Where can I get some high octane fuel?
There is a gas station on SR 16 just East of I-95. They have race fuel there. It is right beside the MacDonalds on SR16.
A member here had a listing in the "sale" section, BUt seemed a bit high to me!! I believe the location was Jax though
Awesome - Thanks. I found race gas at the Gate on the corner or I95 and CR16. Its 110 octane ;D
Quote from: USA450R on May 28, 2007, 10:53:11 AM
Awesome - Thanks. I found race gas at the Gate on the corner or I95 and CR16. Its 110 octane ;D
Make sure the gas isn't stored outside in the sun light or as a pink die in it. I blew 2 motors due to that crap before. :(
Theres a go cart shop on 103rd street that has race gas. The name is superior racing I think? I just know where it is .
TRX#9,
It was outside in a normal gas pump. Do you think it will be ok? I already put it in and rode Ocala today. :(
Heat is a major enemy for racing gas. Your running 14to1 compression I wouldn't run it. The gas might be good for a while until the tank gets low. Was there a pink die in it, if so I would definitely not use it. If its sunoco 110 it comes with a blue die from the factory and then if a gas station sell it out of a pump they are mandated by law to put the pink die in it, kinda like off road diesel. Its just to much die for the gas and the bike won't perform up to top performance and the denotation will shorten your life of your motor. Buy from someone that gets it out of a drum. Plus when i ran it my motor had tons of carbon deposits on the piston and head felt like sand, but wasn't.
It did have a little pink tint to it. I'll drain the gas out tomorrow and buy a 5 gallon drum of the good stuff somewhere.
I sure hope my engine is ok. I rode for about 1.5 hrs today with this stuff.
ive been running that gas from that station in my bike and all my sons race bike and haven't had any problems for over 5 years now.
I hear ya......
Quote from: tony pitts on May 29, 2007, 01:45:38 AM
ive been running that gas from that station in my bike and all my sons race bike and haven't had any problems for over 5 years now.
Tony, what kind of compression are you running in your bikes. Once you get over 14:1 compression race fuel quality is crucial. I'm not trying to rag on your place. ;) Just giving my past experiences with race fuel and what top engine builders have told me. ;D
Thanks guys.......I'm just going to buy the 5 gallon drums of Sunoco 110 going forward. I would rather not take any chances. ;D
Quote from: trx#9 on May 29, 2007, 08:26:05 PM
Quote from: tony pitts on May 29, 2007, 01:45:38 AM
ive been running that gas from that station in my bike and all my sons race bike and haven't had any problems for over 5 years now.
Tony, what kind of compression are you running in your bikes. Once you get over 14:1 compression race fuel quality is crucial. I'm not trying to rag on your place. ;) Just giving my past experiences with race fuel and what top engine builders have told me. ;D
14.1 in the honda 13.5.1 in the zuki and 13.1 in the yam. im not knocking the other fuels i have used vp also but it is not easy to get up here.i have also ran blue ox they sell in georgia it seemed to run well also