In the sales section I have seen atv's for sale that look like it belongs on the show room. Even though they are a few years old. What are your cleaning techniques and or products used? I am amazed. The engines, the hoses, plastics look brand spanking new. Like it has never seen mud.
How in the world can you keep it that clean????
Quote from: jpease on May 17, 2007, 08:55:30 PM
In the sales section I have seen atv's for sale that look like it belongs on the show room. Even though they are a few years old. What are your cleaning techniques and or products used? I am amazed. The engines, the hoses, plastics look brand spanking new. Like it has never seen mud.
How in the world can you keep it that clean????
Greased Lighting work good too
The Motocross Maverick Schooled me on SIMPLE GREEM MAX.... i clean my bike with it after every ride its easy too... no scrubbing required.....
1. use hose to get off big clumps of dirt
2. spray down bike with SIMPLE GREEM MAX
3. use hose to rinse off and watch it gleam....
i use pledge furniture wax on the plastics. they shine up nice and smell good too! ;D
go to sams club or local auto parts store and get some spray on silicone
I replace the plastics after every ride.
Just kidding. I too use grease lightning but as funny as it sounds I have found that liquid laundry detergent works great.
WD-40 after it's clean,,,,,I spray everything even the plastics,,,,then I take a short ride around the block to burn off the stuff from the exhaust pipe,,,,,,no real reason except I like seeing the looks on the nieghbor's faces when I lay down a smoke trail on the street.
Id@
oh no really when you buy your bike take a bunch of pics cause somewhere's down the road you will sell it and have great pics to post!!.
No Really i use T-9 all over the bikes after riding little better than wd 40 also more costly
most of them have never seen mud ;)
And, pics always look better cause you can't see the scratches/stains.
I use ZEP 4358 to clean her and CRC 6-56 marine lube to shine her up really good...... ;)
so the trick to cleaning is to use an agent that will repel dirt in the first place. Kewl, I am going to give that a shot.
When you clean your atv's do you clean it with the engine on or off, warm or cold? My kids e-ton seems to be sensitive to water I usually leave the engine on and it seems to work better.
Also, do you guys use a pressure cleaner?
do not use a pressure cleaner unless your'e careful where you spray and not hurting any components,,,,,I always wash with them cold.
dunno if it would make a difference other than the cleaner drying very quickly before it had a chance to soak in to the dirt if it were warm.
Id@
Dont ride them...they are for looks only ;)
Quote from: Dreth on May 18, 2007, 10:53:54 AM
most of them have never seen mud ;)
:)
You got that right.
2nd the wd40 wipedown. It will evaporate in no time & leave a nice shine.
clean it one time really good and then before your next run spray it thick except the exhuast with pam cooking oil you will see how easy everything comes off when you clean it after the ride .
Jus a lil side note, Pam work's for love bug's as well, jus dont go too crazy with it or you'll git a windshield full
I use rain. no scrubbing needed, just sit back and crack a few coldies. except that it has been a while since it was clean.