Saturday night, July 7th is Round 2 of the Thunderbowl Speedway Maximum TT Series.
This will be our first night TT race, so it should be a good one!
What time do the gates open?
GATES OPEN AT 1PM
PRACTICE AT 3PM
RACING STARTS AT 5PM
Three-Wheeler TT Racing, coming soon :o
I'm coming for ya Garyboy! ;D
Damn I wanted to go the to the TT race, but hell if I dont have to work Saturday :( Hopefully I can catch the next one. Have fun you guys, hope everyone stays safe!
If anyone has any questions regarding track conditions, weather at the track, or any other questions, please call Rick Dugan @ 352-266-1961. You guys all know him, he rides the white Raptor. You can still call me with questions, but I will be out town for the weekend and I don't know if my phone will work or not where I'm going? I hope to be back to race, but who knows?
Rumor has it that there is some new blood coming into the open class. We will see when they show.
My first try with video...both filming and videoing. It is only the last lap of the main. But I'm learning!
(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Lisbethngary/th_video.jpg) (http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Lisbethngary/?action=view¤t=video.flv)
I'll post pics later today.
I only got pics of the heats...too dark to take pics during the main ;D
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-27.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-26.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-25.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-24.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-23.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-22.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-21.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-20.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-19.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-18.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-17.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-16.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-15.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-14.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-13.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-12.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-11.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-10.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-9.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-8.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-7.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-6.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-5.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-3.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-2.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7-1.jpg)
(http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lazeeakers/7.jpg)
Race results for Round2 of the Maximum TT Series
YOUTH QUAD
1st, #7 Austin Akers, Honda 400EX
2nd, #14 Scott Akers, Honda 400EX
3rd, #96 Chad Dugan, Yamaha Blaster
These kids RACE! The Blaster and the 400's battled it out all day, but the Honda's came out on top.
3 WHEELER
1st, #3 Walter Lewis, Honda 350X
2nd, #22 Billy Golightly, Honda 250R
And you thought these guys were crazy for running on the flat track? You should see them run TT. Definately something to see.
LADIES QUAD
1st, #27 Paige Cowell, Yamaha YFZ450
2nd, #10 Jessica Campo, Honda 400EX
NOVICE QUAD
1st, #27 Paige Cowell, Yamaha YFZ450
2nd, #26 John Dugan, Yamaha YFZ450
3rd, #11 Jeff Davidson, Honda 400EX
Paige won the Ladies class and then decided to take it to the boys as well. She can flat out ride, and it showed.
INTERMEDIATE QUAD
1st, #2 Zach Jacobson, Yamaha YFZ450
2nd, #86 Lyndon Thacker, Honda 450R
3rd, #122 Dale Wright, Yamaha YFZ450
A couple of new guys showed up to run this class, but local racer Zach had his YFZ dialed in and was untouchable. I think once the new guys get set up, Zach may have his hands full!
VET QUAD
1st, #11 John Main, YFZ450
2nd, #3 Justin Bucklew, Suzuki LTR450
3rd, #119 Mike Kohler, Honda 250R
The old guys were bringin' it! This class continues to grow, and the races are always very tight and VERY competitive. The Vet class main was an awesome race with several position changes with John ending up with the win.
OPEN QUAD
1st, #8 Gary Sisson, Suzuki LTR450
2nd, #3 Bud Chancey, Honda 450R
3rd, #12 Wayne Palmer, Yamaha YFZ450
Congrats to Gary for his round 2 win. He's won the past two races, and has proven himself to be the man to beat in the Open class. He won both heats and jumped out to a commanding lead in the main, and held on to it for the whole race. Bud and Wayne both ran extremely well, but just could not run Gary down.
PEE WEE BIKE
1st, #11 Dwayne Smith
2nd, #20 Cordell Moats
3rd, #1 Mitch Harrington
The kids are always the best classes to watch. They give it their all from beginning to end, and it shows.
Another excellent night of racing, some of the best TT racing we've had yet! Several new riders came out which is always good. No accidents or injuries, but several guys had some bad luck with mechanical problems (including me!), but I guess that's racing.
For anyone looking for an extremely competitive, confrontational, and FUN type of racing, come on out and give TT a try. I promise you'll be hooked.
Thanks to everyone who came out.
We had a good time both racing the TT track and visiting with some old friends. Thanks to Tim and Gary for letting us use their tires. I think with a LOT of practice and a TT setup the boys might become a little more competitive. Thanks for letting us give it a run. Time will tell. If we can get a TT quad built then we will give it another try. Thanks again everyone.
I had an awesome time. Its like flat track, but its got some extra excitement mixed in with it. I couldn't get my timing down for the corners worth a crap except for a couple laps in the second heat, then I'd keep getting madder and madder and make more and more mistakes that ended up making it worse >:( It'll take me a few races to run out of excuses and get all my stuff figured out again but I'll get it. Hope all you guys enjoyed watchin us race, maybe we can get some more out there in the future. If you know anyone with a trike laying around, tell them to dig it out and come bang bars with us.