ok so i just got an 03 yz450f (dirtbike)..i hear its the same engine as the yfz450 quad? so i figured i could ask for peoples opinions on coolants..my bike gets very very very hot! i am using standard antifreeze and water mix..people rave about products such as engine ice and water wetter..are these really worth putting in the bike? are there any others that are even better? or are they all pretty much the same and are good alternatives to standard stuff? any help? thanx-josh
I just run water in my shee...
Engine ice in our honda 450rs it helps :F
i was leaning towards engine ice..but i have to order it online because my local advance auto parts doen't carry it..(i think) and they do have water wetter..which i heard is very good too..have any experience with that?..thanx-josh
Just put water and ice....Lol but I hear water wetter is really good and they sell it in discount.
just to back up the other post...Engine Ice or water wetter....Engine ice is if I'm not mistaken already has some anti freeze in it like that matters around here but just in case u were wondering...water wetter mixes with water duh! no antifreeze. only problem with that is you may get buildup in the radiator from the deposits in the water where u won't with the antifreeze. I don't personally use them but have heard they both work???
Engine Ice
ok looks like engine ice wins..thanx
Any of the above mentioned, or Royal purple works good too.
Some Advanced auto places carry that as well.
Also Engine Ice is made in Boynton Beach, Fl.
ok sounds good to me!
ENGINE ICE!!!! :)
engine ice, suppose to be non toxic too, the owner of the company drinks it.
Quote from: KB on August 03, 2007, 01:49:17 AM
engine ice, suppose to be non toxic too, the owner of the company drinks it.
Funny...I not only own the company but I use it as well ;D
Quote from: Can-AmGator on August 07, 2007, 04:56:28 PM
Quote from: KB on August 03, 2007, 01:49:17 AM
engine ice, suppose to be non toxic too, the owner of the company drinks it.
Funny...I not only own the company but I use it as well ;D
So how does it taste ? It is good stuff, but never had the urge to drink it.