I assume there is going to be camping? I might be able to make it out for that...
Something happened to the thread? ??? I'll still be there though.
Might be there if my new quad (which I should have this week) is broken in by then ::)
How many people do you think will be there during the week, since it's spring break?
Hopefully it will be packed like New Years ;D That was fun!!!
I will be camping for either Saturday/Sunday, or Monday/Tuesday.
2 weeks more, anyone else?
I am not going to be able to make it like I originally thought I was going to...
I may be in for the 19th. I'd like to meet some of you people. I won't camp. I live close by (~1 hr.)
Kurt
I'll keep an eye out for the Eiger or TB.
Bump
I might be there. Gotta see how the work load at the shop is that week....................
I'm probably gonna be there on 21 and 22 instead, I'll see what happens. Only a week or so to go! :D
Anyone going to be there on Friday the 18th?
Kurt [smiley=pirate.gif]
I'm planning to go but the weather may be pretty bad this weekend. I really don't want to drive 4 hours in the rain with a 10k lb TH.
Weather.com says no rain til Monday.
Kurt
I'll guess I'll be going on Wednesday and Thursday then! God willing it will be nice those two days. ;D
Sorry I will not be going this spring break I have too much work.
Grizz
QuoteHopefully it will be packed like New Years ;D That was fun!!!
dude...it was INSANE!!!!
raptortom and I were camping up at mill dam and we rode to scrub, OMFG was it packed!
ill be there sometime this upcoming week with eric. But tomorrow is school and Saturday is supercross and me putting the motor in the quad.
Be on the look out for a slow 400ex with a blue frame, nerfs, razr rears, some ugly kid. Red helmet with all blue gear and hopefully some new Thor Quadrants i hope to be purchasing over the weekend.
My name is Jabo & I'm new to FL ATV.COM. My question is (What is Big Scrub?) By the way I ride a sweet 04 yfz450.Holla back real soon wanna ride.
QuoteMy name is Jabo & I'm new to FL ATV.COM. My question is (What is Big Scrub?) By the way I ride a sweet 04 yfz450.Holla back real soon wanna ride.
Hey Jabo,
Welcome to ATVFL ;) Big Scrub is a campground where atv's are allowed to ride in an out and park and camp. It is located on the south end of the Ocala Forest just north of Altoona FL. Its off forest rd 573 and 588. Here are some pics of the trails. http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=readersrides;action=display;num=1107755898 Let me know if you need anymore info. - eric
you know about some cool spots eric? I been going to scrub a while and i just got a cheap gps. can you hook me up? I been wasting good time.
Quoteyou know about some cool spots eric? I been going to scrub a while and i just got a cheap gps. can you hook me up? I been wasting good time.
Hey Scramdaddy check your inbox i will send you a message ;)
thank you very much! was it you that was getting the new bike? gl with that bro. I will enjoy myself much more now! C ya later ;D
Hey guys I was wondering if you all could give a little info on this place.. I have never been to ONF so i need to know how to get there. I will be leaving from the oviedo area. I see also that you have to pay 4$ to park and I also see where people say just park across the street and its free. Is this true cause i dont want my truck to get towed or anything. Any info is appreciated [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
QuoteHey guys I was wondering if you all could give a little info on this place.. I have never been to ONF so i need to know how to get there. I will be leaving from the oviedo area. I see also that you have to pay 4$ to park and I also see where people say just park across the street and its free. Is this true cause i dont want my truck to get towed or anything. Any info is appreciated [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
OK from Oviedo I would say find a route to get to hwy 441 and head north on 441. Get off 441 and onto hwy 19 where they meet near Tavares and continue North on 19. You will go past the town of Altoona heading north still on 19 and you will see the "Welcome to the Ocala National Forest" sign. Travel another few minutes more and on your right hand side you will see a blue sign that says rd 445 but dont turn here. Pass that sign and get ready to turn left within like 1 mile or less onto forest rd 573 which enters hwy19 at an angle which you'll already be on. 573 isn't marked well so you might pass it your first time but its easy to know if you've gone to far because you will go under some of those tall-high powered powerlines that lead to Scrub and if you do just turn around. 573 starts off as pavement and then turns into a dirt road after a few hundred yards. Just stay on the dirt road for 7 miles and you will come to the campground on your right at the intersection of forest roads 573 and 588. You can't really miss the campground. I usually park under the powerlines just outside the campground since it's free. If you plan on staying overnight just drive into the campground and you will need to pay about $6 I think. Have fun!
See if using this map helps. You can zoom in and out and print it to:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=altoona&state=fl&zipcode=
Thanks alot man. I know some of you guys will frown on this but are helmets required out there? I'm on a utility quad and hardley ever get over 15mph.
No helmets are not required for adults but you might at least want goggles for the dust.
Say if you have never been you might enjoy the good sized sandy sink hole near the campground. When you ride out of the campground go under the powerlines and head to the right. Follow the lines west (away from hwy 19) about a half mile. Stay under the lines but ride alongside the road and you should see a wide trail on the right across the road. Cross the road onto the wide trail and only about another half mile back on the right is a large sinkhole with trails leading down into and up out of it. It's fun for a little while ;)