ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: FoxHondaRider on June 16, 2007, 07:06:14 PM

Title: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: FoxHondaRider on June 16, 2007, 07:06:14 PM
Ok is there any changes on the 2008 400EX?  On the Honda website everyother model is 2008 but the 400EX they have not posted a 400EX as 2008.  Only that quad is 2007 on the site.   I was just wondering if they will be making any changes?
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Bigscrb15 on June 17, 2007, 01:15:24 AM
maybe they stopped making it.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: FoxHondaRider on June 17, 2007, 03:10:29 AM
that would suck.  I'm thinking they are redesigning it.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Chillinthemost on June 17, 2007, 03:21:55 AM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 17, 2007, 03:10:29 AM
that would suck.  I'm thinking they are redesigning it.
I doubt it, its not really needed.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Bigscrb15 on June 17, 2007, 03:29:32 AM
I read on another website that Honda will be releasing other new models in September and will probably release the 400ex then also with reverse, or it will be discontinued.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Chillinthemost on June 17, 2007, 03:43:48 AM
It already has reverse. I bet they drop it. Why would you buy a 400 when they make a 450. 
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 17, 2007, 03:46:13 AM
Prob discontinued... sorta lost its nitch.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Bigscrb15 on June 17, 2007, 03:53:41 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 17, 2007, 03:43:48 AM
It already has reverse. I bet they drop it. Why would you buy a 400 when they make a 450. 

oh, guess thats what i get for copying off some site i found on google. didnt even research it.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: FoxHondaRider on June 17, 2007, 05:30:30 PM
well most don't want a 450 because its more maintenance.  Suzuki's 400 has more features such as gas shocks.  Others also have a bit more HP.  Thats why I was wondering if Honda was redesigning it maybe to compete with others.   
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Cory1020 on June 17, 2007, 09:42:36 PM
more than likely they are redesigning it, they always delay the redesigned models and released the models with minimal changes. Its what they ALWAYS do.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: FoxHondaRider on June 17, 2007, 10:07:41 PM
well lets hope for a actual 400cc engine and gas shocks.  Thats really the only way to improve that unless you put LED lights in or something. 
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: FoxHondaRider on June 18, 2007, 09:46:24 PM
liquid cooling or a bigger oil cooler might be nice too
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: Fox17 on June 19, 2007, 12:07:22 AM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 18, 2007, 09:46:24 PM
liquid cooling or a bigger oil cooler might be nice too

maybe a bigger oil cooler but water-cooling it would defeat the purpose of a bulletproof, easy to maintain engine.
Title: Re: 2008 Honda 400EX?
Post by: FoxHondaRider on June 19, 2007, 12:32:44 AM
very true, Honda's are bulletproof unless you open the engine and mess with it.  Bigger oil cooler & gas shocks is all I would want them to improve.  Oil cooler not so much but it would be better.  I love my 400ex because it handles anything and I barely have any maintenance to do on it.  You can beat Honda's and they will still run like a top.