:o
This is round 2 of our speed riders club! if you cant ride fast you cant ride with us.................basically, no site seeing or unecessary stopping with this group! we ride as fast as the terrain will let us and dont take many breaks. we wait at intersections so no one gets lost the its right back in the gas ;D
so whos in?
Can you give me a little more info on where this big scrub place is? Sounds like fun ;D Also, what kind of tires should I bring, throw the 20 inch rears and 22 inch fronts for some clearance, or my MX tires work?
QuoteCan you give me a little more info on where this big scrub place is? Sounds like fun ;D Also, what kind of tires should I bring, throw the 20 inch rears and 22 inch fronts for some clearance, or my MX tires work?
it is in the ocala national forest ...........take the turnpike north to 95 north in jupiter and head north to state road 40 by ormand beach and then go west for about 1hr and you will see a small brown sign that says 588, then go left 8 miles and your there.
its a 3hr drive for me.
you will want the 20s and 22s for this ride! alot of whoops!
Dreth May 7th is a Saturday right? I might be up for it and should know for sure as it get's a bit closer ;)
I am in, someone has to stay if front of you and guide you around the forrest, I know how you Honda guys are, you get lost when the Yamaha is not leading you around. ;)
You know I'm in! That last ride we had was a blast. Gonna be bringing a few up w/ me as well. Like Dreth said... This is all about Spppeeeed! You won't exactly have to be Doug Gust type riders to ride... we do want guys that get an adrenaline rush from zipping through these trails. Don't misunderstand, we will take an occasional brake out in the trails for 5 mins or so, But then it's right back to the business at hand. There's not much down time to this ride. Can't wait til the fat lady starts hummin' ;D.
This sounds like my kind of trail riding ;D I would like to join you guys if you don't mind.
QuoteThis sounds like my kind of trail riding ;D I would like to join you guys if you don't mind.
your more than welcome to come with us!
PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE! keep in mind that a camal back is a necessity! aka.......water bag! we might be out from our cars for a few hours and without water you will be hating life! walmart has them for like $20
QuoteI am in, someone has to stay if front of you and guide you around the forrest, I know how you Honda guys are, you get lost when the Yamaha is not leading you around. ;)
so thats why you yamaha guys are so slow! you spend all your time trying to make up jokes instead of riding ;D
I am in for this one since I could not make the last one. Can't wait. I will try and get a few to come up with me also. Dreth it looks like you might be out numbered by all the Yamaha's .
[smiley=abduct2.gif] [smiley=abduct2.gif]
QuoteI am in for this one since I could not make the last one. Can't wait. I will try and get a few to come up with me also. Dreth it looks like you might be out numbered by all the Yamaha's .
[smiley=abduct2.gif] [smiley=abduct2.gif]
then i wont go home hungry, will i! yammies for breakfast, lunch and dinner ;D lol ;)
sounds like this ride is shaping up nice
I'll probably make it down there. Someones gotta run you down Dreth and help you keep Tony in check [smiley=laugh.gif] Probably have the GF and son with me and send them with the ladies while the big boys go out to play!
BTW who needs 20's and 22's to run the whoops ??? I like my MX tires much better than the XC's down there.
Hmmm, see that there's alot of smack talk on this one. Gonna have to step up my game this time Dreth. Don't want any of these guys to think I can't ride. Stay outta my way fellas ;).
Dreth, out for a few hrs? Those Banshees aren't gonna be able to run that long out there. I think we'd better play it more like a couple of hrs. don't ya think?
Dreth, out for a few hrs? Those Banshees aren't gonna be able to run that long out there. I think we'd better play it more like a couple of hrs. don't ya think?
i know! i was just stressing the point so they have water with them.
i will have to ask that on a ride like this ,that we all have respect for the ride!SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the reason were all interested so if you feel your slowing the guy behind down then please let him by. THANKS!
basically you will all be behind me alllllllllllll daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D
Quotei will have to ask that on a ride like this ,that we all have respect for the ride!SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the reason were all interested so if you feel your slowing the guy behind down then please let him by. THANKS!
basically you will all be behind me alllllllllllll daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D
IN other words if the guy behind you is blurping the throttle at you just move over as not to get run over. lol Good thought though just be respectful of each other.
Them some strong words there brother....don't forget the woods are my home! lol Hopefully you'll be bringing more than those words to eat for lunch! [smiley=laugh.gif]
Quotei will have to ask that on a ride like this ,that we all have respect for the ride!SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the reason were all interested so if you feel your slowing the guy behind down then please let him by. THANKS!
basically you will all be behind me alllllllllllll daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D
Hmmm, Dem sounds like fightin' words. If that is the case... I'll be in your arz like nats on a doggy sack. All joking aside, we need to give each other alil room for error and leave ourselves some room in case mistakes are made. There were a couple of times on the last GP trail ride that Dreth got alil sloppy and had I not been paying attention we both would've bit dust. But like he said earlier... If you're slowing me down I'm all over your rear fenders [smiley=banghead.gif]
Somehow I get the feelin this is gonna be one wild n crazy ride!!! Can't Wait ;D
This is gonna be fun! Been a while since I went on a WFO trail ride. I think the last time was before the last Rodman when me, Dreth and T2 opened them up and just think I wasn't even comfortable on the 400 yet. ;)
Hopefully it'll rain alil to keep some of the dust down. Don't know exactly how many we'll have but it could get really dusty if the sand is pretty dry.
Yes, hopefully it won't be too dry/dusty Rob. If so I know we will all be fighting to get out of the dust and into the lead :P
QuoteYes, hopefully it won't be too dry/dusty Rob. If so I know we will all be fighting to get out of the dust and into the lead :P
If its dusty that means you have ride closer and faster and keep an eye on that tail light. Back off more than 5 feet and you have to slow down till the dust clears. So stay on em and hopefully the person in front of you dont wreck. Cause once one goes down at those speeds they all follow right behind him. That is my kind of riding. I wish I could make it.
Maybe the next one
I should be able to make this one. How far out from Scrub did you guys go?? Felix.
QuoteI should be able to make this one. How far out from Scrub did you guys go?? Felix.
We pretty much just pick a trail and go. Just follow the lead man full throttle. We get back pretty deep to avoid the traffic that you get closer towards the lines.
Man this stinks . Im not gunna be able to make this ride. I have to work on saturdays. well maybe next time :'(
QuoteMan this stinks . Im not gunna be able to make this ride. I have to work on saturdays. well maybe next time :'(
sorry to hear that ???
I think you might be sick that day. its called cycleitis. ;)
LOL I wish that would work. ;D
That sucks Dave! We kinda wanted to do the Saturday deal this time b/c of all the traffic and it always seems to me that the Rangers are more active on Sundays. Anyone else notice this? Might just be me? ::)
Well boys I must get in on this. Leave the wife at home and get to ride fast in the wood. Cant wait. ;D
Well so far we have the following speed demons......
Dreth
Ride1Rob
Eruption
01ZX12R
Hollywood
eric
T2Raptor
Flea_Jumper
anyone else??? 8)
Eruption, I'll be up w/ 2 and possibly 2 others with us.
I'll be there, this looks to good to miss. See ya there!!
hello to all i am looking at your SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD ride at BIG SCRUB in may i was wondering if i can join yall? just tell me where at big scrub and what time to be there and any more info that you may want to give thanks orange 1
Quotehello to all i am looking at your SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD ride at BIG SCRUB in may i was wondering if i can join yall? just tell me where at big scrub and what time to be there and any more info that you may want to give thanks orange 1
Last ride we met at the entry point of the scrub camp ground. We parked there at the stop sign under the power lines. Guess we'll have to wait to see when Dreth wants to roll out as far as time is concerned. Just keep checking back and you're more than welcome ;).
im thinking we try to get there by 930am, and actually pull out for the speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed ride by 1030am on the dot! sound ok to everyone?
OK 10:30 sounds good to me tell me what should i bring anything special besides the norm. then add me to the list unless something comes up that i have to change thanks orange 1
Sounds like a plan to me. Ready to try out the new suspension on the Raptor, I think this will be a good test.
What suspension did you put on the Raptor?
LSR a arms and a set of Elkas, the rear is still stock.
QuoteOK 10:30 sounds good to me tell me what should i bring anything special besides the norm. then add me to the list unless something comes up that i have to change thanks orange 1
you need a camel back for water, some food for lunch, some extra fuel at the trucks, and some baby wipes to get the dirt off your face when you leave, or water and a wash rag!
I think the onle people who need the baby wipes, are the people who ride Hondas, Whoops did I say that out loud! ;)
JK Bro this wouldn't be a speed ride if there were no trash talking going on. ;D
i geuss you got on that 1 :o
my wife made this for me so i can keep the dust off my face when you fast guys go by me [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
shes real handy :o
it is velcrowed on so it can be removed and washed ;D
for real though! this is all you will see ;Dthe back of my head :o and thats why i showed you the front in advance [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
yeah i like that one bandit style............ that ill work like that roost pic on the background bud.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Quoteyeah i like that one bandit style............ that ill work like that roost pic on the background bud.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thanks lawn man ;D
I may not be able to make this one >:(. 1st it was my bike acting up after I readjusted my valves. Got it all worked out and running and now my damn truck is having problems. Took it to the Chevrolet dealership and driving it off of the lot the damn thing wouldn't even change gears. Turned right back around and took it back to them. Should have the problem fixed b/f next w/e though but you never know. Anyone from Polk County heading up w/ room to spare ??? We'll see what happens in the next few days...
I would like to join in on this ride, it sounds like a blast!
I also have 2 friends that are coming with.
Bring them along ;). Looks as if I'm in the clear... picked up the Tahoe today and she's running superb. Can't wait til next w/e to ride like a maniac. You fellas gettin' ready?
Glad to hear the good news Ride1Rob ;D
QuoteI also have 2 friends that are coming with.
Come on and join us it should be a great time. New axle and carrier are in the quad so I am rolling again[smiley=EvilSmile.gif] Probably get you to bring those shocks with you too. ;)
last weekend on the trails i had a tree limb come up through my a-arms and into my shocks so i took care of that problem
i have the rear swing arm and frame plate on the way
im ready ;D
Hollywood, No problem on the shocks, I'll throw them in the truck.
Dreth, where do you store your bike? (the kitchen) I see the tile on the floor. When I used to road race, my bike sat in the hall way at my house. Rode it right out of the trailer into the house through the front door.
Well I guess your kitchen is outside (closer look reveals the brick and trees) LOL I guess I better look at the pic closer before I open my mouth....
thse are brick pavers in my driveway ;D
Might have several more boys coming from the Tampa area. JP called me last night and he wants in. ;D
I will be there! Looking forward to riding Long, Hard and Fast!
QuoteI will be there! Looking forward to riding Long, Hard and Fast!
Ummm, that doesn't sound right comming from a guy :-/... Looks like this ride is gonna be huge. Guys, if you're gonna try and stay up w/ Myself, Dreth, ZX12R and Hollywood make sure make sure your bikes are in good running condition. They'll be pretty winded when it's all said and done.
QUESTION? does anybody have a GPS so we DON'T get lost i don't have one i won't be leading if yall do follow me we WILL be lost then thats just a though from me orange 1
you can only guell what i'm riding "LOL"
I'm putting in a new spark plug, and some fresh oil tomorrow.It's all stock,but I ride it like I stole it.See Ya.
we will have a GPS so dont worry about getting lost! i wont get lost so if you can keep up with my dust cloud you should be ok :o dont be shocked! i can talk smack too ;D yall will be lucky if you can keep up with my shadow [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif]
I don't know if anyone has one. Honestly... we don't sweat where we are. we just pick a trail and go where ever it takes us. Somehow we always find our way back w/ no problem. GPS would be good though b/c you never know what may happen out in that forest. Anybody w/ a GPS?
Just be sure that your coolant levels are good and if it needs changing do it, check oil levels and how much time is on the oil already , check plugs, tire pressure (Run mine alil soft due to the rough terrain on some trails) *IF YOU'RE NOT SURE WAIT TIL WE GET ON THE RIDE B/F YOU LET ANY OUT SO THAT YOU CAN ADJUST ACCORDINGLY. Make sure that your air filter is fresh and clean (Hopefully it'll rain a couple days b/f) Bring more than enough gas, Bring food and something to drink. If you don't have a helmet and goggles, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU RIDE ON THE SLOW RIDE!
W/ so many bikes on this ride someone needs to designate themselves as the trail bike or the thumbs up bike. We don't need to lose anyone out in the trails.
Quotewe will have a GPS so dont worry about getting lost! i wont get lost so if you can keep up with my the dust cloud you should be ok :o dont be shocked! i can talk smack too ;D yall will be lucky if you can keep up with my shadow [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=bow.gif]
I'll be so close to you that you're gonna think we're ridin' 2up ;).
Ok all this smack talk is great we will see whos in the front of this pack leading the way. Did I forget to mention thats Me, I strongly suggest you guys better start riding and practicing all week so all of you are warmed up for the ride, I dont want any excuses on why you guys eate some much dirt. That was a great Idea Dreth on the mask you will need it. ; ;)
Oh this is going to be fun cant wait see you fellas there!!
QuoteOk all this smack talk is great we will see whos in the front of this pack leading the way. Did I forget to mention thats Me, I strongly suggest you guys better start riding and practicing all week so all of you are warmed up for the ride, I dont want any excuses on why you guys eate some much dirt. That was a great Idea Dreth on the mask you will need it. ; ;)
Oh this is going to be fun cant wait see you fellas there!!
hope you get all them lame jetting i mean lean jetting excuses damnit issues all worked out and what other excuses i mean issues arise! :P
sorry i can not type too well its a lil late
Its ok kid you type like you ride, slow and out of control, see you there ;) Thats just what I expect from a guy who rides a Honda, excuses a week before the ride.
[smiley=Cry.gif] I wanna go!! Got to work though.
Gave mine a work out at Rodman yesterday 26 miles and readjusted everything so we are good to go, I swear though the whoops at Rodman are getting worse than Scrubb at least the ones at scrub are big and spaced out. I'll have my GPS too so no need to worry about getting lost.
I have gps as well as a couple of 2 way radios I can bring!
So are there going to be any other girls that can hang for this one or am I going to be the lone ranger!
[smiley=Cool.gif]
I am sure dirtygrl80 would have joined you...but appointments were made before the ride was posted....
QuoteSo are there going to be any other girls that can hang for this one or am I going to be the lone ranger!
Hey Kristen,
Seeing how you rode that Raptor really well at Rodman I think you will fit in just fine but it would be nice to see some ladies on sport quads come out and challenge us guy's on the trails ;)
if all goes as i plan i will be home on the couch while yall are still waiting for the dust to clear :o
If i can get my back brake to work properly by then, il probly be comin, got my dust mask this time ;D
Put me down on the list, I'll be their. The yfz is down so I'll be their on the cannonbomb.
Boy i'll tell you what DRETH can sure talk the smack (LOL) thats OK if he messes up any we can sure mess with him about it give us something to laugh at & never let him live it down. I can't talk any smack my machine is stock but like they say "SIZE DOES MATTER"
orange 1
I sure wish this rain was comming next friday!
QuoteI can't talk any smack my machine is stock but like they say "SIZE DOES MATTER"
orange 1
You can't talk smack b/c you have a stock bike? What are you riding on? On this type of ride, size of the motor really doesn't matter. This is basically a matter of the size of your balls. How crazy are you to try and stay up w/ us loonies.
thats right, its all about the b@llz to keep up with us loonies ;D
OK! Its going to get hot so i say that we ride hard till 1:30 pm and then meet at the vehicles for some lunch around 2pm! eat, then grab our swim suits and head to blue sink for some cooling off before we head home. let me know your thoughts on this!
Dreth that sounds like a good plan. Any ideal of how many people are going on the SPEEEEEEEEEEEED ride? how many was on the last ride ? i'm looking foward to this ride i just hope i can keep up cause yall are soooooooooooooo fast & have such BIG boollls. Dreth's plan sounds good to me
we had 6 at the last ride and it looks like we will have atleast 10 to 15 taking into consideration a few always drop out do to unexpected things.
and as far as all the smack talk is concerned, we are just kidding around so dont take offense
list of possibles
DRETH
T2RAPTOR
RIDE1ROB
FLEAJUMPER.....with friends
ERUPTION
01ZX12R
HOLLYWOOD
ERIC
FELIX_Z-4
BIGORANGE
BLINDKAETA
MUDRAT
RAPTORBABE82
ATVTRAILER
HOLESHOT36
Hey, remember... I'm also bringin' 2 and possible 3 guys w/ me. Man I hope that it rains thursday or friday so that the vision won't be bad.
Took my bike out and rode it (Hard) for the first time since I made the adjustments to my bike (Elkas, Valve adjustments, and another GYT-R pipe) Gonna have to play w/ the shock adjustments b/c It seems almost like a different bike. Definitely running stronger and smoother ;D.
think u mispelled my sn or left me off???
Posted by: dreth Posted on: Today at 6:09pm
list of possibles
DRETH
T2RAPTOR
RIDE1ROB
FLEAJUMPER.....with friends
ERUPTION
01ZX12R
HOLLYWOOD
ERIC
FELIX_Z-4
BIGORANGE
BLINDKAETA
MUDRAT
RAPTORBABE82
ATVTRAILEO
HOLESHOT36
Barring anything major between now and then I'll be there. Just a word to the wise for those who have not been on a ride like this before......if we get started and you can't keep up don't be afraid to head back and ride with the slower group it will be a lot more fun than us hauling you and your quad back in pieces! It will be pretty much WFO the whole time just Lean back and Pin it! Just don't want to see anyone get hurt for riding beyond their abilities. Now Let's Get It On! Right now I am just hoping for my Rev Box to get back from Dyna in time cause I am sure missing that extra 1k RPM's :'(
Good advise Hollywood. But at the same time remember that you can always go at your own fast pace. You don't have to be right up there w/ the Loonie crew. More than sure w/ this big of a ride that there will be different paced groups and remember that we stop at all Forks, intersections, etc... to wait on the rest so that we don't get seperated. Kinda why I like an experienced leader at the front that remembers the rest of the crew behind him/her.
QuoteOK! Its going to get hot so i say that we ride hard till 1:30 pm and then meet at the vehicles for some lunch around 2pm! eat, then grab our swim suits and head to blue sink for some cooling off before we head home. let me know your thoughts on this!
8)
Quoteremember that we stop at all Forks, intersections, etc... to wait on the rest so that we don't get seperated. Kinda why I like an experienced leader at the front that remembers the rest of the crew behind him/her.
Stopping at all forks is a great idea. We do it on all group rides. It's not so much the leader, it's more a matter of each person remembering that there is a person behind them. Everyone needs to keep glancing back if the person behind you is gone then stop. everyone will realize very soon. If anyone gets seperated from the pack then just stop and the pack will come back for you. Just remember to never leave the trail you were on.
and if you have to back track please do so with caution incase they are just playing ketchup ! you dont want a blind corner collision
im not trying to scare anyone away but it will be EXXXXXXXXXTREMELY dusty ! if you feel uneasy after the firts little trial burst we do ,then when we stop to check on everyone dont feel obligated to keep going because it will only get worse! unless everyone is less than 4 feet from the guy in front of him vision will be limited!
Rob is right we deffinately don't all have to run WFO the whole time I am sure there will be a time when I get tired and fall to the back of the pack to rest. It is always a good idea to stop at any intersections to allow the group to catch up. It is the only way not to lose people when on a group ride.
Good call Dreth we might wait till we get there and see how the dust is if it's real bad we may want to take the longer trails in groups of say 4 at a time. One group goes as soon as the dust clears the next can follow.
May not be that dusty at all. Forecast for this week...(40% chance of rain tomorrow/ 50% chance on thursday) That'll keep the dust down tremendously. Seems like we may get what we hoped for.
As far as glancing back and checking on the guy behind you. We won't get very far like that on this type of ride. There's no way all 15 guys (Or more) are going to stay in contact w/ each other through the trails. We'd have to stop every few hundred yards are so.
If it is dusty, I think Hollywoods idea is great. We run the Loonie group 1st and when the dust settles we run a few more. But we may have 6/7 guys (if not more) that want to run in the Loonie group??
Count me in for the loonies!
I'm down for the loonies ;D
this past weekend while at scrub i did a 61.9 mph run over the power line whoops :o geuss that means im riding in the back ;D
I've seen blasters go faster than that. LOL 8)
Sorry man, had to bust your balls on that one!
well i got my brake fixed ;D ;D ;D ;D so looks like il be coming :D
Count me in....New to the site and look forward to some trail blaz'in.
Rain chances went up to 60% tomorrow, 50% thursday, and 30% friday. Who's still showing up if it's a possibilty of rain on Saturday? I AM!!! Won't have to worry about the slightest bit of dust then ;D.
I'm in no matter what the weather is! ;)
im still in too! front that is ;)
il ride in the rain, id actually perfer it because then no dust ;D
I'll still go, if it rains to hard i'll just drive the whole 10 minutes back to the house.
QuoteI'll still go, if it rains to hard i'll just drive the whole 10 minutes back to the house.
you lucky dog ;)
Weather is looking great for this ride. Might not be dusty either if it rains Friday ;D
Thursday Night: Showers ending.
Friday: A few leftover showers, but otherwise partly cloudy.
Friday Night: Clearing and turning cool.
Saturday: Mostly sunny skies high temp around 80 degrees
should be stupindous ;D
Okay so what time and where is everybody meeting.
i wanted to go to this one but i will not be able to make it i am in michigan right now and i am scheduled to fly back to florida sat. afternoon so ill have to deal with it. maybe ill go the next weekend.
shawn
I'll be there rain or shine. see ya!!
9:30 am is the meeting time but we will not leave till every one has arrived or 10:30 which ever comes 1st
I'll be there around 9:45ish. Thought that I had a couple coming w/ me but I guess they got scared b/c I told them guys were coming from everywhere for this one. Still gonna meet a couple more guys from Debary up there that I told about the ride. 1 MORE DAY LADIES ;D
So are we meeting at the campground, or on the power lines before you get to the camp.
my mom sais i can go as long as i know how to get there
eric said to take 40 east from ocala, and take a right on 488 til i see big scrub campground, is this correct?
Quotemy mom sais i can go as long as i know how to get there
eric said to take 40 east from ocala, and take a right on 488 til i see big scrub campground, is this correct?
It's a right onto 588..lol If you come to 19 you went a few miles too far just turn around and go back west on 40 and you should see the Big Scrub sign. The road starts off paved and turns to dirt. Take the road maybe 7 miles south and you should pass the campground on your right.
under power lines by camp ground
QuoteSo are we meeting at the campground, or on the power lines before you get to the camp.
under power lines by camp ground
is there an easier way to get to scrub from where im at other than goin up to 40 and comin down on 488? im north of tampa and south of dunellon/ocala, il come up 200 to get to 40
I'll be there around 9:30 if not before. ;D
Quoteis there an easier way to get to scrub from where im at other than goin up to 40 and comin down on 488? im north of tampa and south of dunellon/ocala, il come up 200 to get to 40
The best way for you is to take 1-75 and take the exit off at wildwood-you'll be on 44, then take a left on 301 and take 301 till 42, take a right on 42 and take that down till 588 on left had side(small sign on right, clay road). 588 will take you straight to the campground.
Quoteis there an easier way to get to scrub from where im at other than goin up to 40 and comin down on 488? im north of tampa and south of dunellon/ocala, il come up 200 to get to 40
From Lecanto you would take 44 east thru Inverness. Stay on 44 untill you get to Wildwood. In Wildwood you will come to HWY 301. Go left(north) on 301 for 10 miles untill you come to HWY 42. Take a right (east) on 42 for 15 to 17 miles. Look for a sign that says Big Bass Campground. The road you will turn on is on the left and is a dirt road(588 ). 588 will take you right into Big Scrubb. I hope this helps.
I am not sure if I will be able to make this one but I will know for sure tonight.
Can he stay on 44 and go through Leesburgh? I go up 27 and make a right onto 44 in Leesburgh. If so, I was going to say that he could meet me there and follow me in.
ok, thanks for the directions, im pretty sure i can make it, il show my mom the directions tonight, if so, il probly be leavin here around 7-730, so i should be there no later than 9-930
i am on my way there right now, ok , im stopping at t2s house for a party and we will be there around 9am ;D bring cash cause i dont accept american express ;D
Hope to see everyone there early. The ground in soaked so no dust at least early on in the day.
Current forecast:
Friday Night: Clear.
Saturday: Bright sunshine. Wind from the northeast 10 mph.
I'll be there around 9:30ish, will be parking @ campground.Keep an eye out '05 white grand cherokee w/ yellow Z & red 400ex. See ya!! Felix..
QuoteI'll be there around 9:30ish, will be parking @ campground.Keep an eye out '05 white grand cherokee w/ yellow Z & red 400ex. See ya!! Felix..
You should be able to find a few of us parked under the lines right outside Scrub alongside 588/573. I drive a small white chevy s-10 and have a yellow 05' Z400. See you there ;)
QuoteYou should be able to find a few of us parked under the lines right outside Scrub alongside 588/573. I drive a small white chevy s-10 and have a yellow 05' Z400. See you there ;)
10-4
il probly be parked near eric, i have a green dodge 1500 regular cab with a yellow 400ex
hopin to leave here around 730 or so, so i should be there no later than 9 or 930
I will be in a 03 Red F350 Crew Cab, w/ 2 Raptors. Final countdown has arrived. its time to ride.
[smiley=dunno.gif]
Rats we cant go til the 22nd.................
I'll be there around 8-8:30 my quadracer is barely broken in...want to get some ride time before hittin the trails.
I drive black 02 F250. I'll be parked under the power lines near big scrub...look forward to riding with y"all. 8)
See you ladies in a bit ;D
I heard that Hollywood hit a washout on the powerlines today and got thrown into a tree. From what I understand, He's ok but very sore. I think he might be going for x-rays. Let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Get well soon man, sorry to hear that kinda news :-/
Hey, this is Ashley (SkyHighT100). Yeah, Hollywood took a bit of a beating today, lol. Those washouts come pretty fast... and so did the tree. He's got a bent rear rim and a destroyed front bumper. As for his physical status, he's got some nice scrapes and a messed up arm (muscle bruising most likely). His left arm muscle was so tight it was about twice the size of the right one.... You looked quite ripped today, lol. I sat with him for about an hour while Scooter went to find Hollywood's girlfriend (sorry, I forgot her name) and it was obvious that the arm wasnt too comfortable ;). Hopefully Id@-man's "Emeregency Kit" helped a little, lol. Anyway, hope everything went well with the X-ray Steve... and that you got pleanty of Darvesettes (sp) to ease the pain, haha.
Also, Id@ took quite a beating too... hope the leg's feeling better (I want bruise pictures!). Nice meeting up with you guys again.... See you all again soon.
Nice to meet everyone that showed up today, wish the day would of gone better with no quads or people bein injured, but i guess it happens, gotta live with it and hope we all can heal
hope u feel better steve
Steve hope your doing better bro? As bad as it was it could of been so much worse. Guess it was just that kind of day since after that we had a tire puncture, pipe fall off, head gasket go, and a bent rim. It was great to meet and ride with some old and new faces and the weather was about perfect. Hope to ride with you all again soon ;)
Forgot to mention Ride1Rob bent a tierod as well, and a few more things just cant remember right now. But all and all it turned out to be a speeeeed ride thats for sure. It was a great day. Big pimping hop the pain goes away soon, you have some nice battle scars to remember this day. ;)
Hey guys it was great finally putting a face with the name. Hollywood, I hope everything is okay with the arm and the rest of your bumps and bruises... Man them trees just do move when you want them too.
Dreath, thanks for putting this ride together it was a blast other than the unforseen circumstances.
I hope everybody got home okay, see ya next time...
Yeah, I had a blast today as well. Just walked in the door and unloaded everything out of the truck. Would've been home hrs ago but stopped by ZX12R's shop to do some work on my brakes. I'll post the pics after I wash my arse ;). There are buuuunch of them too.
I am still alive and kickin' very very very sore but alive by the Grace of God! Just like Eric said it could have been much worse......not many people hit trees head on at that speed and still walk away. Thanks Ida and Dreth for the emergency pain relief and V-force for letting me ride that Cadilac back there's no way I could have worked a clutch. ;) Big thanks to Scooter for hunting down Candice in the slow group for me and to Ash for the company in my time of pain. lol As far as the damage report I've got a rear rim that's toast, air shroud, deffinately the bumper, soon as I get the bumper cut out of the way I'll have a better idea on the frame still unsure about it. I haven't been for X-Rays yet going to stick it out till morning since I am feeling a good bit better and see how the arm is then before I make a decision it's pretty mobile so I really think it's just muscle that's hurt. It's my hip that is really hurting me at this point guess it hit the tree pretty good too. Got some pretty good pics of the quad and me I'll get up a little later. Thanks everybody for the kind words and all the help out there on the trail. Now back to the couch it doesn't hurt when I don't move! ;D BTW anyone get a picture of that tree? It took quite a beating too! LMAO
The shower never felt better. lol Guys today was a blast look forward to getting together for the next speeeeeeeed ride. Hope everyone heels up kwik.
geuss its my turn! hollywood, hollywood, hollywood! something tells me that today was not the type of hollywood like attention you meant ::) you are 1 tuff dude, that tree was so mad that he told all his tree friends to try to take the rest of us out as well! them trees jumped out in front of chaze, felix_z4s friend and i think terrapy. one ate t2s tire. one took a bite outa my nerf bar. one grappled ride1robs tire rod. the pipe monster ate holeshot36s exhuast . them trees were mad at you! i would be to if you hit me at 40 mph ;D
it was a great ride that you missed so we will have to do it again so you can get in on the action ;)
Good to hear your arm is starting to feel better hollywood. Had a great time, well until my silencer broke off anyways. Can't wait till the next ride.
i would like to say thanks to all that showed up for our fun! sorry for all the break downs and crashes but i geuss that comes with the territory :o. raptorbabe86, we lost you and heard that you showed up back at the vehicles so we rode on. we really pulled together to help with all the repairs and still had fun. we will do it again. now lets see some pics, im going to bed
Def. had a great time. Nice meeting everyone.Ready for the next one.
Guys, here the link for the pics. http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=readersrides;action=display;num=1115521878
It was good seeing everyone and riding, I would have gone with you all, but my ute just wouldn't keep up. Hope everyone heals up ok. It was a good day for riding, for most anyway.
blah one of these days ill be able to keep up enough for one of these rides! :-[
Hey...it was great to meet and ride with ya'll. Glad to hear your doing OK Hollywood, hope you heel in time for the next speeed run. As for me, I avoided all them mad trees but had to nurse my quad back from the pit. Took it apart last night and found that the end of my "new" ??? crankshaft sheared off and the peices got in the clutch basket....what a mess. >:(
I"ll have it back together for the next ride. 8)
I just wanted to say THANKS for all the GREAT GUYS & girl that showed up at the SPEEEEEED ride i had a fun time. HOLLYWOOD I hope you get better soon i didn't know that you was a TREE HUGGER "LOL" i know we didn't ride that far but we did ride HARD . It was nice meeting all the people there if yall do another ride i will try my best to be there thanks................. ORANGE 1