We are going to try to get a regular MX group ride going on every 3rd Saturday of the month. This will allow some of the veterans to get practice time in and the rookies a time/place to learn from some of those more experienced. The goal is to try and hit every major MX track in the state especially those on the FTR schedule. Of course I doubt we will be able to hit every single one since there are 10+ tracks but we will try and this does not keep anyone from setting up other rides in between. We could try to do 2 tracks a month but that might be tougher for some, doesn't matter to me. I am trying just to hit the major tracks that would be worth the drive for those coming from further away so if you feel any of the tracks may not really be worth hitting please feel free to speak up. This is just the rough draft of the schedule. I am open to any changes so we can discuss it here and go from there. I am going to check each tracks website and try my best to not conflict our rides with any pre-planned race days but sometimes things come up so some of the rides may have to be swapped/rescheduled due to conflicting dates. The 1st ride will be at Hardrock on the 18th of June.
6/18/05 -Hardrock Cycle Park Ocala. Fl.
http://www.hardrockmx.com/index.htm
There is a Sat. night race that day also so those not staying for it probably want to be cleared out by 4pm when sign up starts.
Hardrock Cycle Park is a unique 100 acre sports facility located in the heart of Florida. It's main attraction is the awesome national caliber motocross track with varied elevation, a sand track that is great for vintage bikes and novice riders, a European style track called the Roller Coaster, a pee wee track, and very soon, an all new supercross track. In addition, there are three levels of challenging hare scrambles trails
7/16/05 - ThunderCross Okeechobee, Fl.
www.thundercrossmotorsportspark.com (http://www.thundercrossmotorsportspark.com)
8/20/05 - Bartow MX Bartow, Fl.
www.bartowmotocross.com (http://www.bartowmotocross.com)
This is about as far ahead as we can plan as most of the tracks haven't posted their summer schedule or the fall schedule for later in the year. The tracks left to hit are as follows.
Bithlo Motorsports
www.bithlomotorsports.com (http://www.bithlomotorsports.com)
Bostwick Creek
www.bostwickmx.com (http://www.bostwickmx.com)
Dade City
www.dadecitymx.com (http://www.dadecitymx.com)
Motocross of Marion County (Reddick)
www.mxmarioncounty.com (http://www.mxmarioncounty.com)
Quick Track
www.quicktrackmx.com (http://www.quicktrackmx.com)
Pax Trax Motocross Park
http://www.paxtraxmx.com/default.asp
Waldo Motorsports Waldo, Florida
http://www.waldomotorsports.com/
sounds good 2 me
Looks good to me also. I know that we will not be able to go to Dade City for a practice on a Sat. The only time they have a Sat practice is before the Gold Cup or FLMX series. They didn't even let us practice the Sat before the FTR series race!
I am the Quad Rep for the FTR MX Series. We will be posting the tenative schedule by friday. Some other good news for us quad guys is there will be youth classes next year. I will post their classes at a later date.
See yall at the track.
looks good to me ;D
LC, let me know on the Youth Quad Racing!
When I get the go ahead I will post the classes for MX here.
Thank you :)
Decisions - decisions... Don't know if I wanna race an FTR MX series, run the Bartow MX series, or Do Lakelands once their restarts? I may end up doing one of the local series races. FTR majority of the time you have to travel a bit :-[. Will have to see what comes along.
But the ATVflorida series does sound good to me as well.
FTR Series races most of the time are 1 a month. Sometimes there are two. This last season was messed up because of the Storms.
QuoteFTR Series races most of the time are 1 a month. Sometimes there are two. This last season was messed up because of the Storms.
Hey, why haven't you been riding Dade City Series? See that you've only made it out to one race so far. Myself and Blindkaeta were talking today about maybe gettin' in on that series. I see that the quad turnout is pretty good too. Let me know the next time you're heading over there.
Well since this seems to be cool with everyone we'll stick with it to start and I'll plan the other dates as they get closer. I'll keep updating this page.
LC- Keep me updated on the youth series also. Any idea what size quads they will be limited to? 250ex-11y/o?
I probably won't get to do a lot of the FTR races due to work but I will hit a few and if my transfer takes me south then I may look into one of the local series. ;D Just have to wait and see.
is anyone heading out to hardrock mx earlier than 6/18-never been and anxious to go!!
It looks like we are heading to Lakeland on the 4th instead of Hardrock!
We are leaving from Apopka as well and you are more then welcome to follow us down!
this weekend good, the 4th-bad-scheduled to work, but almost have that covered-guy that I asked still thinkin' about it. In the mean time, I'll talk to my buddy Tim (redpred05) also
lives in Apopka and interested in checking out Lakeland. About how long does it take to get there?
Takes about one hour 15 mins!
;)
sounds good to me. Hollywod, dont forget the nationals at LL in august! and can i still bring my shirts and have them autographed by all the riders?
from what i understand, dade city is almost a waist of time due to the fact that they dont really have any jumps! has that changed? ill try it out atleast once! but no sundays for me!
i have ridden 6 out of the ten you listed and for the most part they are all good !
Quotesounds good to me. Hollywod, dont forget the nationals at LL in august! and can i still bring my shirts and have them autographed by all the riders?
That the 1st or 2nd weekend so we should be good. I still want to go if nothing else just to watch. I really want to make the FTR race at Waldo so I will be there whether I am all alone or not. lol ;)
How many of yall are going to ride the FTR MX Series?
We could try to set up our rides for the week before the race at the same track. That way we can get extra practice on the track. Just a thought
Quote from: LostCause on June 03, 2005, 02:44:55 AM
How many of yall are going to ride the FTR MX Series?
We could try to set up our rides for the week before the race at the same track. That way we can get extra practice on the track. Just a thought
I was kinda thinking the same thing LC. ;) Once the schedule is up we can fine tune it. Does sound like a good idea though. I am going to hit as many as possible this year but with work I really don't know at this point how many that will be. ::)
that would be awesome, i wanna be an all around rider so i need practice in mx, but i have to get nerfs and a killswitch first... :P
Top post has been updated with the new ride schedule. I am trying my best to keep it in line with the FTR race series so that anyone who wants to race can actually get some practice on the track before the race weekend comes. Those of you that know these tracks will have to help me in making sure our schedule doesn't conflict with any other planeed races on those days since some of the tracks aren't to good at keeping their schedules updated.
Dates for FTR MX:
Aug 14th-------Thundercross
Sep 18th-------Bartow
Nov 13th-------Reddick
Dec 11th-------Waldo
Jan 29th--------Seminole Tribe
Feb 19th-------Pax
March 5th------Bithlo
April 9th--------Quick Track
April 30th------Waldo
May 14th-------Sand Mountain
TIme to get this back up to the top!
Who's in this weekend?
yea whos in! im out , im in ??? cant ride but will come out and take pics and hang out ;)
I am deffinately out for this one. Too far and I've got to get ready to go back to Tampa Monday for work. Probably going to hit somewhere in Ocala for the day Saturday.
I am up for Hardrock on Saturday if that works better for everyone else!
I'll be there.
Quote from: Hollywood on July 12, 2005, 09:02:29 PM
I am deffinately out for this one. Too far and I've got to get ready to go back to Tampa Monday for work. Probably going to hit somewhere in Ocala for the day Saturday.
now that aint right! if you plan em, you ride em ;D sorry to hear that ! you will be missed.
remember everyone, my wife is the ultimate photographer! so if you want to look good come on out and she will do it ;)
Dreth, since you're out of commision, shall I bring the pitbike so you can get around the pits in style, and in comfort? Maybe I'll nut up and hit the big doubles, make for some great pics
GOOD TIMES!!!! ;D
(http://www.freeimagehosting.info/uploads/5cd1770837.jpg) (http://www.freeimagehosting.info)
So where are we going???
I'll be at thundercross, just like the scheduale says! ;D
i heard THUNDER CROSS! So whos in?
I am ready!!!
I've been ready!!!! COMMON SATURDAY!!!!!! 3 more days!!!!!!
i hope we get a few more to show up! i will be there even if just the 2 of ya show up ;) it will be a picturesk day ;D
We are going with some friends on Sunday out to Thundercross.
Sunday??? :'(
Maybe we can rescheduale it to Sunday, since only me and mudrat are the only ones commited to go at this time, I'm sure it would be ok. Ok by you dreth, I know you have goin on Sunday's, but it's a pic day :) Should be a great time whichever day we all show up.
Sunday works too, just let me know by Friday so I can switch my plans around!
Common guys, we need a bigger turnout then 4 people!!!
If you go down there (Okeechobee) on Sunday, we already had a crew of people coming. 5 confirmed 3 more possible. Most of them (everyone but me and Mike) are A riders....
i may come down to thundercross i havent heard to much good stuff about that track i heard it was do or die? i don tknow though
gosh 5 A riders i better no tbring my slow ars out there i will get lapped just messin is alex coming out ?
she hasnt rode in a while has she?
i may come out anyone got any info on the track
Brandon, Looks like Sunday is the day, I will be leaving around 8 am to head down!
ok, I guess sunday it is. See ya'll there
SHAWEET! Sunday works better for me to so ill be there! i have a 500 picture chip for my camera so you better bring your A game ;D ;)
I might be able to make the 8/20 on saturday, but school for me will have been started so im not sure but if i can ill go.
yeah ! im down for sat or sun let me kwon. 2 riders here.
Sunday!!!!!!Sunday!!!!!!! going riding on a Sunday! Hey Nightbreeds, shoot me a PM I might try to make this one. I see if I can get clearance from the tower. ;D
Quote from: 1fast250r on July 15, 2005, 01:32:14 AM
Sunday!!!!!!Sunday!!!!!!! going riding on a Sunday! Hey Nightbreeds, shoot me a PM I might try to make this one. I see if I can get clearance from the tower. ;D
PLEASE MRS. TOWER! LET MATT COME OUT-N-PLAY ;D
Quote from: 1fast250r on July 15, 2005, 01:32:14 AM
Sunday!!!!!!Sunday!!!!!!! going riding on a Sunday! Hey Nightbreeds, shoot me a PM I might try to make this one. I see if I can get clearance from the tower. ;D
Need to get the ok from Ware huh ? ;D ;D
If somebody has a portable grill, I'll bring some bubba burgers and hot dogs to throw on it, I just don't have a small grill. I'll also bring chips, and some water for lunch for everybody
Dorian said he would ride down and shoot some pics with my D70 and 2 Gigs of space. I will also throw in my Digital Video Camera as well!
Does anyone know if they have power at the Track, trying to decide if I should bring the enclosed or open trailer.
i believe camping is only primitive :( ill be bringing my easyup for some shade. it would be nice to Mr. Dorian again too ;)
I have not rode since I broke my back at paxx 12-9-05 but I can't stand it anymore....I hope to get in on some of this!!!!!! maybe next weekend!!
Dreth, We are going to have to rename you and Dorian the "Out of wack back boy's), he is also down with a back problem!
Quote from: mudrat on July 15, 2005, 05:10:29 PM
Dreth, We are going to have to rename you and Dorian the "Out of wack back boy's), he is also down with a back problem!
yea yea yea ::) you just remember that were taking your picture! so if you want us to make you look good, you better be nice ;) :D ;D
Quote from: florida400ex on July 15, 2005, 06:58:55 AM
If somebody has a portable grill, I'll bring some bubba burgers and hot dogs to throw on it, I just don't have a small grill. I'll also bring chips, and some water for lunch for everybody
ALRIGHT! YOU GOT IT! I'll bring the grill! Dorian said he will help me cook so the food is on you this time ;) just like old times.............. ??? sept im grounded :P
Sniff, Sniff........I am getting hungry already!
Can't Wait! Just hoping for a halfway dry day!
News said 20% chance on Sunday!!!! WOO HOOOO !!!
We might actually get to ride ;D
I am LONG overdue >:(
:o Melissa, Something your not telling us?
Quote from: mudrat on July 16, 2005, 01:53:32 AM
:o Melissa, Something your not telling us?
HAHA!! You think your funny don't you???
NEVER AGAIN!!! That whole process hurt to bad...I'd rather fall off my quad regularly than that once .....
Seriously though, My quad has been together for more than a month and I have been to the track 3 times..... :-\
I CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!! 8) ;D
i got a few friends from around here coming down sunday
hope it dont rain
it has been dry during the day and raining at night so it should be alright
see you guys there
its going to be a good time seems like a lot of people going . nice ;D
hey everyone--
Just got back in town. I would love to come down but don't know as of yet if I will be able to. We will see. I got to get serious. Season right around the corner.
ill be bringing my generator and a big fan if any body has a fan bring it will hook it up.
Quote from: lawn_man mx on July 16, 2005, 04:03:49 PM
ill be bringing my generator and a big fan if any body has a fan bring it will hook it up.
cool deal! ill bring a fan too ;)
Yeah, I'll definetly be bringing my fan and hooking it up! Alright, So I'll go pick up 2 dozen burgers? Will that be enough? was thinking about 2 dozen burgers, and 2 dozen hot dogs, and buns and rolls for them. Just as long as somebody brings the grill, I'll bring the food.
yall heard the man! bubba burgers for everyone ;D ill bring the cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayonase, and some drinks as well....................................and the GRILL ;)
Well, I got a dozen bubba burgers, and 16 hot dogs, and buns for them too. If anybody think we'll need more, which we probaly will, bring some! See you guys out there!
I have a couple bags of chips too ;D
Anything else I can bring let me know.....
is it time to leave yet?
Looking very good for "Dry" day for once!
it will be dry and hot.
WOW! What a great day, I have tons of pictures to go through and get posted! Great day riding with everyone, Dry and HOT!
Lot's of great shots coming soon!
What an awsome day of watching. I don't think this blister on my shooting finger will heal for a long time ;D.
Anyway I think you guys are going to get a kick out of all the pics Dreath and I took today. If you were on the track there Is a pic of you somewhere in the 600 pics, I promise....
yeah buddy that was a real fun ride nice meeting you and mudrat can wait to see the pics . hey jeff that was a sick jump man ! ill get mine next time. feel a bit sore ;D
I had a Blast today! Great seeing everyone again!
Jenn- It was great to meet you finally. Hope we can do it again and maybe get on the track at the same time LOL! You were lookin good 8)
Thank you Florida400ex for the dogs and thank you Mrs.Dreth for cooking! It was great.
Nice to see everyone again. Thanks for the dog and drink florida400. I had a great time even w/o my 250r. Dylan had a blast on the kids track with the 2 other kids. Nice to meet some new people also.
[attachment deleted by admin]
1st of many shot's!
***Dial up "Beware"
[attachment deleted by admin]
MOre
[attachment deleted by admin]
:-\
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
;)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:D
[attachment deleted by admin]
This kid is 12 years old and was friggin fast!
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:o
[attachment deleted by admin]
:o
[attachment deleted by admin]
;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
Chas gettin some air!
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:o
[attachment deleted by admin]
Showin off for the Camera!
[attachment deleted by admin]
What a group!
[attachment deleted by admin]
Cutter getin some air!
[attachment deleted by admin]
:D
[attachment deleted by admin]
:D
[attachment deleted by admin]
;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
Mike from ATP Testing the wife's 250R
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
::)
Takin time to chat with the ladies!
[attachment deleted by admin]
Will post more later!
Still have another 250+ Pics to shrink down!
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on July 18, 2005, 01:59:42 AM
I had a Blast today! Great seeing everyone again!
Jenn- It was great to meet you finally. Hope we can do it again and maybe get on the track at the same time LOL! You were lookin good 8)
Thank you Florida400ex for the dogs and thank you Mrs.Dreth for cooking! It was great.
It was nice meeting you also....
I had a good time...that MX stuff is so much different than Hare Scrambles...LoL!!!! But, I am getting more and more comfortable....
Jen
those are some nice pics but they belong in the photo gallery ;D
Sorry, still a little light headed from lack of oxygen yesterday!
Quote from: Hollywood on May 26, 2005, 04:13:49 AM
We are going to try to get a regular MX group ride going on every 3rd Saturday of the month. This will allow some of the veterans to get practice time in and the rookies a time/place to learn from some of those more experienced. The goal is to try and hit every major MX track in the state especially those on the FTR schedule. Of course I doubt we will be able to hit every single one since there are 10+ tracks but we will try and this does not keep anyone from setting up other rides in between. We could try to do 2 tracks a month but that might be tougher for some, doesn't matter to me. I am trying just to hit the major tracks that would be worth the drive for those coming from further away so if you feel any of the tracks may not really be worth hitting please feel free to speak up. This is just the rough draft of the schedule. I am open to any changes so we can discuss it here and go from there. I am going to check each tracks website and try my best to not conflict our rides with any pre-planned race days but sometimes things come up so some of the rides may have to be swapped/rescheduled due to conflicting dates. The 1st ride will be at Hardrock on the 18th of June.
6/18/05 -Hardrock Cycle Park Ocala. Fl.
http://www.hardrockmx.com/index.htm
There is a Sat. night race that day also so those not staying for it probably want to be cleared out by 4pm when sign up starts.
Hardrock Cycle Park is a unique 100 acre sports facility located in the heart of Florida. It's main attraction is the awesome national caliber motocross track with varied elevation, a sand track that is great for vintage bikes and novice riders, a European style track called the Roller Coaster, a pee wee track, and very soon, an all new supercross track. In addition, there are three levels of challenging hare scrambles trails
7/16/05 - ThunderCross Okeechobee, Fl.
www.thundercrossmotorsportspark.com (http://www.thundercrossmotorsportspark.com)
8/20/05 - Bartow MX Bartow, Fl.
www.bartowmotocross.com (http://www.bartowmotocross.com)
This is about as far ahead as we can plan as most of the tracks haven't posted their summer schedule or the fall schedule for later in the year. The tracks left to hit are as follows.
Bithlo Motorsports
www.bithlomotorsports.com (http://www.bithlomotorsports.com)
Bostwick Creek
www.bostwickmx.com (http://www.bostwickmx.com)
Dade City
www.dadecitymx.com (http://www.dadecitymx.com)
Motocross of Marion County (Redthingy)
www.mxmarioncounty.com (http://www.mxmarioncounty.com)
Quick Track
www.quicktrackmx.com (http://www.quicktrackmx.com)
Pax Trax Motocross Park
http://www.paxtraxmx.com/default.asp
Waldo Motorsports Waldo, Florida
http://www.waldomotorsports.com/
Who's in for the next ride? we will most likely have to move it to Sunday due to the Summer Series at Dade City!
Just thought I'd bump this up with the impending race series. ;)
Thought I would post here also. Thinking about going to Quick Track Sat.(10-15-05). Anyone interested??? LETS RIDE!!!