While this isn't the HL's exactly, it is the south side of the dike.
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/52107/HL.jpg)
was any one ridding north side leeve or that not alowed either? please let me no
when i went to macs sunday, i saw trucks getting on 27 from 75 headed towards holylands and within another 45minutes they were down at macs, didn't ask if holylands was closed but i assumed so
Quote from: 4x4Matt on May 22, 2007, 02:13:50 AM
was any one ridding north side leeve or that not alowed either? please let me no
Don't know, but I doubt it. This is the Alley entrance.
Any updates? I want to ride around there on wednesday (with 4x4matt). Last I heard, just the north side is open...south side is closed.
Can anyone advise?
lets just ride there bubba
we are going to, you got to put your dang flag on, it's sitting on my kitchen table!
i have to get boots and tear offs, then I'mr eady tommorow.
Be sure to let us know how it goes.
no prob be more tha happy to u wanna come and ride?
I wish I could!! :'(
My next ride will probably be this weekend unless something really cool happens before then....I'm not sure where at this point though, but it might be the south side of the Alley and you guys are more than welcome to check it out with us if you want. Great riding out there! As good if not better than the HL's.
I hope you find the north side open. It should be just right at this point. Have a good ride.
WHERE ARE U GUYS TALKING ABOUT? THE NORTH SIDE OF WAT? HOW WOULD I GET THERE?
Quote from: hondarider450r on May 23, 2007, 12:44:11 PM
WHERE ARE U GUYS TALKING ABOUT? THE NORTH SIDE OF WAT? HOW WOULD I GET THERE?
The north side of the Holeylands. It is located on the WPB/Broward border on US 27 about 6 miles west. They have a big sign, it is hard to miss.
It will be on your right when you are approaching the parking lot area from 27 after the bridge.
so all of the north side of holyland is open. but i thought the fwc was blocking the road to get in holylands
Quote from: hondarider450r on May 23, 2007, 02:20:42 PM
so all of the north side of holyland is open. but i thought the fwc was blocking the road to get in holylands
We will know for sure what the deal is when Matt gets back later today. I can't believe they would be stopping people from fishing there unless it was on fire, and FWC is scarce during the week, so if their isn't any signs saying otherwise I would guess all is good.
I wouldn't mind running the north side down by the pumphouse, lots of shade there and plenty of muck to keep it real. ;)
yea i wouldnt mind eighter. but i am going to call dannie at fwc today and her wats going on.
Now that is a good idea. I'm glad they closed it though, or I might have never found the newest spot off the south side of the Alley. ;) Thanks again Illegal!
talked to dani holey lands still closed still to dry north and south.
Hey jackL,
Where are you riding off the alley
Quote from: Old Grizzly on May 23, 2007, 04:21:31 PM
Hey jackL,
Where are you riding off the alley
38.5 south side.
Thrumud is putting together a group ride there in the coming weeks. I hope to have run it at least one more time before that. I'll post it in 'where to ride' when it is happening, everyone is welcome as well, but it will be short notice as always.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,24475.0.html
Thanks id like to join you guys for a group ride if thats ok
Quote from: Old Grizzly on May 23, 2007, 05:27:31 PM
Thanks id like to join you guys for a group ride if thats ok
It is more than OK, bring a friend or ten!! All are welcome.
This is the link to the group ride thread:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,24475.0.html
Well, me and matt went out there to ride. It had closed signs posted on both the sides.
We spoke with a really nice FWC Officer, who informed us it was closed until further notice. He said he doesn't know when it will re-open but as of now it is fully illigal to ride there. They even closed down the levy, no access whatsoever. The biologists say that it is way way too dry for anyone to be out there for fear of fires. Also, they are getting aggrivated with everyone "tearing it up"
So, it's closed. Probably for a long long time is my guess. Whenever the biologists feel it is safe to go out there. Then we have another problem!!! High water!!! It will probably be high water in a couple months and it will close down b/c of that. The deer like to go to high land of course, so they come up on the levy. He said it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
As far as macs, we went out there, not much for 2wd to do. Chrome wasn't so bad, just REAL wet, we got quite muddy, but it was a blast.
I want to check out this place on the Alley. Maybe we will go tommorow, how is it for 2wd?
The Holeylands is definitely a seasonal place, and you are right about the high water problem, that is next. I hope we get a small window in there to play before it is totally flooded.
As far as 38.5, if you didn't like Macks you really won't like this. You will want a 4x4 around for sure, but it is pretty close so no harm in checking it out.
Looks like 8th/157th is in all our cards for a while..
HOW WOULD I GET TO 8TH/157TH I AM IN MIRAMAR?
10-4 Jack.
We are heading to chrome tonight if anyone wants to come. Be there around 4ish
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT ON HOW TO GET TO 8TH/157TH PLZ THANX
Quote from: jrpro130 on May 24, 2007, 02:25:00 PM
10-4 Jack.
We are heading to chrome tonight if anyone wants to come. Be there around 4ish
I'm going to see what happens. I do want to check this place out. Everyone I know says it was closed a long time ago, and is a bust.. ;) haha, guess not.
hondarider450r : SW 8th st to 157th. I hear their is a BBQ joint at the turn. I've never been, so if this is wrong please correct it.
IT LEGAL THERE ON 8TH/157TH? AND IS IT GOOD FOR SPORT QUADS
Quote from: hondarider450r on May 24, 2007, 02:34:54 PM
IT LEGAL THERE ON 8TH/157TH? AND IS IT GOOD FOR SPORT QUADS
Everyone here says it is legal and great for sport quads. I'm looking forward to checking it out.
FWC said it was legal. Just not legal to ride on the "gravel road".
It is still a state road and has rules/regs just like every other road.
If you're talking about that chunk of land at the southeast corner of Krome and SW 8 St, bordered by SW 157 Ave on the east, that had been a very popular area for years. I thought that Metro-Dade had started running people off of that land a couple years back. The area of land on the north side of SW 8 St and east of Krome was also popular but was quite a bit more swampy from what I heard. Let me know what you find when you get down there. Hopefully, the 'opportunists' won't be working that area too hard while you're out riding. ;)
I just got off the phone with a guy who says it is most excellent riding, good food at the BBQ and no problems with the law.
We may hit it tomorrow during the day, nothing in my truck to steal. I have a special one for just such occasions and places. 8)
My buddy's rig on the other hand...we shall see. I'll post up pictures and my feelings on the place for sure.
rode there today and man sport bikes have fun and 4x4 evan more fun u def will like it jack
My friend got arrested about a year ago off 8th street by the lake i think. i don't know if this is the same place everyone is referring too. if it really is legal i will be heading out there this weekend. :)
I'll let you guys know tomorrow what I find, I'll be there early AM....unless I get arrested that is. 8)
To tell you the truth its illegal to ride there.I hate riding there when I know its gunna be packed because cops sometimes park in front of the entrances and wait for people to come and give you tickets.Best time to go is on a weekday.Youll have the place to yourself and no cop will show up.I used to go every day after school or at night by myself to rinker and ride the forest or go all the way to the back and go to the hills and then ride the trail down to 41st and go to were the huge grass hill was.That was the best
Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on May 25, 2007, 03:05:21 AM
To tell you the truth its illegal to ride there.I hate riding there when I know its gunna be packed because cops sometimes park in front of the entrances and wait for people to come and give you tickets.Best time to go is on a weekday.Youll have the place to yourself and no cop will show up.I used to go every day after school or at night by myself to rinker and ride the forest or go all the way to the back and go to the hills and then ride the trail down to 41st and go to were the huge grass hill was.That was the best
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this. ;)
Even though it is still during the week tomorrow, isn't school out for the summer....? Oh well, we shall see what happens, maybe it will be a trip for some BBQ before Macks.
Dont let what I say stop you.Because its been a while since they have raided the place.The officer that stopped me told me every once in a while they come and raid it and when they do they are very big ahole about it
I just got home.
It was an awesome ride. We went all the way through the entire place. There was no where that a sport bike couldn't go around. It would have been fun on a 4x4, but trail riding on our bikes was freaking awesome! I wish we could have seen more of the sun set, but none-the-less, awesome ride!!! I love how it's slick sand and some wet dirt, nice for sliding around!
Don't let the police bother you. They don't do too much except kick you out.
BTW, you are required a warning before you get a TICKET (or NTA for that matter) for trespassing. If you ARE driving an ATV on the public roadway (yes, that is the gravel road) THEN you can get a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle. It is such a touchy thing that most officers just ask you to leave.
JackL, we just got done riding, it was awesome. We saw a handfull of people out there, but it was almost completely dry. I had a blast!!!
Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on May 25, 2007, 03:17:17 AM
Dont let what I say stop you.Because its been a while since they have raided the place.The officer that stopped me told me every once in a while they come and raid it and when they do they are very big ahole about it
The only think that will stop me is the police or a BIG no TP sign. ;)
I'm glad you spoke up, because I did find it hard to believe all was totally cool there. I remember when they turned the screws tight on that place. Now I know it is a grey area. haha
jrpro130, thanks for the report. I love the slick stuff myself. Hopefully I will keep the rubber on the ground.
I don't recall Dade opting out of the atv on unpaved law. I wonder if the ticket would stick...
Like I said, thats what FWC said, he said he patrols there. It is a gray area. He told us most of the time they just ask you to leave. Unless you are being stupid.
I would definetly go out there w/ a 4x4. theres a lot of holes, just dug up by trucks though. Shoulda taken pics, but I was too busy riding trails having fun!
GO have fun there this weekend.I was just giving you a heads up.I used to live by there and I would usually ride there like everyday.Oh yeah engoy it while you can because that forest geys REALLY flooded.
QUESTION. HOW ABOUT RIDING THERE ON A SUNDAY. WAT WOULD U GUYS SAY WOULD IT BE RAIDED BY COPS. OR WOULD I BE OK?
The only time I have seen the cops out there is when jerks are ridding and racing on 8th street only. If you stay off the road you are okay.
OK THANX ILL BE OUT THERE NEXT SUNDAY I WISH THIS SUNDAY BUT I AM HEADING TO TAMPA FOR BUSH GARDENS. THANX GUYS FOR UR HELP!!!!!!!!!