Well, just seeing who can make a april 2nd or 16th track date at thunder cross in okeechobee ? it is $25 per rider and $5 per spectator and $15 per kid rider . they have no concession for practice so bring food and drink. they have a pee wee track for the kids. same requirements as waldo for safety equipment. track is 50/50 doubles and tables, most are makeable and 3 are just sick......65ft doubles and 85ft table. covered stands and close parking.
you tell me, i figured it is in the middle so we can get some more south riders and over a month away to save for!
this is my local track so i know it well and should be able to answer all questions.
do they ride all weekend? can you camp there?
directions to where it is exactly i may be up for it
Dont think I will be able to Make it there, We are going to Durhamtown plantation on March 25th so All our money is going there, But the good news is I might soon be a member of the Elka family ;)
QuoteDont think I will be able to Make it there, We are going to Durhamtown plantation on March 25th so All our money is going there, But the good news is I might soon be a member of the Elka family ;)
sweet! we will miss you but you can make up for it by becoming a family member
DIRECTIONS= 95 or turnpike to state road 70, aka okeechobee rd, and go west about 20 miles and go right when you see the sign, for about 1 mile and your there.
Hey the weekend of the 16th is our anniversary weekend so we will likely have a sitter for the whole weekend ;) WE are IN. I know during the FTR MX weekend we could camp there. I wonder if we set it up in advance if they would let us set up camp as a group the night before so we don't have to get up and drive so early to get there?
Also... I GOT KNEE GUARDS NOW...no more bruises for me!!!! ;D ;D
:D Good for you. They do help us people with skinny knees,lol.
Hey Dreth, my Elkas are on order. MIke at ATP hooked me up with the Quad rates and Houser +1/2 arms for a great deal.
If anyone needs Elkas Nightbreed is now an official dealer ;D
After the sore back and arms Im ready.
if yall want to come up the night before , there is a hotel as soon as you get off the main highway and its only like 45$ a night, from there its only a 30 min drive. i can get the hotel info if yall want
They might not have camping there at the track but I would be up for that if they do or a campground near bye. I think there is a KOA close bye.
ill check on the camping thing
are the woods trail system open for the 4x4 atvs?
Quoteare the woods trail system open for the 4x4 atvs?
i will check
OK, i just spoke with Dean, he runs the track, and you can camp that friday night with no problem.
the trails are closed so you will only have a choice of the big track or the pee wee track
Im in and I dont care what date, what time, or where Im staying just as long as I can Air it out.... ;D
I AM READY....Are we there yet...(http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/campfire.gif)
We will be camping Friday night so we will be ready to ride good and early 8)
Camping it is... ;D Maybe have a few [smiley=drink.gif]
As long as they have no problems with my tent... ;)
so is it the 2nd or the 16th, were trying to work it out. The camping idea is nice, Anyone know what type of camping it is or any facilities??
im gonna try to get out there. i wanna ride w/ some of u guys.
Quoteso is it the 2nd or the 16th, were trying to work it out. The camping idea is nice, Anyone know what type of camping it is or any facilities??
THE 16TH, no facilities
Quoteim gonna try to get out there. i wanna ride w/ some of u guys.
come on out! your a short drive away!
MX RIDERS WANTED!!! DONT SING IT!!!BRING IT
LMAO GET ON THE LIST
Im gonna try to go if I get my new tires :-/
Will I be allowed too because im 14 and on A quad over 90cc ??? (250ex)
How long is it open for ???
Yes you are allowed to ride. However, You have to have your parents with you to sign a release or some tracks will let you with a notarized letter from your parents.
QuoteHow long is it open for ???
9am till 5pm
hey guys new guy here count me in for the group ride it would be cool to meet some new people we ride seminole and dania often.
Quotehey guys new guy here count me in for the group ride it would be cool to meet some new people we ride seminole and dania often.
this track is alot different than both of those , youll like it ! we would love to have you ;D
hotels........cross roads inn will be the least expensive, sleep inn, treasure coast inn, days inn
Quotethis track is alot different than both of those , youll like it ! we would love to have you ;D
How is the track diffrent?? Are the jumps Alot bigger ?
Gosh I hope not :-[
QuoteHow is the track diffrent?? Are the jumps Alot bigger ?
Gosh I hope not :-[
they have 2 65ft doubles, 1 85ft table, 1 40ft double, 1 65ft table and several others
Sorry for all the questions guys but there site isnt very informative :(
What gear must have? I have boots and A helmet but wat else do I need ???
It also says on there site thats its only ope 10am to 1pm I hope thats not truc
Thanks
QuoteSorry for all the questions guys but there site isnt very informative :(
What gear must have? I have boots and A helmet but wat else do I need ???
It also says on there site thats its only ope 10am to 1pm I hope thats not truc
NERF BARS, and thats it! they are open from 9 to 5
Thanks
Well I just ordered my Nerf bars and tires so It looks like I will be going ;D
Do I have to have long sleeves and A chest protector :-[
QuoteWell I just ordered my Nerf bars and tires so It looks like I will be going ;D
Do I have to have long sleeves and A chest protector :-[
no but i would recommend long sleeves to anyone! its just a little extra sweat compared to dirt burn that will last for atleast a week........you choose! GLAD YOUR COMING , I will be happy to meet you ;)
And let me just say [smiley=lecture.gif] I have been through the dirt burn thing...... Long sleeves is MUCH more comfortable. I wrecked at scrub wearing a tank top and dirt burn scabs looked like road rash!!!! OUCH! lesson learned. You can never be too safe, especially on the track.
Count me in if I can make it ;D I was at thundercross today, and I'm going tomorow (march 6) if anybody wants to meet me out there, I'll be on a white YFZ that's dirty from the wet track from today! Dreth you live close no excuse!
am making plans to head to this group ride with the boys. hopefully see you there.
I will try to make it. Bike should have exhaust and be jetted by then!
Mike
looks as thought the group is growing ;D cant wait to meet everyone!
can i get a head count please! im going to talk to the track groomer and see if he will fix the faces of all the jumps like the guy at waldo did!
2 R Riders from Naples... ;)
1 ex rider from naples ;)
What only 4 people ???
2 riders here from lantana ............ yeah.......... lets ride.......................
2 R's Here [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
i might be able to get there so count me in ;D
raptorboy
Mrs.Nightbreed
So yall not going to Hard Rock that weekend for the FTR race?
QuoteMrs.Nightbreed
So yall not going to Hard Rock that weekend for the FTR race?
she is coming to thunder cross even if i have to pay for their trip ;)
QuoteMrs.Nightbreed
So yall not going to Hard Rock that weekend for the FTR race?
Yes!! It is a LOT of driving!! but we are doing both ;D
It is also our 7th anniversary weekend so it's NO kids and RIDE RIDE RIDE!!! ;D ;D ;D
Here is an update for you Dreth...
If everything goes like it should I will have a NEW Elka under my azz. :o Then it a jumpfest. ;) WooooHooooo
Too Quiet... ???
Two weeks... :D
Two R's... :o
i just put my motor back together and my shock will be here thursday :o can i be riding by the weekend?
Dreth, I'll be there sat and maybe sunday this weekend... I'll also be at the group ride... hope to see you there!
Sorry, Something has come up and I cant make it :(
Well good news and bad news.
Good... i got my rear Elka today. :)
Bad... Got no $$ to go on this date. >:(
Sorry Dreth lets try to do it again soon. :-[
are you kidding me Matt!
Lets get a headcount as of now, seems to me its like only me and you dreth, everybody backed out. Me, my buddy with a yfz, and i have two other friends with Z400's will be there. There were a bunch of guys out at seminole today, but nobody puttin out much of a challenge.
we are still in, ill be there first thing in the morning hope to meet some of you guys. are we there yet..................................
Dreth you know I will be there with at least 4.
Tony might come from Tampa with a couple of friends.
See you there ;D
looks like we have
flea jumper and family.....4
the nightbreeds..............2
me...............................1 plus about 10 family spectators
florida400ex...................1 plus a few friends
lawnmanmx....................2
1fast250R.......................still might come with a friend
looks like there could be around 15 plus riders plus spectators!
15 is good, more would be GREAT!!! common people and make it out to thundercross the 16th!! ;D
Take me off the list :( I had A family death and cant make it :'(
me and 2001toomey MIGHT be able to make that ride!!! ;D
raptorboy
OK, got clearance from the tower. Looks like its just me so Im going to drive over in the morning by my self.
;DSee yall on Sat. ;D
whats happening on saturday is this just a practice at the track day or is there racing on saturday?
MB
sweet matt!~ we will see ya there
Quotewhats happening on saturday is this just a practice at the track day or is there racing on saturday?
MB
its open practice! and i get my quad back tommorrow ;D
big brown truck stopped by today brought home the new elkas sweet................ just in time for thundercross can wait to air them out see you all there. ralph
big brown truck came by and delivered..... FULL HOUSER/ELKA longtravel suspension for the 'ole yfz ;D ;D ;D still can't go tho' :( will wait for next ride
got my quad back together tonight and will be ready for some air myself
Quotegot my quad back together tonight and will be ready for some air myself
Will it be your first time using a twist throttle? If so, we can creep around together, it's hard to get used to, this will be my second time on the twist.
QuoteWill it be your first time using a twist throttle? If so, we can creep around together, it's hard to get used to, this will be my second time on the twist.
yes it will be my first time on a twist! i have not even ridden it in my yard yet [smiley=dunno.gif] i hope i can get use to it quick cause ill have alot of spectators coming out to watch me :o
Quoteyes it will be my first time on a twist! i have not even ridden it in my yard yet [smiley=dunno.gif] i hope i can get use to it quick cause ill have alot of spectators coming out to watch me :o
The actualy jumping part isn't hard, but you REALY REALLY need to watch yourself while entering turns, a lot of times the braking bumps will cause you to blip the throttle, then send you for a fun ride over the berm ;D It should take a good few laps to get the hang of, but once you're used to it, you'll be railing turns, and back to normal in no time.
please pm me if you gonna make this ride! they dont have food on site and i might get my dad to cook hot dogs and burgers on the grill for us so i will need to know how much to bring! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Are you not going now ??? ???
>:(
>:( :'(
Bro that sucks!! Call all the local shops and see if they have any tie rods in stock, I'm sure SOMEBODY HAS to have a set in stock.
Not for a plus 2 front end. But i gots lots of friends with the same set up so Its time to get on the phone. :-/
QuoteBro that sucks!! Call all the local shops and see if they have any tie rods in stock, I'm sure SOMEBODY HAS to have a set in stock.
Who needs a Local Shop when you have some great friends.. :D :D :D :D :D
Gee how long did that take to go and get.... :o :o :o
Now Its back to work. ;)
its official! my dad said he would gladly cook for us so just let me know how many in your group so i can get enough hams and hots. yall just bring your own drinks and snacks ;D
i will also have another white t-shirt so everyone can autograph it 8)
I'll provide all the soda/ snacks and chips for everybody... I'll be drivin a blue ford expedition, with a 6x12 white haulmark trailer with greater yamaha decals.
All back togather... ;D
A little test ride after setting it back up to MX. I went into a little berm and gased it and....Pop goes the tie rod. :o and I allmost flew off the quad.
All I have to say is someone was watching out for me because I could only wounder what might have happened over a big Jump at Thundercross.
I've poped a balljoint over a jump, and it's not fun :-X You're lucky you broke during a lil berm, and not over a jump, and you're lucky to have friends with spare tie rods so you can make the group ride!! See ya there!
QuoteWho needs a Local Shop when you have some great friends.. :D :D :D :D :D
Gee how long did that take to go and get.... :o :o :o
Now Its back to work. ;)
Man just get rid of that old junk and buy a new 4 stroke. Darn dinosaurs always breaking down. You want me to bring some spare parts for you. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
See you all tomorrow, Better bring your wings. ;) ;D
i just got my quad ride ready! i have all the food and im ready to ride! ill be there around 930am ;D
I'll be there in about 2 hours from now, its 7:49, see you guys there.
when is the next ride?
WE HAD A GREAT TIME! CHECK THE PHOTO GALLERY :o
Awsome Time. Photos out the ying yang. ;D
We had a blast ! [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
I swear we all need to get an atvflorida motocross series going. I have more fun on our group mx rides than I do at any of the races that we go to.
Cant wait to go again. What track are we going to hit next?
Mike