LimoLarry and I are talking about riding Big Scrub Saturday-anyone else planning on going? We'll probably get there around 10, if we go.
Kurt
[smiley=BigSmile.gif]
Hi Yes a few of us from Pinellas and Levy are coming up around that time.. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Cool! I want to [smiley=drive.gif]!!
Kurt,
I went to Ocala Motor Sports today and put the heat on. They said they would start repair on my Polaris Thursday and I could pick it up on Friday. I will be ready to go for Saturday. My wife said she may go to.
Do you have one of those portable coleman gas grills? Maybe from your boat? If you have one then I'm going to bring some Filet Mignon steaks and chicken titties for lunch. I have a small charcoal grill but a gas one is easier to use and we wouldn't have to carry charcoal and lighter fluid with us.
I hope your ready to break in that new bike with some swamp ridin like the pictures I see on this website.
Anyone else wanna go?
Larry-
I have a Magma gas grill for the boat, but it is not useable due to the mounting configuration. I am looking at a small propane grill, but don't know if I'll have it for Saturday. I'll call you Friday with an update. Hope the Polaris is done!
Kurt
Kurt,
Those Magma grills are nice. I want to get one for my boat. If you have the mounting hardware for it to attach to the 1" tubing then we could put it on my handlebar when we were ready to use it. Just a thought.
Or I have a small Weber charcoal grill if we still felt like grillin out. Larry
Larry-
I'm not too comfortable with attaching a gas grill to an ATV. [smiley=Nuke.gif] I have a bag of match-light charcoal I can bring (I just have to find it...). I don't think I'll have time to get the gas grill I wanted to buy before Sat. :( Where do you want to meet?
Kurt
you guys cruise or get on it, i was planning on heading up there thus weekend
Coastie-
Some of both, I imagine. I'll do my best to keep up!
Come on down!!!
I will be there, its only my 2nd trip to Big Scrub so hopefully this time someone will be in front of me before I find the 3 feet deep ponds(maybe only 1-2 feet but still!!! lol), although the vinson made it through with no problems. When I went last week I parked on the side of 573? right afterit turns into dirt, Is there better trail riding further down close to camp or should I stay down on that end with less people? We will be there around 10:30-11
everyone seems to park around camp but the best trail riding is out away from camp. Hope to see everyone there. I will be riding a red 05 Polaris sportsman. I have never been to Blue sink. I think I'm going to try and find it with my gps. If anyone wants to meet there around 1:30 GPSKurt and I will be grillin some steaks and have a few extra if anyones hungry.
I didnt get a chance to meet up with you guys, but my buddy and I(both on 05 Vinson LE's) got about 70miles of riding in. We hit just about every type of riding and it was a blast! quads and I both need a bath really bad. Also I was on a trail close to where 573 turns into dirt and it has alot of water and I saw about 30-40 Jeeps go through it. I didnt know you are allowed to take jeeps down the trails.
I think we did about 30 miles. We went to Blue Sink. We saw those jeeps at the gas station in Weirsdale and figured they were going out there. Saw a few rainbow people out there.
Over all we had a great time.
Larry-
Had a great time with you yesterday. We are getting a 250 Ozark for Donna in 2 weeks. Lets go!!
Here is a photo of Blue Sink
Here he is, folks- LIMOLARRY!!
Here's Josh & Larry-
Sorry people. I don't have any pictures of Kurt.
My wife saw these pictures and said she wished she had went with us. I wish she had went to.
Kurt, I will be looking forward to watching you break in that new bike in some mud later on. That bike just looks too new. There isn't a scratch or splash of mud on it. I have a picture of Josh riding that mud hole attached here but not sure how to get it in the text like you did with my picture. Check it out.
Lets try Scrambletown next time. Larry
That was easy. I found a pic of Kurt.