A group of us will be out at Badluck the day after X-mas, Sunday the 26. We will be camping Sunday night. Everybody is welcome.
where do you camp, what should i look for... ill be on a 400ex, with a sportsman, maybe another 400 or a grizzley, and a buggy, or two.
You can camp anywhere you find an open place, we camp off the side of everglades rd. There is a clearing in hte trees. We will be with a large group of Honda 4x4's I think a couple of buggies might be going as well.
yeah, i camp out there all the time, what street do you camp near?
Don't camp out there. The cops write tickets on people who dont camp in the campground. $50 for the campsite and $50 for the fire. I saw the guy in the blazer 4x4 give a guy a ticket a few months ago.
i camp out there about every other weekend, our campsite is way off the beaten trail, just do camp in the open like an idiot... :P
where is badluck? Is it a good place to bring younger riders that dont have alot of experince? What is it like trails, pits, hills, or mud?
there are a lot of trails, a big area called the prairie with a lot of mud in it, not really any hills, not much sand, and a few large fields for younger guys to cruise around in. if you want to go you better go soon. its supposedly closing shortly after the first of the year. its in the golden gate estates area of naples. if you can find a map of naples look for everglades blvd. its at the south end of that road. it more of less starts rigth when you cross the i-75 overpass, but its mainly the last 1/4 or 1/3 of everglades blvd after you pass over 75.
are they still requiring permits to ride in badluck???????
This is probably a stupid question, I am new here so I think I can ask those... but why is it called badluck?
QuoteThis is probably a stupid question, I am new here so I think I can ask those... but why is it called badluck?
Not a stupid question.... I really don't know why, but this is part of my post from my last ride there....it's MY reason....
Great time, great pics, but it was in the cards that I not go.....My Jeep dies friday nite,... going to pick up Laura and Mudbug in the Budvan, some broad jumps the median and nearly gets me head -on,....forgot the lunch goodies at home and had to improvise, had a blast Saturday though, Sunday went back to the prarie to git down and durty again,....got a flat, and left the fix a flat in the truck, ....and Laura's truck loses oil pressure at the Mobile station on I-75 35 miles from home, wheeeeeee what a time! Can't wait to go back, but don't know how I will tow the trailer.
holy cow - I understand - a well deserved name..
Oh, I forgot...found out that I had a broken frame on the bike when I off loaded it from riding there >:(
Is there a name for the campground??
# website???? any info
is badluck the same a big cypress???
Chris,
Badluck is not Big Cypress. Badluck is a part of the Squares (or Blocks) north of Big Cypress. Great place to ride. We'll be out there Christmas weekend and New Years weekend because they are supposed to begin to enforce a no ride rule after the new year. Badluck prairie is wet lands, so it's a mudder's paradise. The squares is dry trails.
So are there any campgrounds out there???
Or like it said above you just find a open area to camp????
There is a camping area. It is a large area, so often people just camp wherever they choose. Since they are coming down on us, it would be best to stay in the camping area for now.
Looks like we will be riding out there also on Sunday weather permiting. 2 Honda 4x4's Red and Green.
QuoteDon't camp out there. The cops write tickets on people who dont camp in the campground. $50 for the campsite and $50 for the fire. I saw the guy in the blazer 4x4 give a guy a ticket a few months ago.
As for the camping at the T-canal...Piss on that and all the Idiots on the dirt road with no respect and the guns shootin in the canal.... >:( Come give me the ticket it will be worth it for the last few weeks we can ride out there ..
Any of you guys going to be there on Monday or Tuesday?
Azzman how do if i can go how do I get there from homestead?
Here you go.