Won't see the gas station much anymore. 50-60mpg Was driving down HWY 27 tonight at 50mph and got it to stay between 75-85mpg for about 3 miles. From the entrance of our apartment complex to our parking spots is about .5miles. It never even starts up the gas engine, just usues electric. I am amazed at the technology on this car, HID lights, TouchScreen Audio & A/C Controls, Bluetooth handsfree phone system, Backup camera.
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0652.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0658.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0657.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0655.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0654.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0653.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0651.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0650.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0649.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0646.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0645.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0644.jpg)
(http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/bigscrb15/Prius/DSCN0643.jpg)
It looks great too.
My neighbor just traded his Porsche for one. He is a doctor down in Tampa and needed something with better gas mileage and its a great car. My opinion is you can't beat a Honda or Toyota.
Not big on Foriegn cars, but WAY TO GO!!! Stick it to the oil companies! >:D
It is amazing how much the mileage varies though, if I drive it like I drive all the other cars it only gets about 34-35 in town. There is a special way to drive this car that causes the mileage to go way up. Kinda weird gettin used to, but its fun to see how high you can get the mileage, like a video game.
Still 35mpg is really good.
Can I get that in a pick-em-up truck?
Quote from: dnigels on July 02, 2007, 07:14:59 AM
Can I get that in a pick-em-up truck?
I bet they will have trucks out before long, my truck gets about 13 in town, I been trying to not run A/C as much to save gas.
NICE CAR , nothin like the smell of a brand new car.
yeah I'm waiting for a truck version that can tow 8K pounds, then I'm buying one.
my leaf-lickin boss has one of those, same color and everything and I've riden in it a few times,,,,he drives like a maniac but still gets about 40-45mpg so he says and he drives it mostly highway.
I keep getting car-sick because I kept watching the little screen that tells you where the power is going :-)
Id@
the problem with these car is when it runs out of warratny it will cost alot to fix the battery cell costs over 3000.00 + you need someone that knows how to fix them The Dealer $$$$ you will need a loan its a lot to spend to save alittle in gas time will tell good luck
Quote from: Turboderf on July 02, 2007, 09:01:08 AM
the problem with these car is when it runs out of warratny it will cost alot to fix the battery cell costs over 3000.00 + you need someone that knows how to fix them The Dealer $$$$ you will need a loan its a lot to spend to save alittle in gas time will tell good luck
Thats a pretty big misconception about hybrids. The current price for the battery cell is about $2300. I can think of a lot of other parts that cost more than that. They also have an 8year/120,000mile warranty.
Now, if you just assume gas will stay at the same price for the entire 8 years, look at this. We spent $240/month in fuel on her Explorer. Based on the fuel mileage we are gettin now we will spend about $60-70 a month in the Prius. Figure $180/month savings over the 8year warranty span and you get $17,280. If gas goes up so do my figures, so it's a win win situation. But the $17280 I will save will more than makeup for a $2300 battery pack.
Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 02, 2007, 07:30:40 AM
I keep getting car-sick because I kept watching the little screen that tells you where the power is going :-)
Id@
Thank god I don't get carsick, but I can see a few accidents happening from watching it, lol.
Quote from: dnigels on July 02, 2007, 07:14:59 AM
Can I get that in a pick-em-up truck?
Our 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison diesel gets 18 mpg combined (when not towing the toy hauler).
As for the Prius - I rode in a friend's; the technology is interesting, and it's fun around town, but it doesn't have a lot of oomph for high-speed passing. I also find the silence (it's VERY quiet) unsettling, and that big ol' TV display showing which motor is routing power to/from whichever to be VERY distracting.
Tony
That car will pay for itself in what your saving for gas vs. the truck for sure.
How much did you save on the sticker price? another good thing is, it's good for the environment because it burns less fuel. SAVE THE TREE'S!! Does it come with all around air bags? I saw one in a car crash...it was not pretty at all.
Hey:
Nice going, Hippie! It should save you plenty of money when you travel around the country following the Greatful Dead. How long before you get tie die seat covers?
I'll make sure I keep an eye out for it at the next Rainbow Gathering, ya tree huggin, granola eating, dread lock having, psychedlic drug taking, cheech and chong wannabee!
Looks like we lost another one to the dark side. How long before you trade your ATV for a... (insert hippie device of your choice here)?
You people disgust me!
Peace! :YingYang.gif (NOTE TO MODERATOR, WE NEED A BETTE HIPPIE EMOTICON)
I wish they'd bring back LEADED GAS just to spite you.
Michael row your boat ashore....lol :YingYang.gif
Quote from: UncleRico on July 02, 2007, 09:52:20 PM
Hey:
cheech and chong wannabee!
Hey you leave cheech and chong out of this.
Congrats on the new ride
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on July 02, 2007, 10:40:46 PM
Congrats on the new ride
Thanks! I think I found the only vehicle with higher mileage that the Jetta TDI we originally wanted. Now I am labeled a Hippy Treehugger, shoulda stuck with the TDI and chopped off the emissions control stuff, lol.
Hey Jesus Sandals...
Do you live in Carlton Arms?
Quote from: UncleRico on July 02, 2007, 10:57:20 PM
Hey Jesus Sandals...
Do you live in Carlton Arms?
I knew it was you that keeps slashing my tires!!!
There is always glitter around the truck afterwards and the camera is only picking up some fat guy in a pink tutu. I tried to tell them it was you, but they were scared to go after you and be attacked by the seals.
Enjoy your new ride...even if it doesn't have a place on the dash to put flowers!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
It made me want to buy one for my wife, so I can siffen the gas for my Tahoe when I run out.
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 03, 2007, 11:46:17 AM
Enjoy your new ride...even if it doesn't have a place on the dash to put flowers!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
It made me want to buy one for my wife, so I can siffen the gas for my Tahoe when I run out.
Hey Chino, hows that new job working out for you ?
I'm already looking into a company that cleans yachts in the water using dive gear. The other job required me to have a bigger truck. The majority of their pulls were big boats. My truck has a weight limit of 5000 lbs. It's good money, but the big trucks are too expensive for me. The wife wasn't very happy with me being gone for so long either.
Theres a lot of big boats/yachts in Pinellas,Pasadena,TierraVerde, I was watching a couple of those guys doing that the other day at Pasadena Yacht & Country Club, I was working on floors in a house there. I said to my helper "those guys get paid".
I thought Green Bay was in Wisconsin ................... not in Japan ???
Heading out in the boat today !!! 21 proline w/200 " 2 stroke , smoke blowing everywhere , screw al gore , merc. " I hope to get 2mpg @ 5500 rpm's.
Maybe if i'm lucky , i'll hit a manatee or 2 !!! Harp Seals a'int this far south !! I'll be think'in of ya ;D ;D
Happy 4th everybody !!!!!!!!
DR Walum
That's funny stuff right there.....
Thats Crazy
If that made sence I would say thats crazy.
I dont care if youve turned into a tree huggin leafe licker. I still like you buddy. In fact screw those guys there just jealous youll have more $$$$ for a new ATV. ;D ;)
Quote from: caospop on July 13, 2007, 11:17:26 PM
I dont care if youve turned into a tree huggin leafe licker. I still like you buddy. In fact screw those guys there just jealous youll have more $$$$ for a new ATV. ;D ;)
more money for a new atv? did you miss the wife part? all money goes to her now.
your right... ???