I used to ride years ago in Hernando, north of Inverness on 41. Does anyone know how to reach Jerrylee Korn (spelling?). I understand he still lives and rides there. Thanks.
i talk to him all the time. pm me and i can give him your phone number. just went over there this past weekend and rode with them guys and it was a blast. they are still crazy. shawn brassart, frank bolin, abner, jerry corne, ronnie hopkins, and all those boys rode this past weekend.
smokedog.
Thanks for the reply. I first meet Jerry when he was probably 15 and rode an old Quadrunner back in '89. It was our first time at Hernando and he showed us all the best pits. We also met Ronnie, Mark, Snaggle(from Palmetto) Spanky and some other guys that rode a stretch Banshee and a stretch Quadzilla. Back then I rode a 250R with Taller Haulers. We haven't climbed there since around '92 but I recently heard he was still in that area and still riding. We wanted to come back up there sometime but have heard DNR rangers hunt ATV's so since I am alot older now and hopefully a little smarter I wasn't willing to take the chance. Anyway I will PM you and hopefully we can organize a ride. This weekend a group of us are going to the Pumpkin Run (also something we haven't done since '92) and then I will be looking forward to see Hernando again.
The S T R E T C H E D ZILLA Was Jeff and Nelda on BAD ATTITUDE ...He road with my Cousin, he had the 14" swing arm...he still has ALL of them Bikes !!! if you know where to park .......RIDE ALL DAY :o..
Ronnie in Palmghetto ;D
That's just it, I don't know where its safe to park. The place we used to park had RR tracks which are gone now replaced by the bike path and I walked back in the woods and didn't see much for parking, just no trespassing signs posted by DNR. After reading your Tri-Z info I can tell you are the same Ronnie that rode back then. I don't know if you remember us but my brother and I both rode 250R's and two guys I brought with me had yellow Tri-Z's My brother Chris also worked with Mark at Southeastern a few years ago. Anyway next time you guys head up send me a email if you don't mind some company.
Are You Chris Wares Bro. ?
Iv'e been typing to him for like 3 weeks now ...
He Worked with Mark .. if i saw yall i'd Know ya's !!
Chris Know's Adam and Robbie in Brandon..
I hang out with Adam ALL THE TIME !!!
I'm supposed to Meet up with Wareracing at the SALT'S
You going ? ... does he have Raptor Plastic's on his Banshee ?
HOLLARRRRRRRR
Ronnie
OH YEAH !!! i talked to "Jerry" Today !!! "PM" Smoke Dog
and get his No. !! it's 352 sumthen !!!
yeah im hillkillers bro (although he would never admit it) just kiddin "d'". speaking of robbie, im tring to get him to go draggin' but there seems to something stopin him, wish hed go,,,
I will say, im not the killer climber in the family, I like my teeth where they are (yes i wear a helmet). back in those days my brother (hillkiller) would climb the same hills all the streached bikes would. all he had was a trx250r wth taller haulers!!! mine arnt that big if you know what i mean!
Yeah I am Chris Ware's bro (WareRacing). He's got me talked into going to Salts, I think he said it's in Umatilla. Three of us have Banshee's with aftermarket plastic that resembles the Raptor but not with such a high profile. I am sure he saw your last post but I will remind him to email you. He has told me about Robbie and Adam but I don't know if I have ever met them. I didn't know if you would remember us from Hernando but I figured you would remember Ted who rode with us there on an 85 yellow Tri-Z with some short paddles. He now has a Banshee also and we all started riding again about a year ago.
Next Time we go up there i'll Hollar at Yall ! see yas at the SALTS !!
cool thanks!
HEY GUYS ARE THOSE SALTS IN OCALA FOREST? I KNOW UMATILLA IS THERE CLOSE BY. OR IS IT A PLACE OF ITS OWN?
Saltsdale which is just east of umatilla on CR450 east.....that is where we sand drag race.
where do you have to park if you want to ride all day ;D [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
i thought they were still ticketing there, my grandparents live up there and wen i drive up i just go to croom
There are a few different place to park but unless you know someone with land there is always a possability of getting a ticket. Night rides there are always fun. Unless your one to the wind and lose it on the top of the hill ... ya that was fun
Park off HWY 200 .. north of the 41-200 fork ...or......
like dj says .... park on "private" land and ride !!!
yamahondaman your ronnie right? ... im the guy with the 400ex that had the battery problems, you guys gona go to the drags on the 18th? We were thinking about riding that weekend but it sounds like we might be going there instead