I went last friday and was fine so i say just go
And be safe and cool(http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif)
The latest update from what I have heard is...
Badluck/Squares is currently open to all riders, whether you have registered or not. Sometime in January of 2005, FWC and DOF is supposed to have a meeting to discuss some details on future rules and regulations on whether or not they will keep this area open to ORV's.
As of now, I plan to go riding this weekend and have a great time with my family. For those of you that have doubts...put them aside and come out for a great weekend!!!
Remember though...We still need to put pressure on the FWC to keep this area open to all riders for 2005! :)
I recieved this letter to day inreference to BadLuck.
This is to advise you that effective January 3, 2005 your special use permit to ride OHV on Picayune Strand State Forest will be terminated
During a recent meeting between the Division of Forestry, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and the South Florida Water Management District, some of these agencies felt that OHV use on the State Forest was incompatible with the restoration project. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has oversight responsibility through a written agreement because the Federal Government contributed over $38 million dollars for acquisition purposes.
We are committed to finding a solution to this issue. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Sincerely,
CHARLES H. BRONSON
- Henry Graham, Jr .
District Manager (239) 690-3500
Ill be there tonight ;D See ya there ;D
I say ride it while we can.. Have fun we are going out there next week.
Road there all night friday, This afternoon and had no problems. Lots of people there today 4 sure... ;)