so is it really official that holylands is no longer available for riding??..
I just got back from there with 4x4matt.
WE had an AWESOME, i mean AWESOME day of riding. Stayed out all day. FWC wasn't there (I wouldn't mind if they DID come, there was some idiots) and there was no closed signs or anyting.
I'm not getting into too mcuh detail, but no laws changed, some guy just posted that up...we were never allowed to ride on SFWMD land, just the L5 and Miami Canal levee's...
Have fun out there, I'll probably see you out there the weekend after mudfest!
HAHHAA..i wish i would see someone out there with some brains (such as yourself)..but u know as well as i do...that bikes are not made for the mud!haahaa..i would deffinately kill myself out there on my yz450f..haha..but thanx..and if u see anything change..just lemme know thanx-josh
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 06, 2007, 02:09:43 AM
I just got back from there with 4x4matt.
WE had an AWESOME, i mean AWESOME day of riding. Stayed out all day. FWC wasn't there (I wouldn't mind if they DID come, there was some idiots) and there was no closed signs or anyting.
I'm not getting into too mcuh detail, but no laws changed, some guy just posted that up...we were never allowed to ride on SFWMD land, just the L5 and Miami Canal levee's...
Have fun out there, I'll probably see you out there the weekend after mudfest!
Good to hear! Look forward to riding with you guys soon.
Sorry to burst the bubbles but the laws have definitely changed. Fact is, they haven't been implemented yet. But, they will. Sucks but true.
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 06, 2007, 08:45:28 PM
Sorry to burst the bubbles but the laws have definitely changed. Fact is, they haven't been implemented yet. But, they will. Sucks but true.
When is this scheduled to be implemented anyway? Should I be working on my airboat right now or what? It sure is pouring and it will be the only way to enjoy the Holeylands for a while anyway...
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 06, 2007, 08:45:28 PM
Sorry to burst the bubbles but the laws have definitely changed. Fact is, they haven't been implemented yet. But, they will. Sucks but true.
Well whoever that was that said Holey Lands was closed made it seem immediate...
When is this going into effect? 2008 or the 2009 plan?
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 06, 2007, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 06, 2007, 08:45:28 PM
Sorry to burst the bubbles but the laws have definitely changed. Fact is, they haven't been implemented yet. But, they will. Sucks but true.
Well whoever that was that said Holey Lands was closed made it seem immediate...
When is this going into effect? 2008 or the 2009 plan?
I honestly don't believe this is going to affect us (me anyway) out there. I don't ride the levies anyway.
Quote from: JackL on August 07, 2007, 02:21:43 AM
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 06, 2007, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on August 06, 2007, 08:45:28 PM
Sorry to burst the bubbles but the laws have definitely changed. Fact is, they haven't been implemented yet. But, they will. Sucks but true.
Well whoever that was that said Holey Lands was closed made it seem immediate...
When is this going into effect? 2008 or the 2009 plan?
I honestly don't believe this is going to affect us (me anyway) out there. I don't ride the levies anyway.
I do ride the levies...but this will just make me get the big bore bike faster :)
if they were to close it what exactly would they close evrything or just a levee?
Quote from: plowrider820 on August 07, 2007, 10:07:18 PM
if they were to close it what exactly would they close evrything or just a levee?
Everything to ATV's.
Buggies and airboats are supposed to be the only things out there...so I read..........
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 08, 2007, 02:22:19 AM
Quote from: plowrider820 on August 07, 2007, 10:07:18 PM
if they were to close it what exactly would they close evrything or just a levee?
Everything to ATV's.
Buggies and airboats are supposed to be the only things out there...so I read..........
Either way I'll be good.....but your hunting license will make it OK for a quad. ;)
to bad i got a SWEET(lol) truck , buggy,and airboat to still go out there
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 08, 2007, 10:27:49 PM
to bad i got a SWEET(lol) truck , buggy,and airboat to still go out there
...what's TOO bad, is the fact you cannot spell..and by the way..aren't you that kid who complained about these "rich" guys "just sitting behind there computers"?..have any mirrors near by?
What is spelled wrong there? i built all my toys i did not buy them. and i go out and run them, not just say i got them.
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 09, 2007, 09:03:48 PM
What is spelled wrong there? i built all my toys i did not buy them. and i go out and run them, not just say i got them.
..ya...but how did you build them without using money?..can you somehow build everything from absolutely nothing? thats amazing! best of wishes to ya!
if therewas no riding, it would be posted at fwc website..
http://www.myfwc.org/recreation/holey_land/default.asp
when it was closed due to drought conditions it was posted here..
any ?? call fwc they will answer all ??
Quote from: bigwake on August 09, 2007, 09:45:21 PM
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 09, 2007, 09:03:48 PM
What is spelled wrong there? i built all my toys i did not buy them. and i go out and run them, not just say i got them.
..ya...but how did you build them without using money?..can you somehow build everything from absolutely nothing? thats amazing! best of wishes to ya!
He never said he built it for free. He isn't rich, and it's sure nothing special....
He is talking about rich people that spend 100k on a buggy/track and don't run it. They just sit around the mudhole and whatch, might as well pick up a damn stock truck and sit in it at that point!!!
lets just say what all you rich guys get for100k, i can build for under $6,000. i will go more places then you and not break as much.
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 16, 2007, 01:30:33 PM
lets just say what all you rich guys get for100k, i can build for under $6,000. i will go more places then you and not break as much.
I have seen $500 buggy's show big money full tracks whats up many times.
Holeylands was fine today. No FWC, no problems...just the usual me pulling out folks who don't have a clue
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,2124.0.html
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,27081.0.html