There is talk going around and if you have heard it it is true.
I need all XC racers to contact me. Need feedback and knowledge.
All Quad Clubs also. Please contact me.
Brett Jones
SSQSA President
352-516-5465
I moved this so that more people that race XC would see it.
Hey Brent, just let me know what info you need and I'll be more then happy to give you a hand on it, we only had a few races for quads only, it will be great to have another series going on .
Luis C.
What is going on? Another series? Someone PM me.
I'm There!!!!
The official announcement will be made at the rally.
But yes, SSQSA is going to put on QS next season.
sounds great ........
can you give us any details on what you are talking about?
The Sunshine State Quad Series (SSQSA) will be introducing a Quad Scramble portion to our existing MX series. In order for this to work and to give yall more places to race, I am going to need the help of all that have worked a race or have any ideas. The ATV clubs and people to volunteer are also going to be needed.
This series is also going to have a money class. It is going to take some time for this to grow into the series that I want it to but I believe that it is time to offer something else for you woods racers.
That sounds great. The biggest problem is finding the land. It takes at least 400 acreas to put on a race. You also cant conflict with FTR races. The dates for next year will be decided soon. I'd say just try to do 3 or 4 races the first year and make them GREAT and then if it works out maybe the quads could break away from FTR. They dont want us anyway.
Regardeless if FTR like us or not (I don't think they dislike us as much as many thinks) as I told you some time Brett, there is no sense to conflict on race dates with FTR, this will give us another chance to ride-race and if we all can put this together, it would be a great opportunity for may to try the Woods racing, I'm sure you all with love it.
I'm going to try not to conflict with FTR as much as possible. Also will look at the GNCC also. There is a pig picture here and the pieces are falling together slowly.
As far as land goes.... that is where the clubs will help. I also have some other ideas for locations.
I missed the pig picture ;D
I think maybe he meant "big". A new series for XC would make for a busy season, more the better! Just one race under my buckle and I'm hooked looking for more.
We need more qs. This would be perfect for us woods racers. You could have them on the same weekends as the hs or in between that wouldn't be hard to do. It's the gncc when it starts that you need to worry about. Thats my opinion anyways, but great bring it on.
Brett, as you know, we have had over 200 riders at some of the FTR "QS" events, I'm sure with all the different classes you can set, there will be a class for everyone , kids and 4X4's included.
So lets get it started!!!
;D
OK. I still haven't heard from any clubs that would be interested in helping with this endeavor. If you know of any please give them my Email address or have them PM me on this site. Thanks.
were is this gonna happen? and can i get more info im confused
At this point they will not be happening. Maybe in the future but not right now. I never got any clubs to get in touch with me to help.
you know im in