My red 2006 F-150 super-crew was broken into at 8th & 157th Fri 15 Jun between 11:30-2:30. I was parked on 8th right next to the dirt road. Someone tossed a big rock through the front passenger window. Apparantly they got scared off because only 2 helmets were taken. My glove box was open but my PDA and keys to a 2007 Nessan Altima were untouched. I had a Cannon digital camera in the back seat untouched. The keys to the truck and locks on the trailer were under the driver's seat. I was extreemely lucky this time but will definitely be more vigilant from now on. If I spot someone messing with my truck at any of the popular riding areas, I will either shoot or beat them, which ever is appropriate. I work hard for my toys and I will definitely f someone up messing with them. >:(
sorry to hear about it. i feel the same way
dang man...sorry that happened and i too feel the same way
thats sucks dude. That happened to some friends of mine a few years ago when we used to park and ride near Miramar and I75. Several cars got broken into there. I dont think it would be anyone who is out there riding and enjoying the same things we do. its probably some local punk kids that live in the area. I would beat there ass with a stick if I catch them messing with anyones stuff :X. it wouldnt be a bad idea to set them up, and catch them in the act.
Sorry bro, I hate a damn thief!!!
Thanks bros. My window was replaced yesterday (thanks GEICO) and I had a new alam system installed. Next time someone touches my truck its gonna get noisy. I just hope i catch these scumbags in the act or riding around wearing one of my helmets. I can't stand thieves.
Quote from: TNTaylor on June 16, 2007, 02:54:19 PM
My red 2006 F-150 super-crew was broken into at 8th & 157th Sat 16 Jun between 11:30-2:30. I was parked on 8th right next to the dirt road. Someone tossed a big rock through the front passenger window. Apparantly they got scared off because only 2 helmets were taken. My glove box was open but my PDA and keys to a 2007 Nessan Altima were untouched. I had a Cannon digital camera in the back seat untouched. The keys to the truck and locks on the trailer were under the driver's seat. I was extreemely lucky this time but will definitely be more vigilant from now on. If I spot someone messing with my truck at any of the popular riding areas, I will either shoot or beat them, which ever is appropriate. I work hard for my toys and I will definitely f someone up messing with them. >:(
Sorry to hear, I too will be carefull at 8th
as to shoot or beat up I feal were getting to old to
roll around in the dirt with a**holes and sc*mbags
so please save your energy and shoot there a**
why do you park off 8th street and not inside by the lake? off 8th it's an easy target for every dumbass driving by.
Yea, I learned the hard way. From now on, I'll be parking back by the lake. We've been parking on 8th, but always on the weekend, this was the 1st time on a weekday. I'm proposing we have an open season on theives, with no limit on how many we take.
Taylor,
I was there around that time. My white Expedition was parked on the street in front of my buddies blue Tundra. Behind us was another truck and a full size van with some graphics on the side.I did not see your truck were I was parked. Were you parked west of the entrance by the Hummer? Only people I saw was some knuckle head in a S-10 suck on the that gravel hill right inside the entrance. He was in front of a white F-150 dumping big pieces of coral rock into the woods. Was there a piece of coral rock in your front seat? I was with three other people, I was on a red Polaris my buddies were on a red Brute and a grey Polaris and a brown Honda rancher. I did see a guy come from the area of the Hummer on a silver Polaris 800 hauling butt down the side of highway. Hope this helps
Thanks Keeter. This was on Friday, 15 Jun. We left around 2:30 and there were no other vehicles around. Someone or something spooked them because they split without taking anything but my glove compartment and center were open but nothing taken. I was fortunate this time getting away with only a $50 (Deductible) loss replacing the window. Yes, there was a large piece of coral rock laying on my seat with glass shattered throughout the cabin.
DuH! I thought you wrote Saturday, my bad. ???
That really sucks. That was the first thing someone warned me about when I said I was going there the first time. One of the prices we pay to live in paradise.
Yea, live & learn. I'll be a lot more vigilant from now on watching not only my own gear but everyone around me too. If I catch a thief, there will be a serious beat down and then I may drag the scum through some mud holes. I'll be back at 8th & 157 this Saturday. That place is too much fun to let let a thief run me off.
Quote from: TNTaylor on June 18, 2007, 11:12:37 AM
Yea, I learned the hard way. From now on, I'll be parking back by the lake. We've been parking on 8th, but always on the weekend, this was the 1st time on a weekday. I'm proposing we have an open season on theives, with no limit on how many we take.
No size limit either