How 'bout that? All this rain has turned into the first real Tropical Storm of the season (Andrea was a hybrid) on the first day of Hurricane Season. Does look ominous!! At least they might open Holeylands with all this rain (although I did call them today and couldn't get a straight answer out of them on the criteria they were using to determine when they would rescind the closure).
Quote from: digginfool on June 01, 2007, 07:13:10 PM
How 'bout that? All this rain has turned into the first real Tropical Storm of the season (Andrea was a hybrid) on the first day of Hurricane Season. Does look ominous!! At least they might open Holeylands with all this rain (although I did call them today and couldn't get a straight answer out of them on the criteria they were using to determine when they would rescind the closure).
When we get 20" it will be time to call. My meter is up to 1.8" from this AM. :)
finally some rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D im goin ridin tuesday and maybe there wont be so dang much dust. and hopefully there will be mud in at least a few places. last time we went there was no such thing as mud. we went about a month before that and the deepest mud hole we found then was completely dried up 2 weeks ago. its probably sugar sand by now. :'( anyway, i hope we get rain all day saturday, sunday, and monday.
Ain't it purdy. 8)
(http://tribunewx.wunderground.com/data/images/at200702_sat.jpg)
dang.. gusts 65 thats almost a cat1
I know. It doesn't even look like a tropical storm, but I would say Tampa will get walloped tomorrow by it.
They were saying it is the first named storm since 1968. I guess we will have an active year. I hope SFWMD doesn't pump it all into the ocean so they can continue with their agenda of screwing us.
jack, you only have 1.8"? ;) just kidding. it's pouring over here.
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on June 02, 2007, 07:19:21 AM
jack, you only have 1.8"? ;) just kidding. it's pouring over here.
haha, Storm don't look so pretty this morning. :(
BTW: It is growing. Up to 2.5" now. I expect it will reach 12" by noon. (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif)
1.5" in the heart of central florida.
According to the NWS Radar Storm Total, it looks like parts of the Holeylands got as much as 2.5"! This will tell us if there is more to this closure than dry grass. If they don't open it up now, we will know we've been duped.
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on June 02, 2007, 07:57:41 AM
1.5" in the heart of central florida.
thanks for the update, hopefully Central Fla will get more......
Quote from: digginfool on June 02, 2007, 09:29:17 AM
According to the NWS Radar Storm Total, it looks like parts of the Holeylands got as much as 2.5"! This will tell us if there is more to this closure than dry grass. If they don't open it up now, we will know we've been duped.
I'd be willing to bet that rain will be absorbed by noon. That place is DRY!! Drier than it's been in twenty years! I will say it again, this closure is for our own good...believe it or not. ;) The freaking lake is on fire...
We recieved 5" here in seminole (city not county) pool is overflowing back yard looks like a lake.
that wasnt near enough rain!!!!!!!! we need like 5 of these storms.
Its still pouring in Marsh Harbour |Bahamas ;)
Rain stopped here already :-\ We need much much more! I never thought I would hope for a hurricane.... :(
we got an inch or two here in downtown Orlando,,,,lots more wind than rain.
Id@
Quote from: Ida_Mann on June 03, 2007, 10:20:08 AM
we got an inch or two here in downtown Orlando,,,,lots more wind than rain.
Id@
we didnt get much wind at all.
Got 6 - 7 inches in Jupiter water stan ding everywhere. Martin County got a bunch also based on what I saw at Bamboo this weekend.