autotek
Thrasher
NPR VINSON
Honda 328 I
IT 200
Honda 328 I
Here is the new list so if u want to join us please let me know
remember that Elite cabin are full.I am staying at ELITE SITE NUMBER 170
U can E=Maill me at Redgrizzly660@aol.com
i'll be tryin to slide up friday eve after work.
I dont think I will be able to make it. Wife is very ill and son is just getting over it. Will see......... :-[
i doubt i will make it, i think a friend gave me the flu! :-X
Well my buddies back out on coming up Friday, is anybody else riding Friday?
Hey Mark I am leaving today after work, I should be there by 10:00 PM Tonite. I am staying at Elite Resort RV site #170.
Where R U stay ?
Grizz
QuoteHey Mark I am leaving today after work, I should be there by 10:00 PM Tonite. I am staying at Elite Resort RV site #170.
Where R U stay ?
Grizz
I don't know, my buddy has the camper. I called a few places and everybody's booked up. I'm going to call Mill Dam this morning. If they don't have anything I might sleep in the truck somewhere.
I'm leaving sometime Friday, depends on too many things what time, but hope to get there early enough to ride some fri
[smiley=drive.gif]
Quotei doubt i will make it, i think a friend gave me the flu! :-X
You talk the talk ::) When are u gonna walk the walk :-/
Rodman V ??? Or Rodman X :o
Take care kid !! Just bustin your chops ;D ;D
Headin to Daytona 1st thing Fri.AM ...........I'll be thinkinof ya!
DR Walum
I'll be up at my place by about 7pm today. and I WILL be riding Friday.
Id@
QuoteI'll be up at my place by about 7pm today. and I WILL be riding Friday.
Id@
ID@, if I can't find a place to stay friday night is there room in your yard for me? I can crash in the truck. BTW I'm not a rainbow.LOL
No rooms for miles because of the race. The truck is looking better by the minute.
I will not be able to make it to the clean up. I was sure looking forward to being there as i wanted to ride again and meet some more of you. My trip out of town took longer than it should have and I badly need to do some things around the house. [smiley=Unhappy.gif] I will do better next time.
i cant make this one but i plan on doing a ride in early march. i hate to miss out, be safe.
jeff
are ya`ll gonna be there on sunday? and if so, what`s the easiest way to get there from lake city and at what time? also, where is the meeting point?
Thanks to all of you who showed up at Rodman area today....the area has not looked that good since we arrived in November! You'e made a big contribution to keeping your forest beautiful and it is very much appreciated. Plus, it was fun to see you all again!
I suggested today to some that you designate a spokesperson who can liaison with the National Forest. That will keep you all aware of things that are happening in the forest, and it will also keep the forest aware of the positive presence you are bringing here.
Again, thanks for all you did today. The forest is a better place because of your visit.
Redhead, thanks for the good words, even though I was not there [smiley=Cry.gif] (wish I could have been). See we are not bad people and we do respect the forest so let us ride and we will help you. Give us the chance and I am sure the Rainbow People would not come to ONF ever again. 200+ quads running around the forest wyhile they are trying to sleep off the drugs would be nice. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Thanks Ocala Redhead it was a great pleasure to do this cleanup.
Check out the clean-up pictures in photo gallery
Btw Ocala redhead sorry we missed you at our RV my little dog got away we went looking for him ,I saw u make a U turn but was not able to catch up to you.
Grizz
Had a good time at the clean up. The pit area looked great, hopefully it will stay that way for awhile. It was nice to meet a few of the members. Hey Grizz I didn't see the pic of you getting pulled out by Seebee's sport bike. LOL
QuoteHad a good time at the clean up. The pit area looked great, hopefully it will stay that way for awhile. It was nice to meet a few of the members. Hey Grizz I didn't see the pic of you getting pulled out by Seebee's sport bike. LOL
[smiley=laugh.gif]Yeah Grizz what's up with that? [smiley=laugh.gif]
Big thanks to Seabee for driving all the way from Georgia to haul away cracker trash. [smiley=Clap.gif]
Grizz, don't you have the puddin' proof pictures of the truck loaded down with all the trash??
I wish I could have stayed, but I headed back to the cabin to try and do some work on my quad to get it running again to no avail.
turns out I have all the tools except for one to pull the engine out of that bad boy, and it was a critical tool.
the quad will be back in ATP's hands tomorrow and will be ready to run again soon I'm sure.
about a liason,,,,I'd volounteer if anyone is asking, I'm up there enough,,,,,although if I ever get caught on the clay roads again, it might be hard to say I didn't know it was anumbered road if the rangers know me by name ;-)
Id@
Hey IDA
I just saw this post. I would have loved to help. I'll be looking for the next one!
I had all the tools needed to try and get the beast back on the trails,,,,less one.
so, I think a trip to the tool store will be in order once I know what I'm doing.
Id@
Hey, Idaman.....please contact Bret Bush at the Lake George Ranger Station. He's looking forward to talking with you and is very pleased about the cleanup.....
I can't say again how much we appreciate what you all did last weekend. I spoke last night (Thursday) with one of the local residents who usually is up in arms about Rodman riders. He specifically told me that there were some people running in the pit area until 4:30 a.m. on Sunday/Monday morning, but he knew it was the 10%, not the "folks who did such a good job of cleaning up the area."
Grizz...sorry we missed you. You probably saw us while we were trying to figure out how to get out of there! That place is huge! We did find GS cookies in South Carolina, though, so all is forgiven. I just didn't get any of my favprote lemon ones! Maybe next year. Thanks again for organizing the cleanup.....
Take care all...we'll see you next fall. Have a good summer and keep the wheels down.