Looking to buy a new trailer for my 2 atv's. I'm done with the typical landscape trailers that rust out in a year or so. I have looked all over the internet and the only thing that looks decent enough is a ATV trailer sold at Northern tool, but it's still looks as if it will rust. Tritions are expensive and bulky to me. Anyone have any suggestions?
Unless the trailer is made out of aluminum or stainless steel it will rust.
Keeping the paint on the trailer will help, when you buy a trailer you can put another coat of paint on it to help prevent rust.
since your in N.P.R. I would give Loudo trailer's a try. Maybe not the best quality but can't beat the price. A lot of trailer companies advertise in the bargain trader magazine.
For quality I would look at Triple Crown or Coxco.
I think Dynodon has a nice trailer for sale in the for sale section.
Look at Triton Trailers all aluminum
http://www.tritontrailers.com/utatv_trailers.asp
Dealer in Stuart and Gaineville
LAKELAND TRAILER ON 98 N OF I-4 SELLS ALUMINUM TRAILERS ALSO
Those alum. trailer's are nice. If i was in a business were i would be using it everday I'd consider one of those for sure.
But if your using it to haul quads once or twice a month I would probably go the cheaper route, just look over all the weld's on it, I re-welded some of mine when I bought my 20 footer from Ginny Lane Trailer's, Dade Cty. But for $1800.00 you get what you pay for.
I've got a regular Triple Crown 6.5x12 ft trailer. When I bought it I had them cut the side rail and weld on a side ramp so I can load one from the side and one from the back. I then took the trailer to Linex and had it sprayed for $400. Its a little over 1 year old and sits outside, no rust on it at all. If you already have a trailer you like, that might be the way to go.
http://www.burkhard.com/index.html
They're dealer for;
http://www.bigtextrailers.com/
Yeah his name is Randall! ;D I couldn't resist
Have you looked at
http://www.northerntool.com/
that have some good trailers there.
Looks like I may end up buying the one at northern tool and see if I can get it sprayed through linex or rhino liners. Has anyone had one of these? Alsowhat are the prices nowadays for linex?
dont go to northern tool you wont be happy with there trailer i just bought a 6 x 16 utility trailer for my atv 4/5 at a time big trailer for 1200.00 from the builder in new port richey.
www.loudotrailers.com
see pic of my trailer
New port Richey, Fl
3633 U.S 19, New Port Richey, Fl 34652
Tel (727) 847-2190
Fax (727) 849-7439
Toll Free (888) 535-2556
Quote from: Old Grizzly on June 03, 2007, 12:18:34 PM
dont go to northern tool you wont be happy with there trailer i just bought a 6 x 16 utility trailer for my atv 4/5 at a time big trailer for 1200.00 from the builder in new port richey.
www.loudotrailers.com
see pic of my trailer
New port Richey, Fl
3633 U.S 19, New Port Richey, Fl 34652
Tel (727) 847-2190
Fax (727) 849-7439
Toll Free (888) 535-2556
You can't beat that for $1200.00
the manufactor date was 04/07
Quote from: Old Grizzly on June 03, 2007, 02:14:51 PM
the manufactor date was 04/07
hey old grizz, make sure you put some #'s on that trailer (weld/stamp) somewhere underneath it.
they come w/ a title & V.I.N. but a lot don't have the VIN on trailer, some have only a sticker that can be peeled off.
I had a 20' like your's that was stolen & there was no #'s on it so even if it did turn up somewere who could tell it was mine ?
I WOULD WELD some big fat #'s on the tongue & stamp some more underneath, put a GOOD trailer lock on it(not just a padlock)
& take pictures of it. It's too easy for somebody else to walk into the DMV, tell them they just built a trailer & walk out w/ a tag for YOUR trailer.
R&R Unlimited in Hudson is a great place to find any type of trailer.
good idea thanks
You can never have a trailer too big. After 3 tries........
I own 20x8 ft fits everything I need.
I hear there's this guy named Randall on the site,,,,he's a good "atvtrailer"
;-)
Id@
Quote from: duroc825 on June 01, 2007, 11:47:43 PM
Yeah his name is Randall! ;D I couldn't resist
Yep!
I hear all of you on too much trailer is never enough. Would love to find the smallest trailer possible to fit both quads so I can leave them on the trailer and stored in my small garage. All those landscape trailers are too big. Last months dirt wheels had a ATV trailers buyers guide with a great 2up atv trailer from some small company in california for about $800. I believe the company was Scandi or something similar. But then it's the freight to ship and the install. have yet to find something comparable. R&R in hudson is a great place for trailers but again, all larger landscape types. I was going to purchase the one at northern tool this weekend and then see what it would cost to have it sprayed with Line-X or rhino liner to see if your typical steel trailer would hold up better. If not, I guess it might be back to a triton flatbed. Anyone know who sells triton besides the dealer in south Florida. Tampa area here.
Starbuc, all you need is a 5'x9' landscape type w/ ramp.
I have one & haul 2 quads all the time, also use it for hauling plywood & other things.
You do have to put them on sideways w/ front tires sitting on side rail which with sport quads it's not too hard, I do it by myself all the time.
But ute's would be a little heavier & might need a hand loading/unloading.
I ratchet strap them down w/ the big yellow straps not the little orange one's.
Look in the "Bargain Trader" magazine, theres a place in Dade Cty. called Ginnie Lane Trailers, all sizes, cheaper than Loudo.
Don't know if there still in business but use to be a place on Waters Ave. & I-275 across from the dog track that makes trailers to your specs., called King Trailer's.
5 x 10 Triple crown in palm Bch i paid 900.00 for my last one www.floridalawnandgarden.com call them