How do you (for example) speak or say:
26°21'2.59"N
81°31'5.22"W
I thought it is 26 degrees 21 feet 2.59 inches North
81 degrees 31 feet 5.22 inches West
Am I wrong? If so how do you say it? Oh yea and how the hell do you make a degree symbol on the computer without copy and paste from somewhere else? BTW I feel real stupid here LOL
I believe it is: North 26 degrees 21 hours 2.59 minutes
West 81 degrees 31 hours 5.22 minutes
I dont about the degree symbol part
Quote from: TxsRanger99 on July 27, 2007, 04:38:24 PM
I believe it is: North 26 degrees 21 hours 2.59 minutes
West 81 degrees 31 hours 5.22 minutes
:Y :Y
Geeeez, You're so stupid! ;)
By the way, I have no idea what they mean.
Just kidding. I'm almost 100% that tsxranger is right.
cool thanks guys for the help :ThumbsUp.gif I dont like sounding like an idiot when I am talking to everyone
It is Degrees, minutes, seconds
Quote from: GrizzlyBear on July 27, 2007, 06:33:09 PM
It is Degrees, minutes, seconds
yeah i think he is right
hmmm.... see I wasn't the only one who wasn't for sure LOL How about a degree symbol on the keyboard? I thought in school (way back when) there was an alternate keyboard with nothing but symbols. Now I can't remember where, when I first started this post I had to copy , paste off from Google Earth LOL
IXIswamperIXI
Never give your home cord's.
We know were you live.
Your just off Immokalee Rd. and Everglades Blvd N.
I will not give out your address.
I know your at home trying to figuring out your new GPS.
now that's funny.....
maybe use an asterik symbol instead of the circle degree symbol ? **** just a thought.
IXIswamperIXI
If you would like to learn more about your GPS go to
http://www.Geocaching.com
It free and fun. I have found 100 of caches.
Quote from: fishfry on July 27, 2007, 09:14:06 PM
IXIswamperIXI
Never give your home cord's.
We know were you live.
Your just off Immokalee Rd. and Everglades Blvd N.
I will not give out your address.
I know your at home trying to figuring out your new GPS.
AHHH I do live close to there but I asure not there LOL on google earth if you zoom in its just a hole not to far from my house LOL nice try though :ThumbsUp.gif
Quote from: fishfry on July 27, 2007, 09:43:58 PM
IXIswamperIXI
If you would like to learn more about your GPS go to
http://www.Geocaching.com
It free and fun. I have found 100 of caches.
thanks for the info I will try it out 8)
Is that in Poggie Strand or Horsepen.
Quote from: fishfry on July 27, 2007, 10:25:59 PM
Is that in Poggie Strand or Horsepen.
You know I am not sure... I wouldn't think it has a name, it is really small place.
N 28 degrees 53 hours 45.95 minutes
W 81 degrees 13 hours 40.41 minutes
whoa, you can sure tell that I'm the one with a pressure washer in the neighborhood ;-)
google earth is freaking incredible,,,,yes that's my 6X12 enclosed trailer in the front yard, yes I keep a sparkling pool, and I can even see a piece of rain gutter laying in the back yard
Id@
DEFINITELY Degrees, Minutes, Seconds.
That is how Lat/Lon has ALWAYS been, (yes, it was in use LONG before GPS was invented).
Tony
Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question, until you have asked it 8 or 10 times.
Quote from: GrizzlyBear on July 27, 2007, 06:33:09 PM
It is Degrees, minutes, seconds
Ding Ding Ding!
This is how it is said. Some people will say North 28° or swap it around and say 28° North, but thats about it..
This is the Lat/Long to the entrance of Bimini for example.
Lat = 25 degrees, 43.0 minutes North
Long = 79 degrees, 18.1 minutes West
Also, as for the degree symbol.. It is ALT-0176
Convert em and express it in decimal form. It is much easier IMO.
http://www.cosports.com/tools/gps_coords.htm
Quote from: Justbilly on August 01, 2007, 02:14:18 PM
Quote from: GrizzlyBear on July 27, 2007, 06:33:09 PM
It is Degrees, minutes, seconds
Ding Ding Ding!
This is how it is said. Some people will say North 28° or swap it around and say 28° North, but thats about it..
This is the Lat/Long to the entrance of Bimini for example.
Lat = 25 degrees, 43.0 minutes North
Long = 79 degrees, 18.1 minutes West
Also, as for the degree symbol.. It is ALT-0176
ahh... you the man LOL I knew there was a way to make a degree symbol, no one else said, thanks for your help
PS. Go into the menu of your GPS and set it to decimal.