for those familar with the area there is a big piece of land between SR21-SR16-CR215. these 3 roads make a triangle and the land between them used to be hunting area but the hunting has since ceased since we ride back there on a daily basis. we have had 20+ ppl on night rides out here in the past. there is lots of trails and a really big hill to climb and even some muddy areas. if anyone would like more info just PM me. i live 1mile from this area and ride it very frequently.
Hello,
I am in Jacksonville how about a little more information on how to get there. We are always looking for new areas to ride. You can PM me or just post it. Thanks
where @ in jax? you take blanding or SR21 all the way south untill you hit SR16 the area is on your right as you near 16. it may be easier to find the roads on a map to understand the area which i am describeing. SR16,Sr21,CR215
I live near the beaches in jacksonville. That must be right at camp blanding?
its real close. i'll probably be riding out there saturday the weather was a lil gloomy today so we didnt ride
How big is this area? Do the cops mind??
i dont exactly know how to judge it as far as how big it is, but you could definatly ride all day and not see the same spot twice. i personally havent had any run-ins with the 5-0 in the 6months i have been riding out there and on the weekends theres usually 10-20 quads out there. UNFORTUNATLY someone came around yesterday and put big white marks on all the trees along the property line so i'm not sure as to how long this spot will be available. i have heard though from some respectable sources that this spot is soon to be a state run/owned OHV Park. so i guess we will soon find out.
hello,
just moved up from psl tried to find midlleburg riding i live off 220 and college went down blanding and 16 and could not find the spot. can any one help me with better direction thanks
as your driving down blanding heading towards 16 pay attention to the right side of the road. you will pass two new neighborhoods and then will notice a large dirt/grass hill that runs next to the road. keep driving and following this hill. as soon as this hill comes to an end there is a drivway with a gate. park to the right behind the hill then follow the path around the gate and your in. any ???'s give me a shout 904-505-8195
me and my dad (bigworm3699) live in middleburg...
i know he's gonna come out there with me as soon as im all healed up
oh ok
he said after he scopes it out he'll bring you tell him i can move my fingers and wrist now and even see my knuckles but it's still swollen and still hurts like HELL :banghead.gif :Dead.gif
ok... ouch ill tell him..im prolly going outside to ride around the block in a few anyway
hey btw...nice gender ;)
:K fixed Dee Dee Dee
Sweet, Cause you one ugly female ;)
sounds good we be out there probaly next weekened i thought that was the place drove my truck back there looks like alot of trails
thanks
im glad ya found it hopefully me and my quad will be back in shape to ride out there by the weekend
Thanks Joe for informing me......rode out there Sat. Morning and was "GREAT"....hope your sources are right on the OHV park....would make a good one...hell even if they charge an annual pass, would be worth it....let me know about any night ride....would love to join ya or if you ride during the weekday, am always available
i live about 3 miles away have know kq 450 would love to ride with ya
Dewey...going back Sat. morning say around 9:00am...maybe we can meet up....really a nice place to ridePM me and I'll give my #
sent pm
I rode down this evening. There was a big truck (18 wheeler, with trailer) backed into the driveway. I couldnt get around the truck so I didnt get to ride at all. I will go back again tomorrow or saturday and give it a try. Anyone been riding out there lately?
Anyone road Middleburg lately?
rode Saturday bout 4 hrs...got rained on but boy was it "COOL" after that
southern outlaw I am off this week tue-thurday if you want to ride let me know. later
Damn Dewey ...went to Osceala 2 day ...group of 4...wish I'd known...you could of went and would have taken and extra bike for your son.....might be doing a night ride there tonite.....will know shortly and I'll call ya...say be there at around 7:30 -8:00
Dewey...we are headed out there to ride to night....tried to call and was going to bring the 4th bike for your son....call me ...we'll be there at around 8:00
What a great ride tonite 3 of us rode till 11:30...was very cool after the rains...lil wet but was a great ride....plan on another ride Sat. Night Aug. 11th say 8pm to 1 am....lets get a group to ride....prefably without alcohol or anything else...just don't want the "DRAMA"
Aug 11 would be great and if you wouldn't mind the extra bike for my son would nice and i thank you very much. my cell#616-3948
;)We went out there for our first time a couple of weeks ago.We had so much fun.There is so many
trails.I didn't think you could ride at night.Thats good to know..We just moved to middleburg,maybe we can meet up and ride sometime.
Lets all meet at the Kangaroo Station at the corner of hwy 21 and 215 in middleburg 6:00-6:30...Sat Aug. 11th...we'll leave from there at 6:30 and be riding by 7:00....PM me if you need more info....Ride to 11:00...don't want to disturb the neighbors to late even if it is Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!
Greetings fellow riders! Jay here in Mandarin. I just recently equipt my wife and I, an our 7 yr old daughter with ATV's. I read this forum last week with regard to Middleburg riding. Sunday I found myself in that area and decided to scout it a little. I saw the opening by the end of the hill, and, I too, found a tractor trailor blocking the entrance that you metioned. I took a right on 16 and found an entrance (2nd one I believe) on the right that was passible and not gated. Is it ok and safe to pull up in there as well? Also, my daughter rides slow and steady, she manages her machine responsibly so far! I am guessing with that much space, other riders would not frown upon her riding and learning there? Thanks for your input and help, Jay Smith.
oooops it was Saturday!
Hey Jay....the tractor trailer pulls far enough to the back and south that he leaves enough room I'm able to drive my quad cab dodge and 14 ft. trailer between it and the mound....would love to have you and your family come out to ride with us...some people might want to go ahead that want to ride faster then others and I think if we all meet back at the starting point ever hour to regroup it would be a good idea...cool down - hydrate - have a headcount to make sure all is ok....just want all to have fun and don't do anything "STUPIED".....ride safe/have fun
Thx for the reply Outlaw. Glad to hear this would be doable for us, expecially little one. Any plans to get together and ride as a group in the future?
This Sat Night night for sure.....Labor day weekend Ocseola National Forest (tentive)
Dewey ... I'll have the extra bike for your son to ride tonite...tried to call ya....
Has anyone ridden out in Middleburg lately? i have been down three times and now the truck blocks the road to get in. I walked back a few hundred feet, but didnt see any tracks from ATV's so I wondered if anyone had been in there lately.
Also wondering if anyone has rode out there lately?
I need a new place to ride .. badd
first post
I have a 86 lt250r an live in jacksonville me an my buddies need a new place to ride
since they call the cops everywhereee we go. There was only one good place left to
ride but the gated that off.:(
sry guys for not checking this website often enough. its a lil hard to keep up with both. i mainly stay on floridaatv.com. we had about a 10quad evening/night ride tonight out there. and will be going back out tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the tip about the new riding spot.
I will defiantly be checking it out soon.
If you see this quad out there, flag me down :Y
(http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2686/picture002rj1.jpg)
i saw the 18wheeler at the entrance that you all spoke of. i'm not 100% sure if its still there but i do know that you can go around it. the FLORIDA TRAIL RIDERS drove around it with a big enclosed trailer. i'll try and look out for other ways in.
The State has bought this property and does not plan on making this an ATV park as others have said.
We got written warnings from the rangers on Sunday. They will be putting up no tresspassing signs this week.
I guess Clay county is screwed, no places to ride.
that sucks, thanks for the reply
thank you VFORCE for the update.... i had seen white markings on the trees but wasnt sure why....... i hate to put it this way but i'm gonna be blunt. that place is awesome to ride and myself and the others that i ride out there with 3-5times a week can all ride pretty. hold it to the grip and hang on!!!! lmao but on a serious note we have been spotted out there from helicopters and chased by some rangers long time ago and theres alot of places there trucks cant go..... so we definatly wont stop riding out there anytime soon. im sry i had to say it like that but thats the truth
yamadog, is this place still rideable, I am from jax and we are looking for a new local spot, most of ours have been shut down?
as far as i know this place is still RIDEABLE. we did however find out that if you cross the road on any side...that those places are NOT RIDEABLE!!! lmao....
officially off limits!!!! dont even bother with it anymore. a few buddies are checking on a place near greencove. i'll keep everyone updated.
IS there still ridding out there. im in st aug
no it isn't but a group of us is going to Sand Hill up in Waycross Ga. Sunday
well that sucks we are going to flagler estates on sunday
Man that sucks I've been looking for somewhere to go night riding all summer and I just find this now when it's dead... anywho I'm out in the mandarin area... if anyone finds a place close hit me up I come usually with a group of 6-10... and we're always down for riding...
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead. I live in the 1 mile from this place and haven't rode it in about 6 months, me and a buddy went back there tonight and state has put up nice yellow barriers blocking off the main roads with the nice no ATVs signs on them. I'm a little annoyed by this because I would ride that place once or twice a week and not see a single person back there now this. World is the state is gonna make it a nature preserve and cut a bunch hiking trails and dig a lake for conoers. I'm glad I found this just a little late though if anybody is in the Middleburg/Jax area I'm always open to ride anywhere and make some new friends.
Shawn Martin
If it was a GOLF course that'll be another story,,,,I challenge each ATV or off roader to CALL the state rep at least twice a week and your county commisser 3 times a week untill SOMTING is done about an ATV park in Clay county...They opted not to allow riding on un marked rds....so give all of us a place to ride that you don;t have to travel 75 to 100 miles...Let someone say can we put in a GOLF course in and they are all over that one, the closer the better... >:(
Quote from: YamaDOG660R on July 04, 2007, 04:41:36 PM
for those familar with the area there is a big piece of land between SR21-SR16-CR215. these 3 roads make a triangle and the land between them used to be hunting area but the hunting has since ceased since we ride back there on a daily basis. we have had 20+ ppl on night rides out here in the past. there is lots of trails and a really big hill to climb and even some muddy areas. if anyone would like more info just PM me. i live 1mile from this area and ride it very frequently.
Is it still open now or have they closed it too?
I went back there a couple days ago and it looks like people are riding back there. The big yellow gates were open so somebody with the state was back there doing something. I didnt feel like pushing my luck so I got out of dodge with a quickness, gotta love the Brute Force power.
Quote from: Southern Outlaw on March 02, 2008, 03:06:28 AM
If it was a GOLF course that'll be another story,,,,I challenge each ATV or off roader to CALL the state rep at least twice a week and your county commisser 3 times a week untill SOMTING is done about an ATV park in Clay county...They opted not to allow riding on un marked rds....so give all of us a place to ride that you don;t have to travel 75 to 100 miles...Let someone say can we put in a GOLF course in and they are all over that one, the closer the better... >:(
Maybe we should start riding on their golf courses to get the point across!