ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: plowrider820 on August 05, 2007, 01:10:31 AM

Title: Air Filter
Post by: plowrider820 on August 05, 2007, 01:10:31 AM
Which air filter is better especially for pretty dusty conditions uni-air filter, twin air, or k&n?
Title: Re: Air Filter
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on August 05, 2007, 02:48:00 AM
Any foam filter is good for dusty conditions. I use UNI.
Title: Re: Air Filter
Post by: Mars on August 05, 2007, 02:34:56 PM
I'll 2nd that. I've been running Uni filters for several years.
I tried Twin Air which performed well but did not hold up as long. (several cleanings)
Title: Re: Air Filter
Post by: Turboderf on August 06, 2007, 01:50:34 AM
I use uni filter with alot of oil & outerwear pre-filter
Title: Re: Air Filter
Post by: Fox17 on August 06, 2007, 03:07:15 AM
i use k&n in every vehicle i own. atv, dirtbike, truck and street bike. never had a problem. im a believer in them.
Title: Re: Air Filter
Post by: xr100racer on August 06, 2007, 03:10:23 AM
foam is better for dusty conditions

k&n will pass dust through, but has a slight hp advantage, you probably wouldnt notice the difference, on a high hp bike it would be like 1-2hp on a dyno
Title: Re: Air Filter
Post by: plowrider820 on August 07, 2007, 10:01:34 PM
thanks ;D