interesting.......
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070605/ap_on_re_us/lake_okeechobee_archeological_finds
Quote from: 2strokinIt on June 05, 2007, 01:31:48 AM
interesting.......
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070605/ap_on_re_us/lake_okeechobee_archeological_finds
Great post. Thanks for that.
amazing what you can find
It is crazy. Last year they found a 53' tractor trailer complete with driver in the canal next to 27 just south of South Bay that hadn't been seen for THREE months!
If a SFWMD boat didn't clip it, it would probably still be there :(
Let me know if anyone finds a 1971 Hodaka Wombat, I still have the title.
This is just flipping great. I can't dispose of, Er uh, I mean you can't dispose of anybody anymore without it coming back to bite you. I've gotta lay low for a while now, I'll see you guys around....
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 05, 2007, 12:17:44 PM
This is just flipping great. I can't dispose of, Er uh, I mean you can't dispose of anybody anymore without it coming back to bite you. I've gotta lay low for a while now, I'll see you guys around....
You crack me up !!!!LOL
Hidey places are getting harder to come by aint they Mike ?!?!?!?
Think it could be Jimmy Hoffa?
It is pretty amazing, and sad at the same time. Just goes to what SFWMD can do to a place. Also shows one never knows what's beneath you either.... A friend of mines' parents live right next to the lake, and they said the rim canal is dry to in some parts. There parts where people use to dock up to this bar, she said you can actually walk up to it. That's crazy. Was thinking of taking a ride up there, just to see for myself. But it will probably just piss me off more, thinking how SFWMD did the damage. We keep praying for rain, but you know what, we need to pray that SFWMD will stop draining the lake as well.
Trust me I know it is dry, don't get me wrong. But I have seen it worst, and what I mean is my lake before the rain, was not at it all time low. Now it is pretty high, above normal. So what this says to me, the Everglades and the Lake are alot lower than they really should be, and again we can thank SFWMD. For anyone who thinks that I am wrong, think back not too long ago when they had closed off the Everglades due to the fact the water was too HIGH. Again, it was so high, cause they where draining the Lake. Until they answer the issue with the levies, we will continue to be in this situation.....
Quote from: VForcedave on June 05, 2007, 12:09:50 PM
Let me know if anyone finds a 1971 Hodaka Wombat, I still have the title.
If I find it, you ain't getting it back!!! Unless it is a trade for my 78 Honda trail 90 that is in a canal somewhere.
Quote from: dynodon on June 05, 2007, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 05, 2007, 12:17:44 PM
This is just flipping great. I can't dispose of, Er uh, I mean you can't dispose of anybody anymore without it coming back to bite you. I've gotta lay low for a while now, I'll see you guys around....
You crack me up !!!!LOL
Hidey places are getting harder to come by aint they Mike ?!?!?!?
Aint that the truth! Looks like I er, uh, I mean people will have to start heading back out to the middle grounds and using cement shoes again....
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 05, 2007, 12:17:44 PM
This is just flipping great. I can't dispose of, Er uh, I mean you can't dispose of anybody anymore without it coming back to bite you. I've gotta lay low for a while now, I'll see you guys around....
I know whatcha mean...is nothing sacred anymore...cant people just leave things along?
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 06, 2007, 12:35:53 PM
Quote from: dynodon on June 05, 2007, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 05, 2007, 12:17:44 PM
This is just flipping great. I can't dispose of, Er uh, I mean you can't dispose of anybody anymore without it coming back to bite you. I've gotta lay low for a while now, I'll see you guys around....
You crack me up !!!!LOL
Hidey places are getting harder to come by aint they Mike ?!?!?!?
Aint that the truth! Looks like I er, uh, I mean people will have to start heading back out to the middle grounds and using cement shoes again....
now my personal artificial reefs will be found