i was thinking of our next mx group ride being at hard rock mx in ocala! either the 11th , 18th, or 25th! which is best for you?
LETS DO IT!!!! Any of the dates would be fine with me ;D I'm definetly feelin a huge group ride through the rollercoaster ;D
I'll be their! Any of those dates is fine with me to.
The 11th and the 18th work for me, I have to work on the 25th. I would purfer to go on the 18th though. Because I get off shift on the 11th, so I might not get any sleep the night B4. Either way I am on either of those dates except the 25th.
If you guys go on the 18th I can go. Have to work on the 11th and I'll be on my vacation on the 25th.
looks like the 18th so far! i will wait the rest of our usuals before its final
Is it strickly mx or is there areas for utility quads?
I think you'll be able to fit a Utility through the easy trails, and you could ride on the rollercoster.
QuoteIs it strickly mx or is there areas for utility quads?
its more mx than anything.
Quotelooks like the 11th so far! i will wait the rest of our usuals before its final
Guess that excludes me...
what about for the beginners in the crowd?
would this be a decent track to test out my non-MX skills?
Id@
put me down for the 11th sounds good buddy ;D ;D ;D ;D
Either date is fine with me. should have my quad back together by then.
I've never been there...and it's been over 10 yrs since being on the track. This should be very interesting... :o :D
QuoteGuess that excludes me...
I AM SORRY ROB! I MIS TYPED! I MEANT THE 18TH ;D
That sounds alot better the 18th, whats a group ride without Ride1Rob cheering us on and pushing us to the limit. 8)
the 18th is good too should be a fun time ;D
I'll be making that one also. Hey guys. Dont forget about the ride on the 21st of this month at Hardrock also.
dang guys.... i want to say i will have mine done by the 18th or 25th. i encountered another problem tonight while puttin the motor together. the kid that had it before me blew it up and the crank busted the whole front of the motor off and the right side case got bent on one of the very bottom tabs and when i went to install it on the centewr case it was off the center case not even a 1/16 of an inch and when i tightened it slowly it cracked because its molded aluminum!!!! now i gotta buy more parts!!!!
18th sounds good 2 me.. Whats wrong Rob you aren't afraid of a little MX track r u? Don't worry I will be right there with u rolling them doubles and triples. LOL just bustin ur ballzzzz. At least if we go next weekend we will have a little more practice so we can keep up with BIG DOG DRETH on the 18th.
18th Is good for me!
what time is everyone gonna go because we are talking about next week right?
how much will it cost me to get in and ride?
Id@
Just got finished talking to Hard Rock. Gates should be opened by 9:30am. Fee to ride is 25.00 for non members and 20.00 for members.
I believe that this post if for next month but yes we are going next weekend also.
Later
QuoteJust got finished talking to Hard Rock. Gates should be opened by 9:30am. Fee to ride is 25.00 for non members and 20.00 for members.
I believe that this post if for next month but yes we are going next weekend also.
Later
i tried to call them and ask about the 18th but i got an answering machine
I'll be there on the 21st of this month as well as the 18th of next month ;D.
i sure hope all yall show up for this ride as well [smiley=lecture.gif]
I'll be there for sure ;D
watertower :o
QuoteI'll be there for sure ;D
watertower :o
bring your cups so i can fill them on my way by ;)
Quotebring your cups so i can fill them on my way by ;)
I always have wanted to see a quad nail that jump, Come to think, the distance from the launch to the first landing is maybe 50 feet? but if ya wanna go balls out and pin it, you can land waaay down at the 2nd downslope and that's suppose to be over 100 feet, and pitches you higher then the 85 footer at thundercross!
I saw 3 guys do the tower today. Its very impressive to say the least. I did't think a quad could fly that far. There are pics in the other Hard Rock thread.
Count me in too! ;D Quad is back up and ready new helmet included and I should be by then as well. Atleast 3 riders
[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm still thinking about that sandtrack. I can't wait!
That makes the two of us, I want to practice that one as much as I can, so I can go to the big one and jum some of those doubles os step downs :o
:( I wanna go! but can't........... ???
Quote:( I wanna go! but can't........... ???
Man Jeff :'(. Wish that you could make it out w/ us. I had a blast ridin' w/ you this past w/e. I think you'd be the 1st in our lil crew to clear that double too ;). Why won't you be able to make it out?
:'(I will be in Tennessee on a Family Vacation from the 15th to the 20th!
I want to go again so bad! Luv those jumps............
Hey Rob--
Even the guy that cleared the tower wasn't doing that jump.
You guys talking about the uphill stepup? Or the single- tabletop?
Jeff thanks for all the great pics. They look great. I will be there 4 sure.
Man! I can't wait that long to ride >:(. Us Central Florida guys need to hook something up near here or something just to get us through.
Well Rob lets put something together...I'm game
I'm in.
I'm in lets do it.
Saturday June 5th?
Anybody!
Name the place
Lets go back to Hardrock........ :D
I'm ready!!!!
I'll bring the Camera!!!!
QuoteSaturday June 5th?
Anybody!
U mean June 4th!!
That will work!
I can feel the cool breeze running through my hair now with the air we will be getting out there!
Oh yea, I don't have any hair!
Nice view!
Tower
[attachment deleted by admin]
Sound like a plan!!! ;D
Hey guys, I see no problem to head up there on june 4th, so count on me ;D , and Dude that's a nice pic. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Momma may trip :-[. She said this past w/e about me being gone riding all day. Gotta work something out?
I'd be game for the 4th ;D Hardrock would be fine but what about Waldo or Pax Trax? Me and Mike @ ATP were already talking about going somewhere that day. ;)
Count me in. Just name the place. Sat works better for me.
I got some guilt-cards I could throw in with momma's babysitting services to get me a day off to ride.
ya'll let me know,,,,I'm riding this weekend.
Id@
Hey guys what about Quick tracks in Lakeland anyone ever been? The more I think about the rides we need to go to different places. We just went to Hardrock on the 21st and will be back on the 18th of next month. Not saying I did not have more than enough fun @ Hardrock,but lets try to go to a new place each time. Whatcha think???
As long as I'm on the gas I don't care where we go!!!
Headed to Croom this weekend with the camper. the wife and I are going to chill out with the quad.
I am going to try a hare scramble with YFZ450-TAMPA on Saturday.
Hey Wayne, QuickMX is just fine, the track is like the sand track on Hard Rock but this is just about it, they also have a small harescrambles track, the guys chage the track very often, no crazy jumps, no lot of air !!! just fine for me ;D besides it is only 40 minutes from my house [smiley=drive.gif]
I will ride anywhere, Just name the spot!
P.S. Mike Walker said he was up for Hardrock on the 4th!!!
Quick track is a little far for me so guess I'll see yall at Hardrock. I'll probably go to Paxx since it's closer. See yall back at Hardrock on the 18th ;D
Since there is getting to be a bunch of us that do the MX group rides why don't we start a ride series. One official group ride a month at a different track each time? I can make pretty much any track north of Orlando at a moments notice but the ones south of there would have to be a overnight/weekend thing so that would take some pre-planning. ;D
Count me in!
once I get some track time, I'd be in for that Steve.
Id@
Sounds good to me.
Well if everyone is up for it maybe I'll go ahead and work up a schedule by which tracks are open when. I say we deffinately do it on Saturdays but which one of the month 1, 2, 3 or 4th doesn't really matter to me I just think we should keep it on the same one so it's easier to plan. We could do Hardrock on the 18th as the 1st one then follow suit with the others every 3rd Saturday of the month. Or we could count Lakeland as the 1st and do it on the 1st Sat of every month. Let me know what you think. Of course this doesn't keep us from doing other ones in between these will just be the "Official" rides so to speak. ;D
Ida- That's what the group rides are for get time in and get to learn from everyone else. ;)
So is the 18th the date? I think i will come and play after seeing the pictures of the other thread. :D
QuoteSince there is getting to be a bunch of us that do the MX group rides why don't we start a ride series. One official group ride a month at a different track each time? I can make pretty much any track north of Orlando at a moments notice but the ones south of there would have to be a overnight/weekend thing so that would take some pre-planning. ;D
[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
I've only ever done trail rides so it'd would be cool to try out the mx tracks. I'll head down to hardrock on the 18th so i can meet you guys and get some experience on a track. ;D If everyone finds out where they want to go on the 4th i'll be up for that too, no doubt. cant wait!
Hey Gearhead, there is a grgoup of us that are fixing to to to QuickMx on Lakelad the 4th, check on this same section on QuickMX [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]6/4/05
Group ride 6/4/05 Quick Track Lakeland , go to that and you'll get more info, it will be nice
QuoteSo is the 18th the date? I think i will come and play after seeing the pictures of the other thread. :D
The 18th is the official date for the next Hardrock ride w/ Dreth 8). There is a group of us that wants to somewhere between now and then. Havent decided where yet
QuoteThe 18th is the official date for the next Hardrock ride w/ Dreth 8). There is a group of us that wants to somewhere between now and then. Havent decided where yet
How about thundercross the week before, or maybe seminole, wherever.
I will most likely go to hardrock on the 4th so my son can ride his new e-ton.
If anything changes I will meet up with you guys in Lakeland!
QuoteI will most likely go to hardrock on the 4th so my son can ride his new e-ton.
If anything changes I will meet up with you guys in Lakeland!
Jeff, they just have completed the peewee track and actually are trying to have a race on it for this w/e. Hopefully you guys will be able to make it down for the 4th. I plan on going out there either this w/e to race or on Memorial day to ride so I'll let you know what going on w/ the track.
If that's the case, I'll be there!
it looks like the 18th will be a good ride!
too bad ill be on vocation. >:( and thats a bad thing because id much rather ride [smiley=drive.gif] and i cant bring my quads to colorado because im going by plane. >:(
let get there already ;D
has anyone heard anything about a race that day? i dont wanna have our ride ruined due to a race! if anyone can find out id appreciate it ;)
They had a race the last time that we were up there. It didn't ruin it for us b/c we were on the Sand Track ;). But I guess for you "Big Dogs" it may ruin it :-\.
Quote from: Ride1Rob on June 03, 2005, 05:52:49 PM
They had a race the last time that we were up there. It didn't ruin it for us b/c we were on the Sand Track ;). But I guess for you "Big Dogs" it may ruin it :-\.
i just found out from lost cause that there is a race but we can ride the main track till 4pm! so we are fine. and you will be a big boy soon enough ;D
It will probaly be PACKED though wouldn't it? Wouldn't they need to run classes and such? Maybe after the ride we can all enter the race, that would be a fun day!
well it looks like myself and blindkaeta will be leaving hardrock at 2pm so we can head over to dade city for the races! everyone is welcome! so whos in?
Let me ask the other half. I want to go!!! It is a points night ;D
Sounds good to me! Got to check with my honey. Fathers day weekend and all!!!!!
I may just end up hitting Dade City w/ you guys. That or either hitting Hard Rock and heading home. I don't know yet. But I definitely doubt that I'll be doing 2 in one day.
Quote from: Ride1Rob on June 07, 2005, 06:51:35 PM
I may just end up hitting Dade City w/ you guys. That or either hitting Hard Rock and heading home. I don't know yet. But I definitely doubt that I'll be doing 2 in one day.
bring the wife and hang with us ;)
I know that my wife will be coming with me on both the ride and the race.
Not mine :(. She's not into the whole 4wheeler thing.
It's not just about 4wheelers. It's about meeting new people and building friends.
amen, i need to show my wife these post, I cannot even get her to come out and watch her son race!
Quote from: mudrat on June 09, 2005, 06:06:28 AM
amen, i need to show my wife these post, I cannot even get her to come out and watch her son race!
a family that plays together, stays together ;D tell her to come on out! my wife is very nice and loves to meet other wives
How about insted of heading up to dade city to race, stay and race at hardrock! If they have a quad class race (which they will if we all stay) it should be a fun night, because that track when they cut it into the night track is FUN!!!! :o
I wanna go up to Hard Rock and ride, but definitely not trying to race on that main track. That thing is way over my head right now. Now if the had races on the sand track.... The way this weather has been doing us, I may just end up hitting ONF that w/e.
1 week to go
Is there ANYBODY planning on staying for the Saturday night race at hardrock after the ride? It's not a hard track to ride in my opinion.. Just a wee bit tight for racing but will still be very fun
How bout a weather update. Ocala peps give us an update please. Its a mud hole down here. Man Im geting sick of this rain. >:(
It's getting a little bit better every day up there. My buddies mom lives about 20 minutes from hardrock, that's where the info is coming from.
Doesn't seem as if many are going to show? Can we get a show of hands for all that are coming? I am!
I'll be there!
2 here ;D
;D Cya their.
Has anyone been out at Hard Rock on race day? Does it get very crowded?
precip. % went down another 10%, lookin good! I hope the rollercoast is flooded, I must say that is the most fun and biggest slip and slide you'll ever go on! It's drying out up there though.
http://www.weather.com/activities/driving/interstate/weather/weekend.html?locid=USFL0355&from=search
Well looks like I'm out guys :'(. Momma hit me at work tonite and asked me if I was going to Bush Gardens or not :-\. She said that she wants me to go so... Guess I'll hit someone track on Sunday ;).
I'm in! Air Hollywood now boarding....wooowooo :)
Quote from: Ride1Rob on June 16, 2005, 11:33:33 PM
Well looks like I'm out guys :'(. Momma hit me at work tonite and asked me if I was going to Bush Gardens or not :-\. She said that she wants me to go so... Guess I'll hit someone track on Sunday ;).
[/quot
What are you talking about Ride1Rob, we talked on the phone and you said you were going to be there, I tought you were a hard core rider, and don't let anybody elses plans get in the way of riding. Now you just tell your wife you are going riding on sat with the boys and go to Bushgardens on sun, and dont take no back talk. We will see you there ;)
Yeah I know Tony :'(. As bad as I want to stand up and be a man... my brother/sis inlaw are down from Georgia and my other Bro/sis inlaws are going as well. My wife will definitely be hot w/ me if I miss this one. If it were just us I could change the schedule til Sunday :-[.
;) You know we have 4 here.
Hey T2, dont forget who wears that pants in the family, she just tells us when and what color to wear. ;D 18 years later and I am still the boss ;)
its ok Rob! you hafta take care of the little women every now and then ;) we will miss u ;D
i just checked the weather and its like 60% chance of showers! is that true? you northern folks need to help us 3.5 hour drive folks out
I hoping to be there by 9-9:45a-I'm in Apopka, so if it's rained out-no big loss. If someone gives me a cell/phone #-I'll call ya so you can spread the word-Don't know if that's going to help. I would judge the weather where I'm at in Apopka, but the last time we went, it rained all day at the house and was beautiful at Hard Rock until about 3p-the time we told the wives we would be leaving anyway!!
I just called the track and they said all tracks are open. I live in Ocala and can tell you we've had rain everyday this week except for today. The track number is 352 732 6697. Post your decisions. I'm on the fence, but will most likely go if no more rain hits between now and tomorrow am.
Yeah, I'm in Ocala at a hotel about 20 minutes from hardrock right now, it rained very lightly for about 5 minutes today. Worse comes to worse we can have a slip and slide on the rollercoaster ;D I'll give ya'll an update as soon as I wake up, which will be at like 7 a.m. then I'll see you guys there
Well, hardrock canceled the race for tomorow night, so practice on all tracks from 10 AM, to 5 PM! No guarentees on the weather though, hopefully it wont rain too much, or else we'll be stickin to the rollercoaster and sand track! Bring your tearoffs guys!
OK! I've lost my faith in www.weather.com they say 60% chance of precip for today, well, we have gotten BARELY anything. They said mostly during the evening, we have clear skies, no lighting, the kids are in the pool. If anybody wants a weather update in the morning, feel free to call me at 561-707-3017, but please don't call for the rest of the night, until 6 A.M., feel free any time after that.
sorry boys looks like we are out . to far of a drive to chance it, 4hrs to get there have fun guys catch you on the flip side............... :-[ :-[
I'm still in we'll be there rain or shine! ;D
I'll be there,
Just woke up, and no rain yet. See ya'll there at like 11.